Dang! I've gotten punched by Covid!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I had COVID twice, yes, it is very possible. Didnt get it strong either time, cant say the same thing for my wife. My 3 month old son got it as well and it wasnt a nice thing.

Hope you get a speedy recover Bob with no after effects.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Get well, big guy. Focus on getting back to the range and practicing with some new gear!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had COVID twice, yes, it is very possible. Didnt get it strong either time, cant say the same thing for my wife. My 3 month old son got it as well and it wasnt a nice thing.

Hope you get a speedy recover Bob with no after effects.
Thanks!!

I've never heard of a 3 month old having Covid. I'm sure it happens. Just don't recall reading or hearing any reports. How bad was he as far as symptoms? Some people have relatively mild symptoms while others have harsh and difficult symptoms. I wish nobody had to go through it at any level.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Thanks!!

I've never heard of a 3 month old having Covid. I'm sure it happens. Just don't recall reading or hearing any reports. How bad was he as far as symptoms? Some people have relatively mild symptoms while others have harsh and difficult symptoms. I wish nobody had to go through it at any level.
Fever, cough, unusual crying throughout the whole day and night. Picking him up to comfort him or breastfeeding would result in screaming bursts. I cant imagine how he was feeling. Couldnt give him any type of medicine either as he was a newborn.

Spent a whole day at the ER parking lot, they had to monitor his temp, DR's couldnt really do much either as it was all new. We had it in July last year just when COVID was surging and still in disbelief in a lot of places. Just sucked since nurses were scared of even touching him and given that my wife also had COVID, they literally had to move patients out of an area before they were available to go in the building. Was not a good week at all.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Be glad it’s not as severe. On day 21 of it and now dealing with the after effects. Still no taste and smell, extreme fatigue unlike I’ve ever felt, and my favorite one ……. Memory fog/losing my train of thought.
Good times!

Vax'd or no?

@CobraBob , hang in there buddy... im sure you'll beat the snot out of it.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Hope you get to feeling better soon. I was diagnosed the week before Thanksgiving with it. Don't know what variant I had or what variant they're on now. My Dr said day 5-7 is when it will get bad if it does, and it did. It was like a bad flu I guess. After that passed I slept 12-14 hours a day. Still can't smell or taste and that's honestly been the worse part.

Take care of yourself sir.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks. Ours could be the omicron variant because our taste and smell haven't been affected. Not sure.

Blackedout

Established Member
It’s crazy how it affects everyone differently... Hope you and the wife have a speedy recovery !!

CLN 6R

Established Member
Thanks. Ours could be the omicron variant because our taste and smell haven't been affected. Not sure.
I never fully lost my smell or taste, but day 2 (after testing positive) food and drink tasted bland. I ate some skittles and I got an immediate sweet hit, then it didn’t taste like much at all. Was really weird. Thankfully that only lasted about a day or two, and I’m already back to what I would say is normal.

As far as smell, I just kept smelling what I would call, dirty socks. It was weird.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fever, cough, unusual crying throughout the whole day and night. Picking him up to comfort him or breastfeeding would result in screaming bursts. I cant imagine how he was feeling. Couldnt give him any type of medicine either as he was a newborn.

Spent a whole day at the ER parking lot, they had to monitor his temp, DR's couldnt really do much either as it was all new. We had it in July last year just when COVID was surging and still in disbelief in a lot of places. Just sucked since nurses were scared of even touching him and given that my wife also had COVID, they literally had to move patients out of an area before they were available to go in the building. Was not a good week at all.
Poor little guy. It's more difficult watching an infant suffer something like that than going through it yourself.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Get well Bob.
Recommend Peaky Blinders binge session.
-J
Gonna watch Matrix Resurrections today. Was going to watch it last night but instead binged on Impractical Jokers (seasons 1 & 2). Laughter is good medicine.

Not much change in symptoms from yesterday. Sore throat sleeping, but this morning it feels better. About what it was through the day yesterday. Minimal coughing today. Still no fever. Still stuffy and congested.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Peaky Blinders is a must...

Bob I'm sorry to see/hear this! I hope you guys knock it out soon! My wife and I both had it last November.

Users who are viewing this thread