Dow is Down 900+ points Today 2/24/2020

FIVEHOE

Established Member
dead cat bounce boys and girls. You can artificially inflate the market by pumping it, but until the spread of corona stops, the market will continue going down.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
dead cat bounce boys and girls. You can artificially inflate the market by pumping it, but until the spread of corona stops, the market will continue going down.

There is some legit deal hunting and cost average buying now.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member

You realize the market (Dow) went up more that it ever has today? Ever.

If corona death toll stays low look for a huge upward trend.....above 30,000

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

LOL, that is interesting and weird.....Let's see what Fed is gonna say during FOMC soon.

Do you realize that the DOW had the worst day ever since 1987. The Federal Reserve hurried to offer another 500B in repo....

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The bulls were irreverent in 1985... The 1985 Bears were the best NFL team that ever existed.

I’m not a bears fan (actually loved Miami and Marino growing up) but I agree with this. 1985 bears have no peer. If I’m playing video games or see a game with a dominant team, I often refer to them as the 85 bears. Do other people do that? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FIVEHOE

Established Member

Let's look at this logically.

If the fed wasn't concerned about the current state of the market, do you think they would have pumped 500 bill to 1.5 trill into the market to help support it? Along with a 50 point interest drop? How about the trump administration declaring a national emergency? How about businesses and schools shutting down temporary.

We don't even know the full extent of the spread in the US due to scarce testing supplies. With everyone flocking to the market place like its doomsday, that shits probably a hotzone for the spreading.

Whether it'll go up or down is all speculation, but based on the actions the feds and government administration is taking, I wouldn't bet my cards it'll get better before it gets worse.

Even if it gets better, awesome. I've been trickling money into the market the last few days :)

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Let's look at this logically.

If the fed wasn't concerned about the current state of the market, do you think they would have pumped 500 bill to 1.5 trill into the market to help support it? Along with a 50 point interest drop? How about the trump administration declaring a national emergency? How about businesses and schools shutting down temporary.

We don't even know the full extent of the spread in the US due to scarce testing supplies. With everyone flocking to the market place like its doomsday, that shits probably a hotzone for the spreading.

Whether it'll go up or down is all speculation, but based on the actions the feds and government administration is taking, I wouldn't bet my cards it'll get better before it gets worse.

Even if it gets better, awesome. I've been trickling money into the market the last few days :)

If this calamity has taught us anything, its that no one seems to know a ****ing thing about anything. Not the government, not "experts" in their fields, etc. People don't know shit. I asked our realtor what this virus scare is going to do to the housing market here. Guess what? He doesn't know shit. I asked an economics professor who has a bulletproof reputation if tourism would drop, how much the decrease might be, and what impact it will have on the housing market. He couldn't answer. My point is, this is a situation that is brand new and never seen before, so taking extra precautions is the best option our government and everyone else can do.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The bulls were irreverent in 1985... The 1985 Bears were the best NFL team that ever existed.

I’m not a bears fan (actually loved Miami and Marino growing up) but I agree with this. 1985 bears have no peer. If I’m playing video games or see a game with a dominant team, I often refer to them as the 85 bears. Do other people do that? LOL

I'd put the '89 9ers and '96 Packers right there with them.

nxhappy

Established Member
first off, the market NEEDED a correction, it was way too high, way too fast. The virus is just the topper. My first prediction was 22000, which happened. Now with all this shit shutting down, I am thinking 18,000. I don't know why we are shutting down schools and large companies. IF the deaths are only 50 people in the US ....why the **** are we under national emergency ? Seems like the government is covering up the true numbers.

blk02edge

Established Member
first off, the market NEEDED a correction, it was way too high, way too fast. The virus is just the topper. My first prediction was 22000, which happened. Now with all this shit shutting down, I am thinking 18,000. I don't know why we are shutting down schools and large companies. IF the deaths are only 50 people in the US ....why the **** are we under national emergency ? Seems like the government is covering up the true numbers.
Its not about the US numbers, it's about learning from Italy's numbers. I agree it's likely waaaaay over exaggerated but since neither you or me have any clue about the matter it's best to temporarily play it safe

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The reason for schools closing is because (I assume) theybare worried the kids are carrying it with no symptoms, then unknowingly bringing it home to the adults etc.
No one's really been tested so we don't really know who's got what.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

As said, it's about breeding grounds for the virus. One sick kid goes to school showing no signs, 30 other kids get it, go home to their grandparent's house, and things get ugly fast.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
As said, it's about breeding grounds for the virus. One sick kid goes to school showing no signs, 30 other kids get it, go home to their grandparent's house, and things get ugly fast.

Exactly how I described it to my kids today. As of now, their schools have not been canceled but I assume that it is imminent.

Users who are viewing this thread