Dang! I've gotten punched by Covid!

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
loss of taste and smell has to do with congestion / mucus all in your airway / passages….

this isnt some magical symptom that just popped up…. This has been standard since colds and / flus….

if you get sick / congested enough, your smell and taste get ****ed…

Then why are people having the symptom months out when it is their only symptom?

I think CoVid Derangement Syndrome is the new Trump Derangement Syndrome.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
loss of taste and smell has to do with congestion / mucus all in your airway / passages….

this isnt some magical symptom that just popped up…. This has been standard since colds and / flus….

That is usually true, but I know of at least two cases where a person has lost their sense of taste and smell for 2-3 months. THAT isn't normal IMO. Not for THAT long.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have wondered about the "loss of smell and taste" as a signature symptom. I have assumed that is contagious psychosomasis but your point makes sense, too. It is well documented that people will "have" a symptom if they think that they have a symptom.
my cousin only realized he had it because he fired up his boat that smokes like a chimney and realized he couldn't smell the smoke. He had it back like May or something like that, his sense of taste is still off.
Update: Congestion is about 80% gone. I'm feeling anxious to get out, but will stay isolated until at least tomorrow afternoon. At that point, we're out of here! LOL.
glad it seems it wasn't too bad on you all, hope you continue to feel better

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Then why are people having the symptom months out when it is their only symptom?

I think CoVid Derangement Syndrome is the new Trump Derangement Syndrome.

not sure what to tell you there… everyone loves to be a victim nowadays… perhaps some are just “milking it”… perhaps some arent…. Covid has been a ”strange“ disease… albeit, not as lethal as they want you to think…

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
not sure what to tell you there… everyone loves to be a victim nowadays… perhaps some are just “milking it”… perhaps some arent…. Covid has been a ”strange“ disease… albeit, not as lethal as they want you to think…

What’s funny.. 200k Americans go to the doctor every year due to smell/taste issues …

Now All of a sudden since 2020.. it’s synonymous with Covid ? Nahhhh

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
No two ways about it, I lost my sense of taste of smell.

It was from one hour to the next, gone. Nothing gradual at all.

I already had tested positive @4 days prior.

Realized I couldn’t taste my meal and was like wtf no way. Tried peanut butter, my favorite snack. Nothing. Vinegar. Nothing.

All I could tell was if something was salty or sour and a little bit sweet. But no flavor to any of it. Hard to explain

Bananas are ****ing horrible with no flavor. It’s like eating soft serve turds.

This is not the reduced smell/taste due to congestion, trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Psychosomatic does not mean fake. It means that there is no physiological explanation. I could be wrong that there is no physiological explanation as to why this occurs with this coronavirus but not with any of the many other coronavirus. It is strange to me given how prevalent it appears to be.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What’s funny.. 200k Americans go to the doctor every year due to smell/taste issues …

Now All of a sudden since 2020.. it’s synonymous with Covid ? Nahhhh

smell and taste issues for covid remind me of ptsd and the service…. Everyone has it… even if only support staff and having zero exposure to combatant engagement… lol

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
smell and taste issues for covid remind me of ptsd and the service…. Everyone has it… even if only support staff and having zero exposure to combatant engagement… lol

Here is an example of some of the quack "science" on the subject. A sample of 100 people in Iran = FACTS

LMFAO

FJohnny

Established Member
If you're in a crowded elevator and you sniff loudly and say, "Gawd...who farted?" you can be sure that 10 out of 10 will sniff check and 9 will be sure they smell it.

If you're in Iran 10 out of 10 will admit to having farted.

MG0h3

Established Member

Had Rona yet?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you're in a crowded elevator and you sniff loudly and say, "Gawd...who farted?" you can be sure that 10 out of 10 will sniff check and 9 will be sure they smell it.

If you're in Iran 10 out of 10 will admit to having farted.

I've always asked "Anyone else smell popcorn?"
Usually gets everyone to take a big whif.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Had Rona yet?

i would suspect so… lol. Have had the snivels about 3 times since 2020… have taken absolutely no extra care with anything… as if nothing has ever happened… still shake hands, interact with sick people, drink from used cups, shit in public toilets, etc.

MG0h3

Established Member
Psychosomatic does not mean fake. It means that there is no physiological explanation. I could be wrong that there is no physiological explanation as to why this occurs with this coronavirus but not with any of the many other coronavirus. It is strange to me given how prevalent it appears to be.

Edit: Thought I was replying to someone else

You can disagree or try and argue around it all you want.

I’ve had enough colds and flus to know the difference between reduced taste and smell and not having ANY. Also take note, this wasn’t gradual. Went from full taste and smell to nothing between meals. Lasted about a month.

As someone else stated, I’ve had a few coworkers have that be their only indicator that they caught it. No other symptoms whatsoever before or after loss of taste and smell. Never even had a light sniffle.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Update: Congestion is about 80% gone. I'm feeling anxious to get out, but will stay isolated until at least tomorrow afternoon. At that point, we're out of here! LOL.

So you feel better but will continue to trap yourself for 36 more hours ?

Uhhhhhh

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
You can disagree or try and argue around it all you want.

I’ve had enough colds and flus to know the difference between reduced taste and smell and not having ANY. Also take note, this wasn’t gradual. Went from full taste and smell to nothing between meals. Lasted about a month.

As someone else stated, I’ve had a few coworkers have that be their only indicator that they caught it. No other symptoms whatsoever before or after loss of taste and smell. Never even had a light sniffle.

I am not arguing with you. I did not say it does not exist.

"No physiological explanation" does not mean "does not exist."

Also this does not mean that there is not a physiological explanation but AFAIK we have not found it if there is one.

Are you familiar with phantom limb pain in amputees? Do you think that exists or does not exist? Just because we do not know why does not mean it is fake.

CLN 6R

Established Member

What’s odd is I first had symptoms Friday the 10th, headache and fatigue, same through Saturday, Sunday, and finally got tested Monday, boom Covid. I was ok and then the 14th and first part of the 15th my taste drastically dropped, it wasn’t gone but everything tasted bland. I ate a York peppermint patty and if you know, that peppermint hits you hard, I took a bite and it was strong for a second. Then all I tasted was chocolate. Coca Cola tasted really weak, I ate some skittles and same thing, sweet hit me for a second, then was just really weak.

I wasn’t hardly congested the whole time either, here and there but when I have allergies it’s a lot worse than this.

MG0h3

Established Member
I am not arguing with you. I did not say it does not exist.

"No physiological explanation" does not mean "does not exist."

Also this does not mean that there is not a physiological explanation but AFAIK we have not found it if there is one.

Are you familiar with phantom limb pain in amputees? Do you think that exists or does not exist? Just because we do not know why does not mean it is fake.

I am familiar with phantom limb pain. As far as whether I believe it exists or not, I don’t really have an opinion. Who am I to tell someone who has lost a limb what they feel? Since I have not experienced loss of a limb, I don’t think it’s fair for me to have much of an opinion on it honestly. How can it be disproved?

I suppose I could be nuts and the loss of taste and smell was purely physiological, but I don’t believe so.

I never believed I’d catch covid.

Never believed I’d actually be sick if I did.

Never thought I’d lose my sense of smell or taste, especially because I’d been full blown sick for about 5 days when it happened.

Referring back to my position on phantom limb pain, I don’t think anybody really has the grounds to say your loss of taste/smell was just congestion if they haven’t experienced it. It was like a light switch.

Users who are viewing this thread