CJ,SCJ,CAMS etc.

Voltwings

Established Member
Do you know what they mean by from the valvetrain? I can't picture that in my head. Either way, doesn't the 3V Vaccuum pump already come with -12 lines?

Valve train, top end of the motor, basically the valve cover breathers is what he is referencing.

DTL

Established Member
I run -12 lines from each valve cover to a Peterson catch can on the firewall. No vacuum pump. I have not had any blow-by issues. If you decide to try a vacuum pump, make sure you get one that is designed for a roadrace application. I've seen numerous drag race pumps seize on lap 2, because they weren't designed for that type of duty cycle and/or weren't pullied correctly for the rpm range they were seeing.

darreng505

Established Member
I run -12 lines from each valve cover to a Peterson catch can on the firewall. No vacuum pump. I have not had any blow-by issues. If you decide to try a vacuum pump, make sure you get one that is designed for a roadrace application. I've seen numerous drag race pumps seize on lap 2, because they weren't designed for that type of duty cycle and/or weren't pullied correctly for the rpm range they were seeing.

That's good advice. I have the Rehagen can (similar to Peterson). It spews smoke from under the filter cap (which has rim vent) while warming up (sometimes a lot , sometimes a little). Others mentioned expanding the lines that came with the kit.

Here's what Livernois suggested for pump assembly. What do you think? Road race worthy?

Moroso vac pump 22640 http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/22640/10002/-1
Moroso drive kit 63849 should fit your ATI
Moroso pump bracket 63917
Moroso 84885 vac pulley
Moroso 22633 regulator/relief valve
Moroso 22635 v/c fitting
Moroso 85465 tank (or you may be able to re purpose the tank you have if
similar design)

19347597374_27f8cb33ea_k.jpg

Last edited:

DTL

Established Member
If Livernois says the Moroso pump will live, I'm sure they're right. Glad to see they included a regulator in the parts list! The good thing about a pump like that is that rebuild kits should be relatively cheap and easy to source. Maintenance shouldn't be a headache.

twistedneck

Established Member
Ok, here's a video of a practice lap with new motor. Enjoy.

[youtube_browser]FoDcI56n2w8[/youtube_browser]

That car is moving! I saw you eclipse 140MPH in the first straight I bet stopping hard from that speed takes some getting to.

PS make sure you change the oil often with the breather only setup.

darreng505

Established Member
That car is moving! I saw you eclipse 140MPH in the first straight I bet stopping hard from that speed takes some getting to.

PS make sure you change the oil often with the breather only setup.

That was a tame lap too. I'm not really "hustling" the car at all.

And that straight is downhill so when you brake hard you're not getting any help at all.....people were locking them up at the end of the straight all day.

RE: oil
I'm shooting for an oil swap every 4-5 hours of track time.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
That thing is dirty dirty! I'm sharing this YouTube link with all the car folks in my contacts. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

ford20

Established Member
Hey Darren JPC has some -12 AN fittings that screw into the PCV valves if you are interested in them. Picture, stolen from Kelly

11800609_969250603097322_9104060668390915238_n.jpg

corysmach1

Established Member
I just read all 31 pages. Darren, congrats on an NA monster! REV and Livernois put together a beast. Has anybody done Comp Stage 3's with ported heads and also either milled the heads or used a different gasket to try and raise the compression?

darreng505

Established Member
I just read all 31 pages. Darren, congrats on an NA monster! REV and Livernois put together a beast. Has anybody done Comp Stage 3's with ported heads and also either milled the heads or used a different gasket to try and raise the compression?

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Lots of smart people shared their ideas, thoughts and suggestions throughout this thread that I hope can help others brave enough (or foolish enough) to go down this road.

And here's some eye candy. My self made BBK (big breather kit). Full -12AN from valve to can. (sorry about large images, can't resize them on this forum for some reason).

20334157500_d438bd844e_k.jpg

20528625641_76e90bbd39_k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread