Dealer makes a price mix up. Has buyer arrested for theft.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I'm a dealer and we're not all pieces of shit. I feel for the owner of the dealership, it's extremely difficult to build and sustain a business, then you have a dick, hired by someone in HR, **** something up so badly it can cost you upwards of 6 figures. Shame on those of you hoping the dealer goes bankrupt, it's hard enough to open up and run a dealership without people suing you for employee incompetence.

That said, a car being sold like that if it's contracted, is sold. Nothing you can do about it, why on earth a manager would want them arrested is beyond me. Here in Texas, the police would inform me that it's a civil issue and tell me to go pound sand, I'd be out $5g's and my manager would be looking for a new job.

Not all dealerships are evil and out to hurt you. The reason a lot of us are so guarded is the amount of bullshit we have to deal with from customers. It's shocking the lies the general public will try to get away with, and they don't think twice about trying to **** the dealer any way they can :nono:

This is pretty much all I was trying to say yesterday - for whatever reason, if an automotive group becomes successful enough to acquire a few dealerships, they are all of a sudden pieces of crap? The owner of Priority wasn't aware that this had occurred until after the police got involved, and now he's on the hook to make it right, and I feel that he will. The service manager who was overseeing this is the dumbass and if he hasn't already been canned, I would suspect that will be forthcoming.

Priority Automotive, in my opinion, runs a good business and the dealerships that they took over are doing better than ever. They saved a lot of jobs when they came into the area and started turning things around for dealerships that were struggling.

Both dealer and buyer are crooks. Sitting in the pokey for 4hrs is really no big deal. But as was stated, only in America can you turn something like this into a $2.2 million lawsuit.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
To clarify further: As a civilian police employee, I sometimes take stolen vehicle reports. If a manager from a car dealer comes in and says somebody stole one of their cars, I'm going to ask for all of the what/where/who/how/when/why, and get it from him in writing. I'm then going to call our vehicle desk to enter it into the local system as stolen, and they're not going to do this without question, nor will the person working teletypes enter it into NCIC without asking questions.
SO your saying this involved procedure happens in Every county in Every State in the USA?:lol1:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Both dealer and buyer are crooks. Sitting in the pokey for 4hrs is really no big deal. But as was stated, only in America can you turn something like this into a $2.2 million lawsuit.

I wouldn't call the buyer a crook. His lawyer, maybe, but not the buyer. The lawyer is usually the party that determines what a good starting point for a suit is. Also, I don't know that if that happened to me, 4 hours or not, if I wouldn't be suing for the whole dealership. I take false accusations VERY seriously. I own when I slip up, but don't ever accuse me of anything I didn't do.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'm a dealer and we're not all pieces of shit. I feel for the owner of the dealership, it's extremely difficult to build and sustain a business, then you have a dick, hired by someone in HR, **** something up so badly it can cost you upwards of 6 figures. Shame on those of you hoping the dealer goes bankrupt, it's hard enough to open up and run a dealership without people suing you for employee incompetence.

That said, a car being sold like that if it's contracted, is sold. Nothing you can do about it, why on earth a manager would want them arrested is beyond me. Here in Texas, the police would inform me that it's a civil issue and tell me to go pound sand, I'd be out $5g's and my manager would be looking for a new job.

Not all dealerships are evil and out to hurt you. The reason a lot of us are so guarded is the amount of bullshit we have to deal with from customers. It's shocking the lies the general public will try to get away with, and they don't think twice about trying to **** the dealer any way they can :nono:
Say what you will but public perception of new car dealerships is on par with lawyers... Failing to honor warranty claims,price markups through the roof on parts etc.. etc.. Ask the SVTP members if they take their high HP Cobras,GT500's,Lightning's,Mach's to dealerships for service:D

horspla2000

Established Member
Say what you will but public perception of new car dealerships is on par with lawyers... Failing to honor warranty claims,price markups through the roof on parts etc.. etc.. Ask the SVTP members if they take their high HP Cobras,GT500's,Lightning's,Mach's to dealerships for service:D

I work in a service dept of a Ford dealer. I have worked on some fairly decent cars. Given the area, its a big deal. The "big city" dealers, maybe true, but not all.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^ My guess the clientele that brings those type of cars in are a bit towards the mature senior age range maybe? Do you really think a 30 year old dude is gonna bring his 700HP Twin screw Cobra to a dealership to have the plugs changed?

TJSwoboda

Established Member
SO your saying this involved procedure happens in Every county in Every State in the USA?:lol1:
Not exactly the same procedure, no, but I have a lot of trouble believing that this would be a criminal matter anywhere in the US, even if the dealer is legally in the right (in some states, I think they would be).

I wouldn't call the buyer a crook. His lawyer, maybe, but not the buyer. The lawyer is usually the party that determines what a good starting point for a suit is. Also, I don't know that if that happened to me, 4 hours or not, if I wouldn't be suing for the whole dealership. I take false accusations VERY seriously. I own when I slip up, but don't ever accuse me of anything I didn't do.

The buyer is most certainly a crook. Given what happened, he has no problem hiring an attorney to clean another person out for $2.2 million. What he is seeking through his attorney is simply not proportional to what happened to him. Now a jury may say otherwise but its just another frivolous lawsuit, plain and simple.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
If the dealership offered to pay the car off and give it to me, with a better warranty or.. a Z06.. Ide be fine with it and be done with it.. Not try and ask for 2.2mil..

O and legal fees.. lol

Take the damn hit for the mistake, give the guy the car, pay for his lawyer, and be done with it.
Either way. Dealership ****ed up. But not all of them are like that. I worked for a Ford dealership and minus a few people, I enjoyed the place. It along with uh quite a few other dealerships where still family owned and run and they tried to make it feel that way for employees. Customers were always treated well and we did whatever we could to accommodate anyone. Hell the owner would still come by the dealership and talk to everyone like he worked there too. His daughter now runs the whole group as his 2 sons did not want to take it over.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
that sucks that happened to him...but really? 2.2 million dollars.... wtf?

They should put him back in jail for being a ****ing moron. If that happened to me, I'd just punch the dealer in the face after and we'd both move on. But then I'd be charged with assault. And that's why this country sucks now. You just can't handle things in a civilized manner anymore.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
^ My guess the clientele that brings those type of cars in are a bit towards the mature senior age range maybe? Do you really think a 30 year old dude is gonna bring his 700HP Twin screw Cobra to a dealership to have the plugs changed?

Probably a lot of them do. A lot of them probably had the car built for them to look cool. And as a result they have no idea what the **** they're doing under the hood.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Not exactly the same procedure, no, but I have a lot of trouble believing that this would be a criminal matter anywhere in the US, even if the dealer is legally in the right (in some states, I think they would be).

Can't imagine this being criminal in any circumstance. Basically once the contract was signed and money exchanged, the dealership lost all rights of claim. Pretty basic UCC if the facts in this thread are remotely close to accurate.

Sent from my iHype5 using Tapatalk

s_x_i

Established Member

That's exactly why I opened my dealership. We just completed our first year in business and we're the highest rated reviewed store in town (on google) and last month, we sold more units than one of the smaller franchise stores.

Old dealers, old money = crooks with a monopoly. There's a few of us coming through that are focused on customer service and are changing the game. :beer:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Someone just posted this up on a local forum. Made my weekend.

qt0e1.png

jasil

Established Member
AWE THAT PISSES ME OFF 2.2M CAUSE YOU SAT IN JAIL F__k Y_U!!! They need to have limits on everything stupid litigous BS even though it will be settled out of court etc etc. I can't believe PEOPLE are able to do this in this country.

Everyone is sue happy get rich quick scam the man bs!! Just like the McD lawsuit from years back. Or how about this the BP lawsuit in Louisiana where the attorneys get 25% of the settlement.

Guy should get time lost plus a couple thousand at best!! Greedy bastard!

**I don't see how any of you think this is okay!! Let's think the avg. american family makes a hair over 40K/yr ....a freaking year. Because you were put in jail for 4 hours, were stressed, maybe lost a day at work, had to call a attorney, felt violated, you get to sue for more than the average american worker makes in a lifetime!! The entitlement astounds me!!!

***Compare this to the inmates that are released when DNA proves their innocence and they get a couple hundred k for spending 20-30yrs behind bars? Total BS those guys deserve millions not Mr.butthurt wah wah I sat in jail for 4 horus.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Have any of the people saying "big deal he was in jail for ONLY 4 hours" been to jail before? Let me have to sit in jail because I've been falsely accused of something, I'm coming for your head so to speak whether it be for money or ruining the rep of your business so bad that you have to shut down.

What is your rep worth to you? To some it's priceless and down here we have this paper called The Chronicle that's sold for $1 in almost every gas station in the city and they sell out all the time. This paper puts the mugshot of everybody that was arrested the week before in it, Imagine being in their for this arrest.

jasil

Established Member
Have any of the people saying "big deal he was in jail for ONLY 4 hours" been to jail before? Let me have to sit in jail because I've been falsely accused of something, I'm coming for your head so to speak whether it be for money or ruining the rep of your business so bad that you have to shut down.

What is your rep worth to you? To some it's priceless and down here we have this paper called The Chronicle that's sold for $1 in almost every gas station in the city and they sell out all the time. This paper puts the mugshot of everybody that was arrested the week before in it, Imagine being in their for this arrest.

Yes I have for a 19$ bounced check when I was 19 and guess what? The judge to prove a point and teach me a lesson put the bond at $1,000,000 so I would be stuck in there all weekend. They had people left and right being released but not the white kid.....lol.

I did something wrong and was punished for it. I think too harshly, but hey it is what it is. Do I think this man deserves more than the car he bought and couple K in the bank at most? NOPE not at all!!

His rep isn't ruined, his business not defunct, the dealership was in the wrong end of story. The dealership now they are screwed especially if he get's this settlement.

This is the excessive entitlement nature that is infecting this great country. I slipped at Walmart "Gimme money", That cup was too hot at the restaurant "Gimme money", My boss called me a idiot I'm hurt "Gimme money", I was called a racial slur "Gimme money", I sat in jail for 4 whole hours "Gimme $2.2 MILLION" yeah okay!! Probably more than the guy has made his whole life and then some.

Lastly, you want justice I still say it's falsely accused citizens who are in jail. Go search how man inmates are let go every year as their DNA clears them. Do they get millions? Locally a man was wrongly sentence for over 20 years HE GOT 150K.

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
He can sue for any amount he wants, there is nothing wring with that. A jury of his peers will decide if he gets nothing, a dollar or every cent he wants. Do not get mad at the Attorneys, get mad at your peers who make the awards.

Planter

Banned
hope the dealership goes bankrupt and out of business as a result of said lawsuit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread