Dicks sporting goods: no more AR's

bglf83

Established Member
To be honest they own a store called field and stream that I frequent. Screw them though.

They had a Bushmaster ACR on the shelf last time I was there.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The only reason I ever stroll into Dick's is because F&S is connected. The former has quite a few crappy kit guns compared to anything else.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Most retail stores are overpriced as it is. I get it, they have overhead and profit margins to worry about. I usually get a good deal on a firearm from a local gun store and of course there's always the internet.

Or build your own, but that's a different subject.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Most retail stores are overpriced as it is. I get it, they have overhead and profit margins to worry about. I usually get a good deal on a firearm from a local gun store and of course there's always the internet.

Or build your own, but that's a different subject.
This is true, I buy from online retailers almost all of the time. In December I my most recent gun purchase DDM4V7 couldn't be beat at a local store.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's what I was thinking, it was right after Sandy Hook. Can't miss an opportunity to virtue signal.
This!

I haven't shopped in a Dick's Sporting Goods for over 10 years. Absolutely no reason to. They've always been overpriced. Now I just have a compelling reason to never go back. o_O

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Business must be good if you can risk alienating a big section of the customer base.
Remember when Walmart still sold handgun Ammo? Remember when they used to sell scary black guns?
In my area, they still sell ammo, just not for handguns. Wondering if that will cease.
I'd rather support my local gun shop anyway. Even at a higher price.

Users who are viewing this thread