custom made shaved mustang cobra bumpers?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ive been working with quikz06 on making some custom splitters for the svt contours. he specializes in corvette body parts.

yesterday, we were discussing possibly making stuff for the mustangs/lightnings. hoods, bumpers, wings, etc...

after reading bullitbuild's thread about how he plans to add a terminator bumper and have the cobra shaved smooth, i thought, WE could MAKE these bumpers without the cobra lettering! so people wouldnt have to have them shaved and can run them on their GT, Bullit, V6 etc...

plus, people wouldnt have to try to source cobra bumpers from wrecked cars.

what do you guys think? obviously pretty much ALL of you already have cobra bumpers and dont need these but your friends might.

what does a rear bumper from a parted out terminator typically fetch? i need to see if we can even make them for a decent price.

also, anyone know what a shop usually charges for shaving the letters? this would help determine if making/selling an aftermarket product like this would be worth it to people.

discuss :beer:

03cobrah

Established Member
i have a front bumper that is not oem but from pershings auto on ebay that has never been used it still has the shipping wrap. i'll sell it to you guys for cheap (you pay shipping) if your going to do anything with the front bumper. just a thought

Teej281

Established Member
That ABC Exclusive bumper looks like crap, even from that crappy picture. OEM Ford bumpers are $700 from ford, and if you make one of the quality of ford for say $400, even without "COBRA" in the bumper, you'd probably make out pretty good. Even if you could do it and have it say "MUSTANG" like the GT and v6 bumpers do that would be awesome! I mean I know if it comes from TF its going to be quality. If youre serious about doing this, post it on the other forums that arent SVT specific. I'm going to make a thread and link to this one on MustangForums.com because I know a bunch of guys might get in on this from there.

Predatorbird

Established Member
I think a shaved 03/04 bumper looks too plain. If you could have them say "Mustang" in the exact size letter as the other bumper it look good.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I really want one as mentioned with "mustang" on it. I would put one on my gt. Count me in on one if this is made possible

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
That ABC Exclusive bumper looks like crap, even from that crappy picture. OEM Ford bumpers are $700 from ford, and if you make one of the quality of ford for say $400, even without "COBRA" in the bumper, you'd probably make out pretty good. Even if you could do it and have it say "MUSTANG" like the GT and v6 bumpers do that would be awesome! I mean I know if it comes from TF its going to be quality. If youre serious about doing this, post it on the other forums that arent SVT specific. I'm going to make a thread and link to this one on MustangForums.com because I know a bunch of guys might get in on this from there.

really? why's that. doesnt look that bad to me. well that kind of kills it since someone else is already making them, and for cheap. cheaper than i could im sure. but, if people would want it to say "mustang" on them, then would give us an edge. id just have to check into the legalities of putting that on the bumper. dont need fords goons comin after me! :uh oh:

~crash

Established Member
Would there be anyway to get it to say BULLITT on the back? I think if you guys can personalize some that would be sick.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Would there be anyway to get it to say BULLITT on the back? I think if you guys can personalize some that would be sick.

ahh, not really unless we make them blank and you guys just use stickers lol. a mold has to be made for each type, and theyre not cheap. maybe, maaaybe if we were to make "mustang" ones and people really liked how they came out, and then enough bullitt people could be rallied, a bullitt one could be made..

Teej281

Established Member
really? why's that. doesnt look that bad to me. well that kind of kills it since someone else is already making them, and for cheap. cheaper than i could im sure. but, if people would want it to say "mustang" on them, then would give us an edge. id just have to check into the legalities of putting that on the bumper. dont need fords goons comin after me! :uh oh:

I think it would have helped if they would have painted the bumper but it was raw in the photo it looks like. But you really would have the edge using "MUSTANG" in the bumper instead of "COBRA" just because its one body part we'd all love to put on our GT's but would get harassed for "fobra'ing" our GT's and some consider it in the realms of fake badging. Here is the thread that I started over on MF with a link to this thread so you can watch whats going on over there as well...

Check this out - MustangForums.com
:beer:

~crash

Established Member
ahh, not really unless we make them blank and you guys just use stickers lol. a mold has to be made for each type, and theyre not cheap. maybe, maaaybe if we were to make "mustang" ones and people really liked how they came out, and then enough bullitt people could be rallied, a bullitt one could be made..

Ill run it by the brotherhood of the Bullitts! lols

Tractionless1

Established Member
Steve,

Does your guy have the means of making a mold for a splitter style fuel tank cover? Those would sell like hot cakes being all the '94-'04 V6, GT's, Cobra's etc. all have the same unit.

Users who are viewing this thread