custom made shaved mustang cobra bumpers?

SCMOKN

Established Member
IMAG0124.jpg

I like!

Dmustang02

Established Member
I'm so in for this, idk who's in charge of making the decision but if you don't do a massive order how much would one be?

Jaa1456

Established Member
I would be in for the Mustang bumper as well, the guys who want it shaved could buy these as a cheaper alternative and have them shaved, I would be in for the 3rd brake light as well as I need one for my Spoiler.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
a6cd0bec-153c-b4fe.jpg

a6cd0bec-1555-d477.jpg

a6cd0bec-156b-9535.jpg

Body shop has been lagging on mine! Just needs one more smooth over and some paint! :thumbsup:

black 10th vert

Established Member
For the guys requesting the "Mustang" letters in the Cobra bumper, I seriously doubt that anyone will make that for resale because of copyright infringement issues with Ford. They are very aggressive with vendors that don't have a licensing agreement to produce stuff like that. Doing a shaved Cobra style bumper should be no problem, though.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
For the guys requesting the "Mustang" letters in the Cobra bumper, I seriously doubt that anyone will make that for resale because of copyright infringement issues with Ford. They are very aggressive with vendors that don't have a licensing agreement to produce stuff like that. Doing a shaved Cobra style bumper should be no problem, though.

I agree man. Why would Ford not attack someone undercutting them in price when they think they could make something similar that you'll buy for 900 dollars?

black 10th vert

Established Member
I agree man. Why would Ford not attack someone undercutting them in price when they think they could make something similar that you'll buy for 900 dollars?

Well, in Ford's case it isn't even always about them wanting to sell the product, they just don't like others profiting from their trademarked names. They even forced that T-shirt company that we all loved to close (they were called Kocky, or something like that). All they did was make shirts with sayings, and had pics of the Terminator, and Lightning. Apparently that is all they need to be able to sue for infringement, which really sucks for enthusiasts who just want a cool shirt with their car on it.:rollseyes I would think that in the case of a bumper with the actual "Mustang" name on it, that would be even worse.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Thanks guys!

I've heard the copyright issue many times...probably why a Mustang bumper will never happen.

Absolutely! In your case, though, the bumper looks gorgeous as it is, and I would never want any lettering on it, because it looks so much more custom the way it is.:beer: Honestly if the original Cobra rear bumpers were as easy/cheap to get as the front ones, I would just buy another to shave since I like that look so much.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Well, in Ford's case it isn't even always about them wanting to sell the product, they just don't like others profiting from their trademarked names. They even forced that T-shirt company that we all loved to close (they were called Kocky, or something like that). All they did was make shirts with sayings, and had pics of the Terminator, and Lightning. Apparently that is all they need to be able to sue for infringement, which really sucks for enthusiasts who just want a cool shirt with their car on it.:rollseyes I would think that in the case of a bumper with the actual "Mustang" name on it, that would be even worse.

They were making money using Ford's products without paying for it. :poke:

black 10th vert

Established Member
They were making money using Ford's products without paying for it. :poke:

Well, I guess that is the premise of their lawsuit, but how stupid is it to put a company of Ford enthusiasts out of business for helping to advertise their product for free!?:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread