Dicks sporting goods: no more AR's

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Never been to a Dicks and after 5 years of working for Walmart I dont go unless i have to.

Academy has anything i could want or need and all it takes is a hour drive and i can get anything i can think of.

Gravik

Established Member
d892a1db9e1b5929bffa9e076f09d41e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The employee at Dicks was actually following the law to a T there. Straw Law. It is illegal to purchase a gun for anyone other than yourself. Under federal law, a person could face 10 years in jail as well as $250,000 in fines if they help someone obtain a gun by purchasing the gun on their behalf from a federally licensed dealer.

Not entirely true. The court already ruled that you can give guns away as gifts, which is what was happening here. If you give a gun to someone you know isn't supposed to have one then yes that's illegal but if they can legally have one then there's no federal law against it. Some states do require you to go through a dealer to transfer firearms so a background check is done though.

MFE

Established Member
The employee at Dicks was actually following the law to a T there. Straw Law. It is illegal to purchase a gun for anyone other than yourself. Under federal law, a person could face 10 years in jail as well as $250,000 in fines if they help someone obtain a gun by purchasing the gun on their behalf from a federally licensed dealer.

You damn sure ARE legally allowed to buy a gun for somebody else, but you can't buy one for a person you know is, or have reason to believe is, a prohibited possessor.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
The store also doesn’t HAVE to sell it to you, because it could be a straw purchase. Liability and recent events will certainly have companies erring on the side of caution.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Never been to a Dicks and after 5 years of working for Walmart I dont go unless i have to.

Academy has anything i could want or need and all it takes is a hour drive and i can get anything i can think of.

Academy surprised me, they have 6.5 grendal and 6.8 spc II ammo there....I was like holyshit!

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Academy surprised me, they have 6.5 grendal and 6.8 spc II ammo there....I was like holyshit!

The guy at academy in Huntsville explained to me what he 6.5 creedmore round is. I Am not familiar with it TBH

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The store also doesn’t HAVE to sell it to you, because it could be a straw purchase. Liability and recent events will certainly have companies erring on the side of caution.

That is what I was referring to. The problem was that he was on the phone talking to a guy to figure out what he wanted, in front of the clerk.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Dicks has been struggling for a long while. Their stock price lost almost 50% of its value this past year. During one of the greatest years for the market in DECADES! When your company is so shitty it’s losing value in a booming market I suppose you might try something radical like alienating a segment of your consumer base?

They will disappear like sports authority in the near future. They are getting killed by Amazon and Cabelas.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Dicks has been struggling for a long while. Their stock price lost almost 50% of its value this past year. During one of the greatest years for the market in DECADES! When your company is so shitty it’s losing value in a booming market I suppose you might try something radical like alienating a segment of your consumer base?

They will disappear like sports authority in the near future. They are getting killed by Amazon and Cabelas.
Don't forget Academy. Dick's has always been overpriced.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread