Cobra or Mach 1

CobraG

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
:lol: :beer:

BTW - if your exhaust is still too quiet...switch to Stinger catback or SLP loudmouths.....:thumbsup:

Lol, I know, but it's worth a shot :lol1:

I tried to put SLP resinators on over here (Germany) but they wouldn't even weld them in for me, they said they are illegal and I would fail my next inspection with them.
So I'll probably throw my MagnaFlow's on and see if I like their sound better than the Flowmasters. I have six mufflers, two on the car and four more riding around waiting for me to do something with them :lol1:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Sorry sleepin4.6, but come on.......No mods listed, but you will admit to a 13.6 ET???? :bash: Sorry, but 13.6 is good enough to run a stock/lightly bolt on A4 mach........(see post above to 01greycobra).

LOL my last 01 ran ~13.6 brand new, showroom stock @ 103...doesn't sound like 13.6 w/ mods should be bragged on...

devilchrono

Established Member
type911 said:
And dropped in a 4v. You can't tell the difference in Exhaust Note? Come on. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck Its safe to say its a duck.

Mach Chin under GT bumper and 4v. Unless the GT did a 4v swap and the bumper I would say Its 99% safe to conclude its a Mach. How long have you owned your Mach? You should be able to hear the difference in 2v vs 4v Sound. With all that it is more likely that it is a mach than a gt.

i've had my Mach for a year. you guys seems to be really lienear (sp?) thinkers. the 4v does sound diff. than the 2v, so what makes you think that you could hear a 2v motor over a 4v motor since the camera man was in the 4v? you guys just can't seem to understand what i'm saying. even if you think it's 99% safe to conclude that the car he raced in that vid was an actual Mach without even seeing it, the that's your choice. i love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything, but that doesn't mean that i won't admit when i lose. i've seen plenty of Mach's lose to other cars, so it can and does happen. i just don't think that the other car was a real Mach.

devilchrono

Established Member
Torch10th said:
You're loyal to your mach 1 and that's fine. Be proud of what you have. There are many people not as fortunate as all of here to be driving around in such nice cars.

I just can't help but think that if the same video were reversed you wouldn't be questioning it.

i am loyal to my car, and i admit it. but first and for most, i'm a MUSTANG ENTHUSIAST, and love to see friendly competition between all models and years. i'm not doubting that the vid was a good kill, but, to me, it looks like he left a little early and the other guy must've been dead cause he was way late.

and if the video was reversed, i would still say the same thing until i could CLEARLY SEE the other car. hell, i'd like to see the same two people race again, once driving their own cars, and then again driving eachothers, that way there would be no doubt about the drivers.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
devilchrono said:
i am loyal to my car, and i admit it. but first and for most, i'm a MUSTANG ENTHUSIAST, and love to see friendly competition between all models and years. i'm not doubting that the vid was a good kill, but, to me, it looks like he left a little early and the other guy must've been dead cause he was way late.

and if the video was reversed, i would still say the same thing until i could CLEARLY SEE the other car. hell, i'd like to see the same two people race again, once driving their own cars, and then again driving eachothers, that way there would be no doubt about the drivers.

I tell you what. Me and him have an upcoming race when it gets warm out. We will get it on vid in the middle of the day for you. You can tag along if you would really like. I suggest not being so closed minded about what a 99 Cobra is capable of. To me they are the same car......Mustangs.

Last edited:

devilchrono

Established Member
sleepin 4.6 said:
I tell you what. Me and him have an upcoming race when it gets warm out. We will get it on vid in the middle of the day for you. You can tag along if you would really like.

sure, just depends on when and where. where do you live in STL?

Angus

Established Member
I find it (mildly) amusing that this argument has gone-on this long.... :bored:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Angus66 said:
I find it (mildly) amusing that this argument has gone-on this long.... ..
Don't lie...you find it more than 'mildly' amusing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread