Current New Vehicle Market

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I really want a new truck…..

But my god. Knowing the average payment is $1000

There’s just no way I can validate it

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really want a new truck…..

But my god. Knowing the average payment is $1000

There’s just no way I can validate it

... Jared.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Lol

The average payment doesn't dictate anything about a purchase you would make. I sell trucks every day and people payments are between $500 and $1500. Weak ass excuse. Lol

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
... Jared.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Lol

The average payment doesn't dictate anything about a purchase you would make. I sell trucks every day and people payments are between $500 and $1500. Weak ass excuse. Lol

Given the prices of new trucks. And me not putting a huge down payment on one …..

High payment… no?

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Eh, if we install a pop up bathroom in the bed, you can finance for 20 years like a boat/RV.

Just depends. Half ton? Super Duty?

Well next year the kid turns 15. And I’ve been “ told “ he can get my 07 Silverado. Sooooo next year I have to get myself something else.

I don’t tow anything ever.

Dude, just write a check like all of us do.

I can write one…. The whole it clearing part… ehhhhhh

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You don't make money as a manufacturer on a $20k new vehicle, period.

But it provides an entry level vehicle that you can help a young person get into and hope they stay brand loyal. Without that, they're hoping we get a chance on the 2nd purchase.

The Mav is showing that there's demand for cheap reliable transportation from the domestics. The features and styling just have to be more attractive than a 1990s refrigerator.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Dark Horse now at MSRP to $15,000 ADM localish, plenty available.
saw one on the road today, i love the vapor blue color, but something about the car needs modified and i cannot put my finger on it. stock form is a naw. and maybe it just needed lowered, but something about it does not scream upper tier mustang.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
saw one on the road today, i love the vapor blue color, but something about the car needs modified and i cannot put my finger on it. stock form is a naw. and maybe it just needed lowered, but something about it does not scream upper tier mustang.

I don't care for the added black plastic on the front bumper. Rest of the car is fine.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't care for the added black plastic on the front bumper. Rest of the car is fine.
And that for sure is a strange addition. I think I could tint the windows on a Mach 1 and go, but this one needs more imo

VegasMichael

Established Member
@13COBRA or anyone else with knowledge about this.

I bought my 2014 Explorer new off the lot. Never did any modifications to it at all. Anyway, I'd been having problems with a 'driver door ajar' warning for a few weeks that finally went away. Then, the other day, I couldn't get my key fobs to unlock the car so I entered with the key which set off the alarm. I couldn't get the alarm to turn off so I disconnected the battery.

I changed the batteries in the key fobs but that did nothing, and the alarm continued to go off every time I entered the car. I tried some key fob reset ideas I saw on the internet but nothing worked. I think it might be the door lock actuator but I wasn't sure so I drove to the Ford dealership down the street yesterday with the alarm going off the whole way. Thankfully, the dealership is just a short drive since I got a lot of wtf looks from drivers and pedestrians.

A few hours later the service tech calls and say my alarm is after market. I said I bought the car new and never touched it. He said dealerships sometimes install alarms after market so as they can program all the cars on the lot to respond to just one code, and as a way to charge the consumer more.

I said okay, whatever, I don't care about having the alarm fixed I just want it taken out or disabled and for the door locks to work. He said that in order to diagnose the door lock issue he would have to remove the alarm and bring the vehicle back to factory settings. He said that was a FOMO requirement. I said fine.

Anyhow, I was wondering about dealerships installing after market alarms on new vehicles and how prevalent this is and if @13COBRA does this at his dealership.

Just hope I'm not getting ripped off. Here's a picture of the alarm he sent me:
1697631432400.jpeg

1697631451837.jpeg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA or anyone else with knowledge about this.

I bought my 2014 Explorer new off the lot. Never did any modifications to it at all. Anyway, I'd been having problems with a 'driver door ajar' warning for a few weeks that finally went away. Then, the other day, I couldn't get my key fobs to unlock the car so I entered with the key which set off the alarm. I couldn't get the alarm to turn off so I disconnected the battery.

I changed the batteries in the key fobs but that did nothing, and the alarm continued to go off every time I entered the car. I tried some key fob reset ideas I saw on the internet but nothing worked. I think it might be the door lock actuator but I wasn't sure so I drove to the Ford dealership down the street yesterday with the alarm going off the whole way. Thankfully, the dealership is just a short drive since I got a lot of wtf looks from drivers and pedestrians.

A few hours later the service tech calls and say my alarm is after market. I said I bought the car new and never touched it. He said dealerships sometimes install alarms after market so as they can program all the cars on the lot to respond to just one code, and as a way to charge the consumer more.

I said okay, whatever, I don't care about having the alarm fixed I just want it taken out or disabled and for the door locks to work. He said that in order to diagnose the door lock issue he would have to remove the alarm and bring the vehicle back to factory settings. He said that was a FOMO requirement. I said fine.

Anyhow, I was wondering about dealerships installing after market alarms on new vehicles and how prevalent this is and if @13COBRA does this at his dealership.

Just hope I'm not getting ripped off. Here's a picture of the alarm he sent me:
View attachment 1813549
View attachment 1813550

I've never heard of that.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
@VegasMichael, these dealer installed alarms are very common today, espcially post china virus. They are another dealer scam to make money. They are used as inventory control on the lot and some have a shock sensor that supposedly upgrades your factory alarm. They probably cost $30 and 15 minutes for a pro to install them. The dealer will then upcharge to sell them for several hundred dollars. They can be disabled too if the customer doesn't want it; however, it is still hacked into your factory harness. And as you experienced, eventually this will lead to nothing but headaches. Here in LA, a large number of dealers install Karr brand alarms...whether you want them or not (do a search on this). The best thing to do is get it professionally removed. Many people have these aftermarket alarms installed and aren't even aware of them. And it blows my mind that a dealer would hack into a factory harness today with cheap aftermarket equipment, the problems likely won't surface until the warranty is long gone (if you did this, your warranty would be null and void). Get it removed asap.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@VegasMichael, these dealer installed alarms are very common today, espcially post china virus. They are another dealer scam to make money. They are used as inventory control on the lot and some have a shock sensor that supposedly upgrades your factory alarm. They probably cost $30 and 15 minutes for a pro to install them. The dealer will then upcharge to sell them for several hundred dollars. They can be disabled too if the customer doesn't want it; however, it is still hacked into your factory harness. And as you experienced, eventually this will lead to nothing but headaches. Here in LA, a large number of dealers install Karr brand alarms...whether you want them or not (do a search on this). The best thing to do is get it professionally removed. Many people have these aftermarket alarms installed and aren't even aware of them. And it blows my mind that a dealer would hack into a factory harness today with cheap aftermarket equipment, the problems likely won't surface until the warranty is long gone (if you did this, your warranty would be null and void). Get it removed asap.
Wow, that sucks! It would be interesting to know what percentage of dealerships do this. We could be talking a very small percentage.....or the opposite. Ford obviously knows it's going on. Are they powerless to pressure dealerships to stop the practice? Assuming it's a higher percentage of dealerships than most believe. I've personally never encountered this on ANY vehicle I've owned over, say, the past 25 years. Anyone know when this dealership practice started?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
But just like everything, thats part of the dealer add on's and they specifically make you sign a form regarding the 3rd party alarm when you're signing the documents. People just overlook at it since the finance guy doesnt tell you what it is, just tells you sign and date lol

Seen it on Kia's, relative bought two of em and both had it part of their contract.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Man, I had no idea about this practice. I spoke to the service guy three times on the phone yesterday and he was going to remove it this morning and then call back about how that had any effect on the door locks. He also updated the current cost and after they remove it the bill will be $568 before they do anything else. They open at 7 and it's now 11 and I still haven't heard from him.
Wow, that sucks! It would be interesting to know what percentage of dealerships do this. We could be talking a very small percentage.....or the opposite. Ford obviously knows it's going on. Are they powerless to pressure dealerships to stop the practice? Assuming it's a higher percentage of dealerships than most believe. I've personally never encountered this on ANY vehicle I've owned over, say, the past 25 years. Anyone know when this dealership practice started?
I'd like to know as well about when it started.
But just like everything, thats part of the dealer add on's and they specifically make you sign a form regarding the 3rd party alarm when you're signing the documents. People just overlook at it since the finance guy doesnt tell you what it is, just tells you sign and date lol

Seen it on Kia's, relative bought two of em and both had it part of their contract.
I probably saw it was a dealer add on and just figured okay so the vehicle has an alarm. Cool. I never thought to investigate whether the vehicle already had a factory installed alarm. Sounds like the old rust coating scam.

Users who are viewing this thread