Coyote 5.0L swap in a Ford GT....Huh?!?!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
maybe he blew up the 5.4, and wants to race it in a class that doesnt sanction boost?

hes a ford engineer, which makes me as a coyote owner kinda giddy. its interesting to say the least.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Some wrong info about the sc5.4 in the ford GT in this thread. Yes it had 12pounds of boost from the factory, but the factory 550 crank hp rating wasn't even close. I remember numerous stock GT's dyno close to 540hp AT THE WHEELS. This car is in fact a 600hp car out of the box.

I'm sure a couple of ford gt owners on this site can back that up.

well what do you expect when its a car most can never own, there lack of knowledge on the car seems to also be much less.

CPRsm

We beg to differ! There is not a single Ford Gt twin turbo that can outrun the MMR Twin turbo Coyote in the 1/4 mile. The MMR coyote made 2081HP on the dyno and ran a 7.02 @ 202 MPH

MMR%20coyote%202.jpg

Didn't the 5.4 go faster in the same car than the coyote? I thought it toiched the 6's?

BMR Tech

Didn't the 5.4 go faster in the same car than the coyote? I thought it toiched the 6's?

They have gone 6.0's with a 5.4 based engine, and it made much more than 2080 HP.

MMR, I am pretty sure that you guys know that compression for compression, a little headwork, and some custom cams.....the FGT engine is much more capable. :beer:

I'll take a FGT engine any day, over a Coyote. ;-)

11.1 Compression, CNC Port, Cams.....and easily over 500 rwhp on 93 Octane....without having to spin to the moon.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

MMR, I am pretty sure that you guys know that compression for compression, a little headwork, and some custom cams.....the FGT engine is much more capable. :beer:

Only because of the engine size, a coyote @ 5.8 Liters is another story (theoretical of course). Both are great powerplants and no one has proven that better than our company. :beer:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
No idea. It went 267 in the mile. I thought I read that car made over 2xxxwhp too?

corruptor

Established Member
Since it's owned by a Ford engineer, maybe its a pet project/mule for a potential new FGT? One can dream, but that's usually how these types of halo cars start.

BMR Tech

Only because of the engine size, a coyote @ 5.8 Liters is another story (theoretical of course). Both are great powerplants and no one has proven that better than our company. :beer:

Correct. :beer:

Can't penalize the 5.4 based engine due to the fact it is larger, and can be made much larger. ;-)

As for flow, doesn't a set of worked FGT heads outperform a worked Coyote head? Without even changing valves?

If I had deeper pockets, I'd rock a 5.4 FGT based engine, NA, making 750+ HP......on pump gas. ;) Of course, the crankshaft alone would cost $4000. :cryying:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread