Dang! I've gotten punched by Covid!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife and I both lost our taste and smell for a few days while we had the rona. Neither of us had any congestion with it at all

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
How long did it last relative to your other symptoms?
We both had symptoms for 7/8 days. Taste/smell were gone starting maybe day 2 or 3 and lasted 2-3 days. It wasn't a gradual loss, just all of a sudden both were gone. I could still differentiate between sweet/salty/spicy based on how foods felt on my tongue, if that makes sense, but there was zero flavor to be had. When my smell started to come back I had the weirdest smell in my nose for a day or so, it was unlike anything I've ever smelled before.

It was the weirdest feeling illness I've ever had, just all around strange from start to finish.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
not sure what to tell you there… everyone loves to be a victim nowadays… perhaps some are just “milking it”… perhaps some arent…. Covid has been a ”strange“ disease… albeit, not as lethal as they want you to think…
Just because you do not understand the human body and biology does not mean that people are milking it. And the symptoms have nothing to do with it not being as deadly as first thought or media making it out to be.

I think CoVid Derangement Syndrome is the new Trump Derangement Syndrome.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Just because you do not understand the human body and biology does not mean that people are milking it. And the symptoms have nothing to do with it not being as deadly as first thought or media making it out to be.

I think CoVid Derangement Syndrome is the new Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Huh?

okay… we will go with that…

Anosmia/Ageusia away, bro!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Last winter I completely lost my sense of taste and smell. I've never experienced that in my life. If anything, some stuff tasted a little "chemical" to me.

That was my only symptoms. It lasted for about 10 days. I never got tested. But had a antibody test done this summer and it was positive.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Funny you mentioned that some food tasted a little "chemical". My daughter made us some deviled eggs, which I absolutely LOVE! But they tasted strange, definitely chemical like. So my wife ate them. LOL.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
loss of taste and smell has to do with congestion / mucus all in your airway / passages….

this isnt some magical symptom that just popped up…. This has been standard since colds and / flus….

if you get sick / congested enough, your smell and taste get ****ed…
My wife wasn't congested and had a loss of taste and smell the first time, so not exactly true.

She gets allergies almost every year and gets pretty congested from time to time, never experienced anything like she did with the Rona.

Blown 89

Established Member
Well ****, I just tested positive for Covid. My timeline looked like this:

23rd: my 5 year old starts coughing at dinner
24th: 5 year old is sick and coughing on everyone but otherwise fine. That night he has a raging fever.
25th: 5 year old is good to go but I'm starting to feel sick.
26th: I'm down for the count. Low grade fever, ache, low energy. That night I pop 103.8 fever. Wake up a few hours later drenched in sweat to the point that it felt like I slept walked into the shower...my temperature read 95.6. At home covid test showed negative in the morning but I did a drive through lab test before bed just to make sure.
27th: mild cough, went to work and felt fine.
28th: I feel fine. Slight stuffy nose and a persistent cough. The lab results just came back positive at 5am.

So far it's been a mild cold and I haven't felt that bad. All of my employees are vaccinated so I'm going to work shortly. I'll stay away from everyone but they're welcome to go home if they want. Unfortunately business is too fragile right now not to be there. I expect my employees to bolt but operations are stopped if I'm not there so might as well go.

I'll tell my employees I've tested positive but that's it. The black mark of death society puts on you over this shit is ridiculous. As the only Republican in my family I hope I'm not the only one that got it and the fact that I even have to think that angers me.

We'll see how I feel in a few days but do far it hasn't been bad at all.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
“All of my employees are vaccinated”…

I dont think that means what you think it means… lol

on another note, drink some fluids and drive on!

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Glad to hear you are feeling better and that it wasn't to intense. I had it last December and it didn't hit me to bad either but I did lose taste and smell for a week with no congestion. You are right though with congestion it does affect your taste and smell.

VegasMichael

Established Member

24th: 5 year old is sick and coughing on everyone but otherwise fine. That night he has a raging fever.
26th: I'm down for the count. Low grade fever, ache, low energy. That night I pop 103.8 fever. Wake up a few hours later drenched in sweat to the point that it felt like I slept walked into the shower...my temperature read 95.6. At home covid test showed negative in the morning but I did a drive through lab test before bed just to make sure.
28th: I feel fine. Slight stuffy nose and a persistent cough. The lab results just came back positive at 5am.

So far it's been a mild cold and I haven't felt that bad. All of my employees are vaccinated so I'm going to work shortly. I'll stay away from everyone but they're welcome to go home if they want. Unfortunately business is too fragile right now not to be there. I expect my employees to bolt but operations are stopped if I'm not there so might as well go.

I'll tell my employees I've tested positive but that's it. The black mark of death society puts on you over this shit is ridiculous. As the only Republican in my family I hope I'm not the only one that got it and the fact that I even have to think that angers me.

103.8 is on the high side. Take care of yourself, man.
Not good that your temperature dropped to 95.6. Monitor yourself closely.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Ugh. Get well soon!

MG0h3

Established Member

Those are some abnormally large swings. The swing towards hypothermia makes me scratch my head. Is this one of those dermal deals? I’d try a sublingual one.

My fevers were very mild with Rona. Think I barely touched 101 for an hour.

My fevers were very transient. I don’t usually get fevers when I’ve been sick, so I don’t have a lot to gauge it on. I could feel the fever come on and it would last just a few hours and go away. This went on for about three days. Possible the cold meds/fever reducers we’re playing a part.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread