Dang! I've gotten punched by Covid!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, yesterday morning my wife said she had a sore, scratchy throat and felt a bit feverish. Monday afternoon I started feeling the same. Since we were supposed to be with family (our daughter and granddaughter who are all adults, one who is pregnant with a due late January) on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we decided to go to our primary doctor this morning for a Covid test. Either we had a slight throat virus OR we had Covid. He fortunately could do a rapid test (5 minutes) and the test confirmed that unfortunately that we both have Covid. The sucks! We're happy that we did find out so that we wouldn't unknowingly spread it to our pregnant granddaughter and anyone else. But we love celebrating Christmas with family and this is the very first Christmas that we won't able to do that.

We have to quarantine until next Wednesday, December 29th. We're also on vacation this week and next week, but we can't now go anyway. We had wanted to spend a couple of days in Kennebunkport, Maine at some point. Could be worse, of course. So we'll celebrate together and re-connect with family maybe New Year's Eve, or on my birthday next Thursday.

We all need to count and remember our blessings sometimes, especially when life takes a slight left turn. This could have been a lot worse. We're both vaccinated and that is why our symptoms are on the mild side. This was confirmed by our doctor. We know another couple who had Covid 2 weeks ago. He was so bad that he needed an inhaler to help him breath. If was to a lesser degree pretty bad for his wife.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Glad you aren't feeling too bad, you probably have Omicron I would imagine. Delta was a different story for a lot of people, all of my friends/family who got it regardless of vax status didn't have an easy time.

Get well soon!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
sorry to hear it Bob but glad you all got checked out before hand. Most people I know got it at family gatherings.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear this Bob.
I hope you both feel better real soon!

boost88

Established Member
Hope you get better soon Bob! Just tested positive today to so second year in a row for us with no Christmas. Better safe than spreading it to others. Luckily my wife and kid are both negative right now. They'll still drive me nuts over the next 10 days though

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Adower

Established Member
Well, yesterday morning my wife said she had a sore, scratchy throat and felt a bit feverish. Monday afternoon I started feeling the same. Since we were supposed to be with family (our daughter and granddaughter who are all adults, one who is pregnant with a due late January) on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we decided to go to our primary doctor this morning for a Covid test. Either we had a slight throat virus OR we had Covid. He fortunately could do a rapid test (5 minutes) and the test confirmed that unfortunately that we both have Covid. The sucks! We're happy that we did find out so that we wouldn't unknowingly spread it to our pregnant granddaughter and anyone else. But we love celebrating Christmas with family and this is the very first Christmas that we won't able to do that.

We have to quarantine until next Wednesday, December 29th. We're also on vacation this week and next week, but we can't now go anyway. We had wanted to spend a couple of days in Kennebunkport, Maine at some point. Could be worse, of course. So we'll celebrate together and re-connect with family maybe New Year's Eve, or on my birthday next Thursday.

We all need to count and remember our blessings sometimes, especially when life takes a slight left turn. This could have been a lot worse. We're both vaccinated and that is why our symptoms are on the mild side. This was confirmed by our doctor. We know another couple who had Covid 2 weeks ago. He was so bad that he needed an inhaler to help him breath. If was to a lesser degree pretty bad for his wife.
Sorry to hear! Hopefully it comes and goes swiftly.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Hope you you both feel better soon. Good luck and make sure to keep you SVTP family updated.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
Call America's Frontline Doctors, tell them you have the commie cough and ask for a prescription of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. I know a few people who have gotten COVID and everyone has beaten it with OTCs and Z-packs. Sorry that you are missing out on Christmas with your family, that sucks.

quad

Established Member
Wow, sorry to hear that Bob! Best of luck with your recovery. Load up on Vitamin C & D and Zinc per recommended dosages. Ivermectin as suggested above also sounds like it would work. Don't know from personal experience but many people including Joe Rogan said it helped them. The Covid Kits that were circulated in parts of India included Ivermectin, Vitamin C & D and Zinc I believe.

Fortunately we have not gotten it yet knock on wood. I am careful not to touch my face until hands have been washed. And I work from home so don't go out and mingle with a lot of people often. Also visit the gym at off peak hours - that's the critical one I think.

scott_0

Established Member
my sister just got discharged from the hospital and rehab last Thursday, she was in the hospital for 104 total days after covid nearly killed her! shit is no joke, we really thought we were going to lose her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
my sister was just got discharged from the hospital and rehab last Thursday, she was in the hospital for 104 totals after covid nearly killed her! shit is no joke, we really thought we were going to lose her

Shit is crazy. My 75 yo not very healthy parents just got over it. 1 day sick. Antibodies on day 2 and bam it’s over.

1slo5ohh

Established Member
Just had it, being bored for 10 days was worse than the sickness. Only felt like shit for a day and a half or so.

quad

Established Member
my sister was just got discharged from the hospital and rehab last Thursday, she was in the hospital for 104 totals after covid nearly killed her! shit is no joke, we really thought we were going to lose her

Wow. Maybe I should take it more serious then. I just posted in another thread wondering if it is even real. I had the flu in 2018 and it really sucked and I felt close to death back then and lost 15 pounds. Gained it back quick though after recovery.

Glad to hear your sister is doing better. What does "104 totals mean"? Days?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Say it ain't so Bob. Hopefully the symptoms stay mild.
Keep us updated on you and the better half ;)
Kennebunk is nice, that would have been quiet this time of year.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks guys. We're just taking it easy. Catching up on Impracticable Jokers. LOL.

@quad, we're definitely loading up on zinc, vitamins C & D. First place we stopped at from the doctor's office was Rite Aid. And we're definitely sticking to the recommended dosages.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hope you you both feel better soon. Good luck and make sure to keep you SVTP family updated.
I'll be back here tomorrow morning with an update. I'm actually feeling better tonight. My wife is about the same.

Kick it in the plums Bob.
Already doing that, Sid. Covid be like.....
56226513.jpg

scott_0

Established Member
Wow. Maybe I should take it more serious then. I just posted in another thread wondering if it is even real. I had the flu in 2018 and it really sucked and I felt close to death back then and lost 15 pounds. Gained it back quick though after recovery.

Glad to hear your sister is doing better. What does "104 totals mean"? Days?

yes sorry, 104 days total in the hospital, including just under two weeks in rehab

Users who are viewing this thread