Current New Vehicle Market

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Keep in mind, these are dealers selling to other dealers...then there will be markups to consumers. It's unreal.

1639580108557.png

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Does that mean if I go buy a new Ford truck from any dealer, I’m instantly going to have to pay more than msrp sticker price?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I stopped in at a local Ford dealership yesterday and the new car lot was basically empty. Of what little was there about 50% was already sold or had deposits. Looks like retail orders are here to stay.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does that mean if I go buy a new Ford truck from any dealer, I’m instantly going to have to pay more than msrp sticker price?

Not necessarily, but wouldn't surprise me. Dealers are paying up to $25,000 over for loaded F-450s right now.

It is crazy. So getting at msrp is the new deal?

Currently, yes. It's nuts. I could literally pick up the phone and sell all of my new inventory at over MSRP prices to other dealers. I sold a Mustang (I don't like to carry Mustangs December-March) for $1,000 and sold three Rangers for $4500 over MSRP (each).

so what do you think the bronco will end up at 'over MSRP' to customer?

Wild times

They'll ask $40-50,000 over.

I stopped in at a local Ford dealership yesterday and the new car lot was basically empty. Of what little was there about 50% was already sold or had deposits. Looks like retail orders are here to stay.

Yep. It is here to stay, not going anywhere any time soon. I like it.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Not necessarily, but wouldn't surprise me. Dealers are paying up to $25,000 over for loaded F-450s right now.

Currently, yes. It's nuts. I could literally pick up the phone and sell all of my new inventory at over MSRP prices to other dealers. I sold a Mustang (I don't like to carry Mustangs December-March) for $1,000 and sold three Rangers for $4500 over MSRP (each).

They'll ask $40-50,000 over.

Yep. It is here to stay, not going anywhere any time soon. I like it.
Do you still have people coming in trying to beat you down to under msrp?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, I try. But seriously, what type of person needs a Mustang GT, I mean Mach 1 so badly they are going to pay you more than sticker? I cant imagine paying full price for a Mustang GT, I mean Mach 1 in the first place.
A story while shopping 3 row SUV’s. Wife wanted to look at a Hyundai Palisade. None on the lot. Used one with 19k just came in that morning with fry crumbs in the cup holder and all. I told my wife to listen to this: asked they guy how much more this was than a new one. Wife looks at me like I am stupid. Guy says $4k.

Wife gets out at the end of the ride says f-it, let’s go put money down on that expensive ass Volvo. Lol.

Crazy things people are doing out there…

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
A story while shopping 3 row SUV’s. Wife wanted to look at a Hyundai Palisade. None on the lot. Used one with 19k just came in that morning with fry crumbs in the cup holder and all. I told my wife to listen to this: asked they guy how much more this was than a new one. Wife looks at me like I am stupid. Guy says $4k.

Wife gets out at the end of the ride says f-it, let’s go put money down on that expensive ass Volvo. Lol.

Crazy things people are doing out there…
Its almost like people have lost all common sense. I guess if you can convince people to wear a dirty t shirt on their face to protect them against the boogey man you can get them to pay just about anything for a new car, especially if you say no money down and $500 a month for ever.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks, I try. But seriously, what type of person needs a Mustang GT, I mean Mach 1 so badly they are going to pay you more than sticker? I cant imagine paying full price for a Mustang GT, I mean Mach 1 in the first place.

Mach E, not Mach 1. Although the Mach 1s are bringing the wood right now too.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Mach E, not Mach 1. Although the Mach 1s are bringing the wood right now too.

Not to totally thread-jack, but is there any special training and investment that had to take place toward your service department with the introduction of a fully electric vehicle in the line-up?

Maybe I’m wrong, but I was thinking Ford only had hybrids up to this point.

Zemedici

Established Member
Its almost like people have lost all common sense. I guess if you can convince people to wear a dirty t shirt on their face to protect them against the boogey man you can get them to pay just about anything for a new car, especially if you say no money down and $500 a month for ever.

ass for every seat, my friend.

Dealers are charging these prices because people are paying them, supply / demand.

If they werent selling they wouldnt be asking these prices lolol

Users who are viewing this thread