Cobra or Mach 1

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I don't understand why everyone has to downplay a legitimate video.

Everyone here should know that for every Mach 1 beating a Cobra Vido that there is a Cobra beating a Mach 1 video, or vis versa.

Although M1M I think is correct in that if driver ability was identical that the Mach 1 would win in a straight line, I think we can safely say that most people won't have identical driving skills.

devilchrono

Established Member
Torch10th said:
I don't understand why everyone has to downplay a legitimate video.

Everyone here should know that for every Mach 1 beating a Cobra Vido that there is a Cobra beating a Mach 1 video, or vis versa.

Although M1M I think is correct in that if driver ability was identical that the Mach 1 would win in a straight line, I think we can safely say that most people won't have identical driving skills.

the video is being called into question because you can't tell that the other car is a Mach1. it's a mustang, there's no doubt about it, but it's to dark to see the car and all you have to go on is what the camera guy says. that's not enough for me.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
devilchrono said:
the video is being called into question because you can't tell that the other car is a Mach1. it's a mustang, there's no doubt about it, but it's to dark to see the car and all you have to go on is what the camera guy says. that's not enough for me.

Its only not enough for you because there is a Mach involved, If he stated he beat a cobra and he owned a Mach you would say nice kill. How about you look at the vid for what it is. You can clearly hear the 4v from the ehaust note. You can see the GT Style front end with Mach Lip. The car only lost because he slept at the line and shifted like my grandma. The outcome is about right. If the driver was better That car you saw fadeing would have won. Its a clear cut case of beating the driver not the car. and the whole reason why its a drivers race. If a cobra gets that much of a jump off the line its going to look just like it does.

Last edited:

devilchrono

Established Member
type911 said:
Its only not enough for you because there is a Mach involved, If he stated he beat a cobra and he owned a Mach you would say nice kill. How about you look at the vid for what it is. You can clearly hear the 4v from the ehaust note. You can see the GT Style front end with Mach Lip. The car only lost because he slept at the line and shifted like my grandma. The outcome is about right. If the driver was better That car you saw fadeing would have won. Its a clear cut case of beating the driver not the car. and the whole reason why its a drivers race. If a cobra gets that much of a jump off the line its going to look just like it does.

no, even if he had beat a Cobra and he had a Mach, i still wouldn't believe the video cause it's to DARK to see the other car. stop saying you know what i would say, cause you DON'T know me :kaboom:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
devilchrono said:

Ever heard of Ockham's Razor?

It states that all things being equal, the simplest answer tends to be the correct one.

Now to say that I don't have doubt about the ligitimacy of it being a Mach 1 would be lieing.

however, what's the simplest answer here. That it is in fact a Mach 1, or that the passenger in the Cobra (which could also be calle din to question) is lying to make the winning car look better than it really is?

Just something to ponder.

devilchrono

Established Member
Torch10th said:
Ever heard of Ockham's Razor?

It states that all things being equal, the simplest answer tends to be the correct one.

Now to say that I don't have doubt about the ligitimacy of it being a Mach 1 would be lieing.

however, what's the simplest answer here. That it is in fact a Mach 1, or that the passenger in the Cobra (which could also be calle din to question) is lying to make the winning car look better than it really is?

Just something to ponder.

well, that may be the conclusion that you draw with that theory, and thats just fine. mine is that there is a reason the video is so dark, and that is that the other car isn't a Mach, or at least not a real one anyway. that is the simplest solution that i'm drawing from this. cause who is to say that the car is just a GT that the kid put badges on and a CDC shaker kit?

now that's something to ponder. :pop:

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
And dropped in a 4v. You can't tell the difference in Exhaust Note? Come on. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck Its safe to say its a duck.

Mach Chin under GT bumper and 4v. Unless the GT did a 4v swap and the bumper I would say Its 99% safe to conclude its a Mach. How long have you owned your Mach? You should be able to hear the difference in 2v vs 4v Sound. With all that it is more likely that it is a mach than a gt.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Ever seen a bolt on Cobra vs bolt on GT race? That would be one insanely quick GT.

I see your point, but it seems as if you don't want to accept the fact that the odds are the car he is racing indeed is a Mach 1.

Like I said earlier though does it really matter?

We could all go search the internet right now and for every instance of a Cobra beating a Mach there would also be an instance of a Mach beating a cobra.

You're loyal to your mach 1 and that's fine. Be proud of what you have. There are many people not as fortunate as all of here to be driving around in such nice cars.

I just can't help but think that if the same video were reversed you wouldn't be questioning it.

Last edited:

64VALVES

Established Member
oh yeah well i know a guy this is getting out of hand.i dont think the guys brother is gonna buy your buddies 11 sec 98 and i know bill isnt selling louise.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
64VALVES said:
oh yeah well i know a guy this is getting out of hand.i dont think the guys brother is gonna buy your buddies 11 sec 98 and i know bill isnt selling louise.

:shrug: What are you talking about?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
WOw...just wow........I came in and there is BS flying all over......BUT, I am glad to see after the additional 4 pages since my last post......things are pretty cool in here.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
01greycobra said:
I don't see why you see the Mach 1 as an unbeatable car. I have a friend with a red automatic 03 mach and i lay the smackdown on him time and time again. he has an intake and magnaflow catback. It's a beautiful car, but it is beatable. From the factory? both have their ups and downs and honestly i dont think either one has the upper hand on each other.

I realize machs are unbeatable (see my posts, I have been pretty civil). BUT, how can you compare an A4 mach to your cobra??? that is like comparing an M5 with similar mods as your friend to a terminator. You do realize A4 machs dyno a buttload less right? the fastest Stock A4 mach ET, that I have seen posted is 13.54.........so, figure your friend running a 13.4 AT BEST. How can anyone deny a cobra with your mods beating an Auto mach that is 13.4-13.6??? Sorry, Don't mean to sound like a dick......but anyone that knows the slightest bit about these cars, and drag racing can read your post and say..."well, uh duh. What did you expect?"

BTW - nice car (seriously).

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
quadcammer said:
thats the lamest thing i've ever heard.

another street racing thug i guess

:lol: I agree.

Sorry sleepin4.6, but come on.......No mods listed, but you will admit to a 13.6 ET???? :bash: Sorry, but 13.6 is good enough to run a stock/lightly bolt on A4 mach........(see post above to 01greycobra).

I hate it when people say that crap.....'my mods are a secret'....how childish can you get?:nonono:

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
:lol: I agree.

Sorry sleepin4.6, but come on.......No mods listed, but you will admit to a 13.6 ET???? :bash: Sorry, but 13.6 is good enough to run a stock/lightly bolt on A4 mach........(see post above to 01greycobra).

I hate it when people say that crap.....'my mods are a secret'....how childish can you get?:nonono:

:shrug:

CobraG

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
WOw...just wow........I came in and there is BS flying all over......BUT, I am glad to see after the additional 4 pages since my last post......things are pretty cool in here.

That's cool, I'm glad it's getting better, I'm going to try not to go back and see what was posted after my last post in here :)
Anyway, since we all have 4V's maybe we could all be friends and help each other :beer:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
CobraG said:
That's cool, I'm glad it's getting better, I'm going to try not to go back and see what was posted after my last post in here :)
Anyway, since we all have 4V's maybe we could all be friends and help each other :beer:
:lol: :beer:

BTW - if your exhaust is still too quiet...switch to Stinger catback or SLP loudmouths.....:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread