Dealer makes a price mix up. Has buyer arrested for theft.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
While I understand the reasoning behind asking that much, I would settle for a zr1 and the original car, all paid off.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Saw this on another board. Even if the dealer is legally in the right (which is possible, but will vary by state) I don't see how the police, and the judge who signed the arrest warrant, didn't see this as a civil matter.

boost4me

Banned
I hope he puts those crooked F***'s out of business. Pieces of S*** having been screwing people for years.

Last edited:

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Saw this on another board. Even if the dealer is legally in the right (which is possible, but will vary by state) I don't see how the police, and the judge who signed the arrest warrant, didn't see this as a civil matter.

They said he stole the vehicle, that is not a civil matter. Once the police figured out what happened, they released him. Sounds like they did the right thing to me?

SCMOKN

Established Member
The dealer screwed up, but 2.2 million is a bit much. Dude just trying to get rich.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
They said they put the wrong price on the paperwork. If the manager told the police he stole it, that guy's ass belongs in jail.
To clarify further: As a civilian police employee, I sometimes take stolen vehicle reports. If a manager from a car dealer comes in and says somebody stole one of their cars, I'm going to ask for all of the what/where/who/how/when/why, and get it from him in writing. I'm then going to call our vehicle desk to enter it into the local system as stolen, and they're not going to do this without question, nor will the person working teletypes enter it into NCIC without asking questions.

If the dealer told the truth to the police, I have trouble seeing this as being a criminal matter (ie, obtaining property under false pretenses) in any state. If the police just said "Daaaaahhhhhh, oookaay...", they screwed up. If a manager from the dealer lied, he should be nailed to the wall, though here in Nevada he'd only be guilty of a misdemeanor.

rust0r

Established Member
Dennis Ellmer, president of Priority Chevrolet, says he owes Sawyer an apology on behalf of the dealership, and had intended to do right by the buyer by letting him have the vehicle at the agreed-upon price.

"by letting him have the vehicle at the agreed-upon price" LOL

It's ironic to see a business that is known for taking advantage of people, talking circles around unsuspecting people, and coaxing people into "dealer added services", is complaining that they got screwed on a contract and aren't happy about it.

Apparently someone doesn't like eating their own poo poo

s_x_i

Established Member
I'm a dealer and we're not all pieces of shit. I feel for the owner of the dealership, it's extremely difficult to build and sustain a business, then you have a dick, hired by someone in HR, **** something up so badly it can cost you upwards of 6 figures. Shame on those of you hoping the dealer goes bankrupt, it's hard enough to open up and run a dealership without people suing you for employee incompetence.

That said, a car being sold like that if it's contracted, is sold. Nothing you can do about it, why on earth a manager would want them arrested is beyond me. Here in Texas, the police would inform me that it's a civil issue and tell me to go pound sand, I'd be out $5g's and my manager would be looking for a new job.

Not all dealerships are evil and out to hurt you. The reason a lot of us are so guarded is the amount of bullshit we have to deal with from customers. It's shocking the lies the general public will try to get away with, and they don't think twice about trying to **** the dealer any way they can :nono:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
having someone falsely arrested is a big deal, in fact huge deal in my book. The deserve to pay for that.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Pay? Sure

2.2 million in blood money and put out of business? Come on now...

+1

All those people who have jobs would then be jobless because of two assholes, the sales manager and the buyer. The buyer is an equally big douche bag for trying to win the lottery with 2.2 mil.

So the buyer gets a vehicle, doesn't like the color, takes it back and gets a new vehicle in a different color worth 5k more? Everyone would notice the big upgrade, 5k is a big difference. And of course the buyer has no integrity so he keeps his mouth shut even though it is an obvious mistake.

The dealer has to own up to the mistake and take that hit and calling the police to report theft was wrong, but 4 hours sounds like Karma.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I'm a little confused as to how the dealer could have someone arrested for stealing something that isn't theirs anymore?... Whether they sold the vehicle for the correct price or not, the car is still sold, and the documents are signed, correct? Then he owns it...

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Filing a false police report, intimidation, fraud. All things that dealer has to worry about now. Hope the guy gets whatever he wants, and it comes out of the dealership's pocket and not the taxpayers...

Users who are viewing this thread