Could you move into another man's house??

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Some good points here, not sure it's a huge deal and I'm sure it's not that uncommon. We haven't been dating that long and she hasn't asked me yet but I think it's coming and by the time it'd be a good thought, we'd of been together for 8-9 months. Neither one of us have any plans of ever getting remarried but the whole live in thing was mentioned at best. I would never move in rent free even if she said so, I'd take care of my share, maybe not half of everything as I'd have no interest in the house.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Kinda weird considering they have built memories there, you guys really should sell that one and get your own home to build new memories in.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Kinda weird considering they have built memories there, you guys really should sell that one and get your own home to build new memories in.

So it would be uncouth of me to greet him at the door in his pjs?

The funny thing is a lot of men would be OK moving a woman into their home if they got the house.

SoCaDan

Established Member
I spend 2-3 nights a week in the house my girlfriend owns. She bought out her ex about 7 years ago and we've been together now for 5. I don't see a problem with it. She and I have a very amicable relationship with her ex. Just like we both have with my ex wife. Great situation for the kids (18-24) and all involved. I would have no problem if the situation were reversed. My ex and I still own a house together which I currently spend most of my time in although she isn't there.

Last edited:

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
DAMN. :thumbsup:

Make her get a new bed then move in.

I bought a new mattress after mine and she's been the only one to use it, lol.

It doesn't matter who owns the house. You're acting like a dumb ass for entertaining the idea of shacking up with someone who has a kid. The fact she's getting a divorce, already in a relationship with you, and has zero problems allowing some guy to that's not biologically related to the child move in should tell you her level of retarded. Let me guess, she has no responsibility in the divorce. It's your life to eff up though. What went wrong in your life to make you think you don't deserve a good woman?

I actually dated this woman before I met my ex-wife, however it worked out it only lasted two months or so and we ended up both meeting our spouses shortly after and getting married. Well, 13 years later have now reconnected, they have been legally separated for two years now. So it's not like we're random strangers here and they just decided to make this a good idea and they are both in mutual agreement with this.

And people moving in with single parents I'm assuming isn't that uncommon these days? :shrug:

paynecasey

Established Member
YXmD6qdDCDE
I'm thinking of a scene from Talladega Nights.
004011_43.jpg

Shake and Bake!
http://youtu.be/YXmD6qdDCDE

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
There are always two sides to every divorce. That being said....

Scenario 1 - Did he screw around on her and leave her for some twinkie? Did he mistreat her to the point she finally booted him? Something along that line? Then I would say dibs on the house. Get married, move in, (def refurnish the bedroom), have no regrets or second thoughts. In that scenario you are providing the manhood that was clearly lacking in the prior relationship to make that house the home it never likely was. Would do him good to see her having a real lasting relationship with a man who could keep his commitment and share a future with a good woman who chose poorly the first time.

Scenario 2 - Was she caught cheating on him, or dumped him when his money ran out, or is simply looking to upgrade for a guy with more money and/or social status...etc? In this case RUN AWAY! Away from the house, her, and everything.

Good luck. Either way I would get to know her better first before taking that step. There's way too many live-in situations gone bad that end up on Judge Judy as it is.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Or you could do what two different couples I know did.

Each person had gotten divorced, and they were awarded the house that they brought into the deal.

When they got re-married they each rented out their houses and bought a new, bigger and better one together. All expenses split 50/50

In both cases the man and the women owned their own houses in their previous marriages. So the exes never really entered into their situations.

But in your situation, if it bothers you ask her to sell her house and buy a new one together. With a bigger, fancier kitchen.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
My money is against you and this woman still being together by July 4th so I wouldn't get so ahead of yourself. If I'm wrong and things progress, I would not do it as you obviously have reservations and it will lead to problems most likely.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
So it would be uncouth of me to greet him at the door in his pjs?

The funny thing is a lot of men would be OK moving a woman into their home if they got the house.

I dont know about that.

If I owned a home and had a wife and we had split, and I got the home still afterwards, id probably look to leave it or at least rent it out and move out. Too many memories would be there for me to want to stay.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I dont know about that.

If I owned a home and had a wife and we had split, and I got the home still afterwards, id probably look to leave it or at least rent it out and move out. Too many memories would be there for me to want to stay.

It was a trick scenario, we all know the husband never gets the house.

Machdup1

Established Member
It depends on how she looks. Wait till he show up at 0600, unannounced, at wants to meet you. It will be a hoot.

Users who are viewing this thread