Could you move into another man's house??

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Wouldn't feel right in plus she already has a kid so the dad will possibly be coming by from time to time :shrug:

I'd get my own man. Just my .02 though. Hope it works out for you. :beer:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Does the reward outweigh the risk? The child also doesn't need to grow up without a father figure at all.

I'm speaking solely from my own personal experience, so I'm not trying to assert it as fact or tell anyone what to believe, but I just don't know what I would have done as far as character development without my stepmom around. My dad worked odd hours and wasnt home as much as a normal 9-5 family so it made things easier.

Could she have left and me be without a mother figure again? Sure. She also could have died in a wreck and it be the same ending.

The problem I had with your post is that it was your opinion and you presented it like a fact as far as moving in with a single parent. There's no correct answer regardless of whatever articles you may try to link me to. It's a case by case thing and up to the parent if the reward outweighs the risk.

Will mistakes be made? Sure. That doesn't mean it's okay to paint all cases with one brush. That's silly.

No, it doesn't outweigh the risk. There's uncles, grandfathers, and cousins for father figures. I presented my view as what the facts say. The facts say it's not a good idea for everyone involved. I never stated it's never going to work out but would you take a 70-75% risk? The correct answer would be to avoid the situation. There's zero way to know the truth why the other relationship didn't last.

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
No, it doesn't outweigh the risk. There's uncles, grandfathers, and cousins for father figures. I presented my view as what the facts say. The facts say it's not a good idea for everyone involved. I never stated it's never going to work out but would you take a 70-75% risk? The correct answer would be to avoid the situation. There's zero way to know the truth why the other relationship didn't last.

Uncles, grandfathers, and cousins for father figures. Great idea. What if they don't want that burden placed upon them? Or they're shitty people, or dead?

I disagree with you. You have words on the Internet to support your argument; I'm just using my personal experience.

Difference is, I'm not stating my opinions as absolute facts. I think it's silly to try to say no woman should ever have another man move in with her even if they get married just because there's a risk he might leave. By that logic, adoptions should never ever happen because something bad might happen with the new family.

Users who are viewing this thread