custom made shaved mustang cobra bumpers?

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
for reference, the 03/04 Cobra bumper was intended for the 01 Bullitt, bean counters axed it before the Bullitt went into production, here is a pic of the concept with an 03/04 style rear with "mustang" in it, I think there is a calling for this!

If you make a general "mustang" one and not go ape shit with "bullitt" "mach1" "terminator" this will be a big hit!

104202000-Bullitt-Mustang-GT-Concept-Rearview-1280x960.jpg

Last edited:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
I would do a defuser gas tank cover if it was under $400 like the ones I have found

Hell, I think the stocker looks great??

I love the ability to install chrome/SS inserts, refer to below picture :)

Amazingpics003-1.jpg

(not my picture, but it is my car :rolling:)
same here !!!! :-D

for reference, the 03/04 Cobra bumper was intended for the 01 Bullitt, bean counters axed it before the Bullitt went into production, here is a pic of the concept with an 03/04 style rear with "mustang" in it, I think there is a calling for this!

If you make a general "mustang" one and not go ape shit with "bullitt" "mach1" "terminator" this will be a big hit!

104202000-Bullitt-Mustang-GT-Concept-Rearview-1280x960.jpg

thats what i wanted to do when i had my 03 AZURE BLUE mach 1 but couldnt find anybody or "bodyshop" that wanted to do it :(

quick88lx

Established Member
from massachusettes/ staioned in louisiana
Racebronco2 fabbed up a rear diffuser for his 03 for track use:
image051mediumzp7.jpg

I think it can be done while looking clean, similar to the GT500:
FordShelbyGT500_28.jpg

APR:
67007159_2-APR-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Diffuser-Ford-Mustang-GT-S197-2005-2009-El-Monte.jpg

Steve's Corvette guy looks like he can do some sex work on hoods. How about a hood that COOLS THEM COBRAS? :rockon:

i really like the idea of this looks great in my opinion i may be hitting up racebronco for the one he made and im totaly on board for a taller factory style hood C/F or not tho C/F would look great

bwahl602

Established Member
bump

Steve, if you get this going im definately in for a bumper. I want a rear cobra bumper with mustang letters.. (thought: they need to be the same as the gt as far as size etc, that way guys can get the stickers for them)

ill send the cash now if needed

Quik Z06

Established Member
Hey guy's. As of right now there is nothing new to report, if we even do this at all. I mean I could probably do it on my own if Steve doesn't want to. Reason I asked Steve was he is already a vendor on here so he could post stuff up etc. If need be I can get it started then become a vendor on here. I would just be doing body parts like I do with my Vette stuff. Anyway i'll get back to Steve and we'll see where were at, I know both of us have been extremely busy with our own businesses.

vertigyn

Established Member
Ended up shaving a Cobra bumper...

2hmd91s.jpg

217.jpg

Sorry about the small pics...good painter/body man does not mean he's good with camera's =) When I am back in town and can get the car I'll get some better pics and with it on the car.

slvr35th

Established Member
Ended up shaving a Cobra bumper...

2hmd91s.jpg

217.jpg

Sorry about the small pics...good painter/body man does not mean he's good with camera's =) When I am back in town and can get the car I'll get some better pics and with it on the car.

exactly what i wanna do to my mach thats the same color!!

bwahl602

Established Member
Quik Z06,

I personally can vouch for a bumper. But I was hoping to buy one in the near future

Overall, almost everyone agrees that the 03/04 cobra bumper is better looking than the GT. Its the cobra letters that hold them back. Some dont like price or the shaved look of the current aftermarket options from ABC exclusive

A cobra rear bumper with MUSTANG on it would be a big seller.. Guaranteed.. I can start a poll for you if you want, but Im pretty positive it would be a hit. Price has to be right (because paint isnt cheap) but I think people would jump on it

Additionally, the 03/04 cobra spoiler is a highly sought after piece. If you made an identical piece to the ford unit with the third brake light it would sell like crazy. That little piece of plastic goes for over $300 used right now. However, most refuse to serperate it from the decklid so they wind up at $450.. People line up to pay for them. Im willing to dish out 3-400 for one right now, just cant find the right one close enough to me.

Make an 03/04 spoiler to test the market if youd like. Ill take one of those as well. Should be an easy piece to make (much smaller). Only problem is without the decklid, youve gotta fill the holes in the trunk (not the end of the world, there is a cheap option).

Bill

SVT GT

Established Member
I have a shaved bumper but I would def be up for one that says MUSTANG. Maybe the "MUSTANG" lettering should be a little bigger? :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Quik Z06,

I personally can vouch for a bumper. But I was hoping to buy one in the near future

Overall, almost everyone agrees that the 03/04 cobra bumper is better looking than the GT. Its the cobra letters that hold them back. Some dont like price or the shaved look of the current aftermarket options from ABC exclusive

A cobra rear bumper with MUSTANG on it would be a big seller.. Guaranteed.. I can start a poll for you if you want, but Im pretty positive it would be a hit. Price has to be right (because paint isnt cheap) but I think people would jump on it

Additionally, the 03/04 cobra spoiler is a highly sought after piece. If you made an identical piece to the ford unit with the third brake light it would sell like crazy. That little piece of plastic goes for over $300 used right now. However, most refuse to serperate it from the decklid so they wind up at $450.. People line up to pay for them. Im willing to dish out 3-400 for one right now, just cant find the right one close enough to me.

Make an 03/04 spoiler to test the market if youd like. Ill take one of those as well. Should be an easy piece to make (much smaller). Only problem is without the decklid, youve gotta fill the holes in the trunk (not the end of the world, there is a cheap option).

Bill

I can well imagine a 2003-2004 style bumper with the MUSTANG letters being a hit if the price were right, as well as a 2003-2004 style rear spoiler. Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread