Cobra or Mach 1

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Nothing wrong with an auto. Put a ncie stall behind it :)

I wouldn't trade the auto in my Firebird to save it's life. Nothing like 500+ ft lbs behind a loose converter.

devilchrono

Established Member
Torch10th said:
Nothing wrong with an auto. Put a ncie stall behind it :)

I wouldn't trade the auto in my Firebird to save it's life. Nothing like 500+ ft lbs behind a loose converter.

yep, thats why Lentech will be getting a call soon. a shift kit, valve body, and converter are in my cars future

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
devilchrono said:
i didn't say there was bashing in this thread, but there was kindof. the fact that people were saying the shaker isn't functional and is just for looks is bashing, to a degree.

That's not bashing at all. That's kinda like saying our stock 3.27 gear doesn't work.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Back to the Mod For Mod debate. Wouldn't the more agressive intake cams of the 99/01 make more power on a blown application. So I guess the question would be how much more power over the Mach Intake cams. Any 03/04 guys here that may have completed that swap?

devilchrono

Established Member

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
devilchrono said:
very crappy vid. you left early, and it's so dark that we can't tell that the other car is a Mach1. what all is done to your car? and that copout ricer sh** isn't for the Mustang crowd.

I left on the 3rd honk. Either way he had traction and i didn't and his 4:10s should of put him way ahead of me in the begining and didn't. He lost either way. With the way i was pulling top end he wouldn't of gotten away.

Mach1Marauder

Banned
na svt said:
I was referencing the post below, not asking about the ram charging effects in the intake port.

So you are saying that the ram effect of the scoop allowed a stock engine to exceed 100% volumetric efficiency? So, my question again, can you tell us how much air is needed to create a "ram effect" in a 281 cubic inch motor spinning 6800rpm?

No, The ram effect of the scoop let it occur at a certain rpm. I can't find those data logs at this time to tell you the EXACT rpm that each occurred(closed off VS not closed off)
To answer your other question: Any airflow of 42.243lbs/min or greater on a 4.6 ENGINE with an RPM of 6800 would be in a ram air or BOOST condition. The only thing is this. It won't occur at THAT rpm unless you have REALLY radical cams AND a short runner intake manifold such as a Sullivan and if it's a boosted engine, you're in big trouble if it's JUST starting boost at the rpm you stated.

HISSMAN said:
Your next derogatory post gets you a 20 day ban.

-Jeff
I'm sorry Jeff. I have a problem with people putting bunk info on the internet about ANY Ford product and I do need to work on my patience with people of limited comprehension skills.

Please excuse my lack of patience and conduct.

devilchrono

Established Member
sleepin 4.6 said:
I left on the 3rd honk. Either way he had traction and i didn't and his 4:10s should of put him way ahead of me in the begining and didn't. He lost either way. With the way i was pulling top end he wouldn't of gotten away.

but the most important things you left unaswered:

1) how are we to know that the other car was actually a Mach when the vid was so dark?

2) what are your mods? (that ricer excuse doesn't fly)

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
devilchrono said:
very crappy vid. you left early, and it's so dark that we can't tell that the other car is a Mach1. what all is done to your car? and that copout ricer sh** isn't for the Mustang crowd.

If you think he left early I would love to see what late is. He actualy left late. Thrd honk means as soon as you hear the H in honk you Gooooo! He left on the K and well the Mach driver left after he finished his sandwich. Thats why on the street its a drivers race.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
type911 said:
If you think he left early I would love to see what late is. He actualy left late. Thrd honk means as soon as you hear the H in honk you Gooooo! He left on the K and well the Mach driver left after he finished his sandwich. Thats why on the street its a drivers race.

Exactly. I got th vid on my computer and its alot more clear. iF you would like me to send it to you. PM me your email adress.

Last edited:

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
devilchrono said:
but the most important things you left unaswered:

1) how are we to know that the other car was actually a Mach when the vid was so dark?

2) what are your mods? (that ricer excuse doesn't fly)

I don't see why you see the Mach 1 as an unbeatable car. I have a friend with a red automatic 03 mach and i lay the smackdown on him time and time again. he has an intake and magnaflow catback. It's a beautiful car, but it is beatable. From the factory? both have their ups and downs and honestly i dont think either one has the upper hand on each other.

devilchrono

Established Member
01greycobra said:
I don't see why you see the Mach 1 as an unbeatable car. I have a friend with a red automatic 03 mach and i lay the smackdown on him time and time again. he has an intake and magnaflow catback. It's a beautiful car, but it is beatable. From the factory? both have their ups and downs and honestly i dont think either one has the upper hand on each other.

i never said it was unbeatable, unless it was a stock for stock race. but, it'll be a VERY close race if it's an auto Mach like mine.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
01greycobra said:

EXACTLY.......its a drivers race!

Users who are viewing this thread