Could you move into another man's house??

stangposse

Established Member
OP....if you are really into this woman and want to work towards a long term relationship then there is no problem with this at all, despite how some of these holier-than-thou responses read. Aside from moving in, you must ask yourself if you are willing to be a positive influence in the kid's life. I'm assuming the kid likes you already and the woman is a decent person.

I think its smart for the woman to want to stay in that house. This way if things don't work out, she doesn't have to uproot her kid. Pay your fair share, be a pillar of support and show respect for both of them and see how it goes. It's a great deal for everyone.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Sounds good to me! As long as she ain't a Camaro fan lol

She's a Ford truck woman!!! Gotta love country girls!

OP....if you are really into this woman and want to work towards a long term relationship then there is no problem with this at all, despite how some of these holier-than-thou responses read. Aside from moving in, you must ask yourself if you are willing to be a positive influence in the kid's life. I'm assuming the kid likes you already and the woman is a decent person.

I think its smart for the woman to want to stay in that house. This way if things don't work out, she doesn't have to uproot her kid. Pay your fair share, be a pillar of support and show respect for both of them and see how it goes. It's a great deal for everyone.

Well in my previous marriage I raised two stepkids of 1 and 8 and were 14 and 21 when done so I'm good with the whole kid thing and being his buddy/mentor and yes dad will still be in the picture. And yes I've told her with her keeping the house and keeping the kid in his element would be very important I would imagine and she agrees which is why she wants the house. I'd obviously pay my fair share, sure as hell not that guy.

And FWIW, I've known dad for many years but not what I'd consider a friend, he was a Mustang guy back in the day which is how we know each other, lol.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
This just made me dry heave. I've dated several single moms and that statement just makes me think its a bad idea now. Thanks Katy for making me feel like a slimeball just for dating a girl who is a single mom.

Hey, it's the truth. If it's not you then it doesn't pertain. Simple as that.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
And FWIW, I've known dad for many years but not what I'd consider a friend, he was a Mustang guy back in the day which is how we know each other, lol.

There's your solution - sell him your Cobra on a deal in exchange for his blessing on you moving into his house :-D

Katy TX5.0

Established Member

I can show you empirical data devoid of any religious connotations to prove my point. It's a foolish idea and there is something very wrong with it.

stangposse

Established Member
I can show you empirical data devoid of any religious connotations to prove my point. It's a foolish idea and there is something very wrong with it.

Then educate me. Be sure to filter your results to eliminate welfare moms who bring in jobless men who are leechers.

You say she "ruined someone's life", so maybe I'm missing something. Seemed like a mutual split to me.

OP..... would she be entitled to less support from her ex if you were to move in? I've heard of cases where the woman would prefer to live alone because her payment arrangement with the ex would change if another man moved in.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Then educate me. Be sure to filter your results to eliminate welfare moms who bring in jobless men who are leechers.

You say she "ruined someone's life", so maybe I'm missing something. Seemed like a mutual split to me.

OP..... would she be entitled to less support from her ex if you were to move in? I've heard of cases where the woman would prefer to live alone because her payment arrangement with the ex would change if another man moved in.

She is not looking for support, just wants what is hers and that's it, they are not battling for anything, kids, assets, etc. She will obviously have to buy him out of the house but all other assets are what they are. Pretty easy split!

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member

So what you are saying if any woman with children were to decide to divorce their husband, they are just bound to live by themselves until that child moves out?? Interesting.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
It doesn't matter who owns the house. You're acting like a dumb ass for entertaining the idea of shacking up with someone who has a kid. The fact she's getting a divorce, already in a relationship with you, and has zero problems allowing some guy to that's not biologically related to the child move in should tell you her level of retarded. Let me guess, she has no responsibility in the divorce. It's your life to eff up though. What went wrong in your life to make you think you don't deserve a good woman?

This makes her sound like a winner. :lol1:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
So what you are saying if any woman with children were to decide to divorce their husband, they are just bound to live by themselves until that child moves out?? Interesting.

Yup. Why put the child at risk for something they didn't do? It's cruel.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member

Traditional Relationships - AskMen

This one is rather dry, but informative.

Testing, testing: How does living together affect a marriage? | This Emotional Life

Thinking Twice about Moving In Together before Marriage Infographic | My Move

Discovery Health "Debunking 10 Divorce Myths"

GalTime: Second (And Third) Marriages: Destined for Divorce?

The Dynamics Of Stepfamilies

Remarriage and Blended Families - Focus on the Family

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/16/139651077/study-are-cohabiting-parents-bad-for-kids

Last edited:

germeezy1

Established Member
Pride is the enemy of relationships. The fact that her ex lived there should have no bearing on anything. But I personally would not even entertain the idea until I was married. Sounds like a recipe for disaster....

Last edited:

Yellazxr

Established Member
I'd get the guys cellphone number and send him a selfie pic of me watching TV on the couch in his old place.

I rofl'd pretty good at that one.

I don't see a problem in it, I mean obviously I'd have to take down any of the dudes decorations and stuff. Maybe repainting it would make it feel different too?

LS2GTO

Established Member
I just don't think I can move into a house that I know another man took pride in

You realize that basically any house that you don't buy brand new is going to be something that another man "took pride in".

What's the difference in this example vs. buying a regular house by yourself that at another point in time was some other man's pride and joy?

germeezy1

Established Member
You realize that basically any house that you don't buy brand new is going to be something that another man "took pride in".

What's the difference in this example vs. buying a regular house by yourself that at another point in time was some other man's pride and joy?

Not to mention that every woman is one that a guy took pride in having at some point.

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
Yup. Why put the child at risk for something they didn't do? It's cruel.

At risk of what? Having a father figure around if the actual father bails?

You said a stepparent is more likely to molest than an actual parent? No shit. So is an aunt or uncle, godparent, or literally ANYONE who isn't a parent. What point are you trying to prove by saying that?

My formative years were with a stepmother and my dad who lived together, and I'm unbelievably grateful for it.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
At risk of what? Having a father figure around if the actual father bails?

You said a stepparent is more likely to molest than an actual parent? No shit. So is an aunt or uncle, godparent, or literally ANYONE who isn't a parent. What point are you trying to prove by saying that?

My formative years were with a stepmother and my dad who lived together, and I'm unbelievably grateful for it.

It is a risk. The child doesn't need another father figure who will bail. Glad you agree with me on the molestation except we both know not even being genetically related under the same roof is even riskier.

Last edited:

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
It is a risk. The child doesn't need another father figure who will bail.

Does the reward outweigh the risk? The child also doesn't need to grow up without a father figure at all.

I'm speaking solely from my own personal experience, so I'm not trying to assert it as fact or tell anyone what to believe, but I just don't know what I would have done as far as character development without my stepmom around. My dad worked odd hours and wasnt home as much as a normal 9-5 family so it made things easier.

Could she have left and me be without a mother figure again? Sure. She also could have died in a wreck and it be the same ending.

The problem I had with your post is that it was your opinion and you presented it like a fact as far as moving in with a single parent. There's no correct answer regardless of whatever articles you may try to link me to. It's a case by case thing and up to the parent if the reward outweighs the risk.

Will mistakes be made? Sure. That doesn't mean it's okay to paint all cases with one brush. That's silly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread