Dicks sporting goods: no more AR's

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
5fd7ef64456ca9b51bf17dfd37e5968d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rare40th

Established Member
I'm surprised the one by me is open still. Was there a couple of weeks back walking around, pretty sure customers were outnumbered by employees.
Doesn't do much except save face for the Company, like others I'll just keep shopping at the local gun store. Supports a local business, better deals and they care about guns as much as we do

Blown 89

Established Member
They said the same thing after Sandy Hook. They're just looking for publicity.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I was a front end manager at a couple different Dick's locations in 08/09. Two different cities out here, and both only had shotguns and shotgun ammo. No rifle or handgun. The one in the rich area would sell maybe 2 a week (I had to process the 4473), the other would sell about the same, but that's because we were near 3 bases and had a military discount. Now with internet vendors/local stores/armslist I can't really see them selling more than they did at that time.

Was in a local one last week, they carry zero gun anything. A Scheels just opened across the street from them. Place is giant with a huge gun selection. The Dick's is part of the large outdoor mall, and they were beyond dead. Cabelas, Scheels, and Jax (local place here) are all better priced and busier, so they may go the way of Sports Authority.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Walmart just did the same...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
In my area, Walmart hasn't sold any black rifles for a few years.
But, Mini 14 Ranch? Yep. Sitting right there not looking scary with the wood stock.
All it takes is a $150 Tapco stock, then its black & scary. Pop in a 30rd mag, holy shit now we have an "assault" rifle.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Cannot understand that logic, either. You are not mature enough to purchase a firearm, but you can join the Armed Forces so you can die in another country using a select fire version of those firearms. Further, you are mature enough to vote in elected officials, but not buy a firearm.

I met with my Congressman this morning, who happens to have one of his district offices in my building to discuss these very same issues. In addition to all the other snowflake/SJW BS, I also brought to his attention having women register for selective service. The look on his female casework aide's face was priceless. I looked right at her and stated "If you can vote, you should also be entered into selective service".

Respected

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Walmart doesn’t sell guns in my area and academy has a pretty good selection, but uneducated clerks

nxhappy

Established Member
Business must be good if you can risk alienating a big section of the customer base.
Remember when Walmart still sold handgun Ammo? Remember when they used to sell scary black guns?
In my area, they still sell ammo, just not for handguns. Wondering if that will cease.
I'd rather support my local gun shop anyway. Even at a higher price.
no HG ammo? that's really weird. They sell it here in Commiefornia.

Users who are viewing this thread