Comp Stage 3 N/A cams installed

dennisn

Established Member
Just picked up my car. Haven't gotten on it yet but there's a definite whine from the cams. Still only running base tune for logging.

Black5slow

Established Member
Just picked up my car. Haven't gotten on it yet but there's a definite whine from the cams. Still only running base tune for logging.
Someone told me it was drive train I dint think so at all and several other people who heard my car said it's the cams to. Glad to know I'm not crazy! Your gonna love them man once you get it all tuned. Post some #s when you get them

twistedneck

Established Member
with that much duration (242 @ 50) those cams should be capable of 8500 rpm. how high are you planning on spinning? sell the boss intake, unless the only thing you care about is throttle response. i.e. road racing, the boss is inferior to the cj.

i'm also on a quest for 500 whp.. however my dyno is a mustang and all I have left is Shaun to tune the cams in a couple weeks. 478 / 407 sae right now.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
U live in DE? There's races your just not looking hard enough lol

Ive heard guys racing on 95 south from rte 273 to 896 exit, but the are few roads the are deserted enough to street race on. And our cops have nothing to do so most of the time so soon as a call goes out they are right on it. But i was on 896 coming off of lums pond road today going away from the bridge and lucked out with a wide open road all the way to the lums pond park turn off. Just put a bottle of lucas oil octane booster in and was testing it out and wow what a difference in performance. Car is monstrous....order a 12 pack from amazon when i got home...lol.

Delaware guys lets schedule a meet up in the pike creek valley shopping center in the empty parking space between ruby tuesdays and wsfs, how about next sunday?

Black5slow

Established Member
with that much duration (242 @ 50) those cams should be capable of 8500 rpm. how high are you planning on spinning? sell the boss intake, unless the only thing you care about is throttle response. i.e. road racing, the boss is inferior to the cj.

i'm also on a quest for 500 whp.. however my dyno is a mustang and all I have left is Shaun to tune the cams in a couple weeks. 478 / 407 sae right now.
Yeah I'm scheduled to get a cj set up put on April 12th. Then bye bye boss. Our numbers are basically identical

Black5slow

Established Member
Ive heard guys racing on 95 south from rte 273 to 896 exit, but the are few roads the are deserted enough to street race on. And our cops have nothing to do so most of the time so soon as a call goes out they are right on it. But i was on 896 coming off of lums pond road today going away from the bridge and lucked out with a wide open road all the way to the lums pond park turn off. Just put a bottle of lucas oil octane booster in and was testing it out and wow what a difference in performance. Car is monstrous....order a 12 pack from amazon when i got home...lol.

Delaware guys lets schedule a meet up in the pike creek valley shopping center in the empty parking space between ruby tuesdays and wsfs, how about next sunday?
It will have be in a couple weeks man I'm going on vacation next sat for a week. I work with two guys with mustangs who will join in we will plan a time to meet up

nosscort

Established Member

I know all the guys that go to 95. Not the Ricers but the actual cars running decent. We and there are some runs that go down on 896 but they are setup.. op you should get yourself a baseline at the track for comparable times for your mods.. you do know you can run on a sat test n tune and not have the mob of ricers Lol, the track is prepped nice and you could do N/T if your hell bent on being secretive Lol.. are you running a street tire or some kind of Dr?

Black5slow

Established Member
I know all the guys that go to 95. Not the Ricers but the actual cars running decent. We and there are some runs that go down on 896 but they are setup.. op you should get yourself a baseline at the track for comparable times for your mods.. you do know you can run on a sat test n tune and not have the mob of ricers Lol, the track is prepped nice and you could do N/T if your hell bent on being secretive Lol.. are you running a street tire or some kind of Dr?
Yeah we might have to set something up I have my car at 5 my other buddy has a 13gt at 600 and my other boy has a 03 cobra over 1000. I might go to cecil one night with some people who knows the track just usually annoys me lol. I have 555r

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Seen your car at Matts

Couldn't have been mine man...My car hasn't been out of the garage since October…In about 1000 pieces right now. Brakes, exhaust, intake…all off lol. Trying to find time to get it ready for the spring. I probably need a good 2 days of un-interrupted time to get it squared away.
When its done, I'm def down to meet up with you guys at the track, Pike Creek or wherever though.

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
Couldn't have been mine man...My car hasn't been out of the garage since October…In about 1000 pieces right now. Brakes, exhaust, intake…all off lol. Trying to find time to get it ready for the spring. I probably need a good 2 days of un-interrupted time to get it squared away.
When its done, I'm def down to meet up with you guys at the track, Pike Creek or wherever though.

Someone must of seen your car and did the same exact shit. I hate when that happens!

Last edited:

Highway Star

Established Member
CJ Intake will not give you 28 more horsepower than a Boss Intake. If you want to go over 500 port your heads. Also, upgrade your valve springs and oil pump to handle the rpms. Also need a tuner to bust through the 7750 hard rev limiter in the Coyote ECU.

Black5slow

Established Member
CJ Intake will not give you 28 more horsepower than a Boss Intake. If you want to go over 500 port your heads. Also, upgrade your valve springs and oil pump to handle the rpms. Also need a tuner to bust through the 7750 hard rev limiter in the Coyote ECU.

We will see how close it will get me in a few weeks. Rev auto did a comparison test between the boss and cj and picked up 20 hp and 11tq. So it will Def be close. The video and dyno sheet is on youtube.

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
We will see how close it will get me in a few weeks. Rev auto did a comparison test between the boss and cj and picked up 20 hp and 11tq. So it will Def be close. The video and dyno sheet is on youtube.

I say 499 hp.

Highway Star

Established Member

Good luck to you. I think a safe tune 550 whp NA is definitely possible. I think I could do it with a little more rpm. I'm thinking 8100 rpm would get me there. I think you can bust right through 500 with rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread