Dicks sporting goods: no more AR's

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Business must be good if you can risk alienating a big section of the customer base.
Remember when Walmart still sold handgun Ammo? Remember when they used to sell scary black guns?
In my area, they still sell ammo, just not for handguns. Wondering if that will cease.
I'd rather support my local gun shop anyway. Even at a higher price.

All the wallmarts i have ever been to in Michigan sells handgun ammo. Just bought a shit ton last weekend.

I literally don’t know one person that ever bought a AR from dicks. Everything was always overpriced from what i saw.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Meh, I respect that they have the right to run their business the way they want. I don't really go there anyway unless it's the holiday season

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
It's not just they're stopping with the ARs they're also planning to not sell to anyone less than 21 years of age regardless of state laws

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
It's not just they're stopping with the ARs they're also planning to not sell to anyone less than 21 years of age regardless of state laws

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I don't see them enforcing the age requirement as a big deal. In IL, you need to be 21 to obtain a FOID, unless your parents/guardians sign off. I agree with that .

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Another PR move so they can look like they care about the well-being of the human race while trying to get more sales from the anti-gun crowd. Haven't had much of a need to go to a Dick's in years and definitely won't be going back to one now.

Cabela's is awesome and thats where I bought my M&P Sport II. Maybe I should go buy another now.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
No firearm sales to anyone <21, and no more ‘Assault Rifle’ sales. This will be a HUGE issue in the South....

Seems alienating a big portion of your customer base, would not be a wise business decision.

Bold play, Cotton.

I bet they ran the sales numbers before announcing.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^Yup they sure do like to flip flop on their issues. As @HillbillyHotRod alluded to they did the same thing after Sandy Hook then quietly restocked the AR's.

The only thing worse than a self righteous corksucker is a hypocritical one. Weren't these guys going out of business, closing stores? There have been so many types of these stores that have struggled to stay in business around here.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hide yo guns!
Hide yo knifes!
They banning erry body out therre!!!

RES0574

Established Member
Cannot understand that logic, either. You are not mature enough to purchase a firearm, but you can join the Armed Forces so you can die in another country using a select fire version of those firearms. Further, you are mature enough to vote in elected officials, but not buy a firearm.

I met with my Congressman this morning, who happens to have one of his district offices in my building to discuss these very same issues. In addition to all the other snowflake/SJW BS, I also brought to his attention having women register for selective service. The look on his female casework aide's face was priceless. I looked right at her and stated "If you can vote, you should also be entered into selective service".

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
The only thing worse than a self righteous corksucker is a hypocritical one. Weren't these guys going out of business, closing stores? There have been so many types of these stores that have struggled to stay in business around here.

Dave I don't know how they can stay solvent. The one near me is beyond expensive, has a terrible location and shitty customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread