Could you move into another man's house??

Blown 89

Established Member
Don't get bogged down in her past. She's moving forward with you, be grateful for that.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I would not move in. If you get married buy a new place so that you can start fresh.

mach14604

Established Member
I actually dated this woman before I met my ex-wife, however it worked out it only lasted two months or so and we ended up both meeting our spouses shortly after and getting married. Well, 13 years later have now reconnected, they have been legally separated for two years now.

I normally don't comment on these things, but this part of the issue kind of troubles me. Why didn't things work out the first time? No offense but what makes your think it will work out this time?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I bought a new mattress after mine and she's been the only one to use it, lol.

I actually dated this woman before I met my ex-wife, however it worked out it only lasted two months or so and we ended up both meeting our spouses shortly after and getting married. Well, 13 years later have now reconnected, they have been legally separated for two years now. So it's not like we're random strangers here and they just decided to make this a good idea and they are both in mutual agreement with this.

And people moving in with single parents I'm assuming isn't that uncommon these days? :shrug:

It isn't that uncommon but it doesn't make it any less dumb. Her only job is to raise that kid. Any time spent with you in a "relationship" is taking away from that kid. She already had a hand in destroying a life, too bad for her this time. This is more of an indictment of who she really is versus how you see her. That kid is going to have another "daddy" in it's life until you leave which 75% of time happens in these situations because she's always going to take it's side over you among other things. Not to mention step parents are way more likely to molest. Again, this is a foolish thing to do because every sign points to her being fubar, not because you have bad intentions (unless you do). If you have a kid with her the original one is going to be effed up more because they'll be put on the back burner.

Take your history out of it and look at it objectively. What kind of woman has no problem shacking up with some dude before the divorce is final and exposing her kid to risks? She's not the distressed damsel you think she is. More like a distressing damsel.

Last edited:

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
Not to mention step parents are way more likely to molest.

This just made me dry heave. I've dated several single moms and that statement just makes me think its a bad idea now. Thanks Katy for making me feel like a slimeball just for dating a girl who is a single mom.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I'd wait until the divorce bullshit settles down. Nothing like a rebound romance to screw up your life.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I'm recently divorced (yes, I still have the Cobra :banana:)and dating a woman who is going through a divorce as well and she will end up with their house this summer. Now this house they bought new, had a kid and have been there for 8 years. I had planned on buying a house in the summertime but I think she may ask me to move in with her. I just don't think I can move into a house that I know another man took pride in (or lack there of according to her) and feel good about staying there. What do you guys think?

The one thing that did pop into my head is the upgrade in toys or upgrades to toys due to lack of debt!!!

My gf's sister's boyfriend is currently doing this in her sister's house. He is a worthless piece of shit and has to nerve to tell her kids how to run their lives when he is living in another man's home. If you do this, you begin a downward spiral or mediocrity.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Every situation is different, it totally depends on the individuals and their relationships together imo. As long as one moving in is no lazy ass dead beat, I see no problem with it.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I'm still waiting to hear why SHE thinks her last marriage didn't work. You have not answered that question yet.

Dragu1a

Established Member
Did the guy build the house with his bare hands? If the answer is no, then the next question should be - who gives a ****?

azmarkus

Established Member
Are you more focused on your new living situation giving you the ability to obtain material things? That's what it seems like and that is not the sure footing you want to ensure that the relationship is grounded on the necessary factors to make a relationship work beyond a couple of railing sessions.

Don't let the temptation of what seems to be a financially beneficial situation (possibly very temporarily) cause you to dig yourself into a hole when that situation (without guarantees) comes screeching to a halt. Also, you need to be aware the ex-factors (men and women) can lose any and all self control when they find out about situations like this. Having worked in LE, I lost track of the number of calls I took where the ex was parked outside and when the lights in the bedroom went out, they were unable to control their emotions and decided to go into Buford Pusser mode.

numbnutz

Established Member
I never understood people to be recently divorced and than right away shack up with someone else. **** that, I want my freedom..

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
I'm still waiting to hear why SHE thinks her last marriage didn't work. You have not answered that question yet.

They have mutually split and said they simply grew apart, noone cheated on the other, they just became roommates more or less and not partners over time.

Are you more focused on your new living situation giving you the ability to obtain material things? That's what it seems like and that is not the sure footing you want to ensure that the relationship is grounded on the necessary factors to make a relationship work beyond a couple of railing sessions.

Don't let the temptation of what seems to be a financially beneficial situation (possibly very temporarily) cause you to dig yourself into a hole when that situation (without guarantees) comes screeching to a halt. Also, you need to be aware the ex-factors (men and women) can lose any and all self control when they find out about situations like this. Having worked in LE, I lost track of the number of calls I took where the ex was parked outside and when the lights in the bedroom went out, they were unable to control their emotions and decided to go into Buford Pusser mode.

Material things has nothing to do with it, that was a joke. I'm still debating on selling the Cobra to obtain a house of my own, I'm in no hurry here, was just wondering how people felt about moving into another guys house. The house I just sold, I finished about 80-90% of the basement myself, 90% of the deck, the shed, did all the landscaping and it would burn me if some guy lived there had the ex ended up with the house and claimed it as his.

So no, I'm no deadbeat, wouldn't expect to live rent free, etc. I just plan on buying a house about the same time this woman will be done with her divorce so worst case scenario I guess, I buy one and she gets hers, one of us needs to sell or rent out the other house!!

Users who are viewing this thread