CJ,SCJ,CAMS etc.

corysmach1

Established Member
Yeah. Stage 3 type heads are pretty much $3k plus some hand work. What livernois will do is make you a custom cncd head from new castings. Design for your application. Same with RGR and all the best engine shops.

You got to be a little crazy like Sean and me to overlook the $'s per gain. Heads like that will work best in a complete system.

I run the CJ setup on E85 and am doing Comp Stage 3 Cam's as we speak....what would be the best heads for my setup? Also what Dampner pulley do you run? Do you run EWP also?

ford20

Established Member
What T2R did you end up going with? I see the Ford Racing one and I'm assuming what was used on the FR500 & Boss 302 Race program is a low bias unit while I see others are a high bias unit so I'm a wee bit confused on that aspect.

I run the CJ setup on E85 and am doing Comp Stage 3 Cam's as we speak....what would be the best heads for my setup? Also what Dampner pulley do you run? Do you run EWP also?

Cory, I went with the 2015 heads as they are basically the same port size as the Boss heads and were about $1200 IIRC compared to the Boss heads which were about $3,000 if my memory is serving me correctly. As far as dampner pulley, I went with the Innovators West due to the weight savings over the ATI. I can't speak for Darren though.

corysmach1

Established Member
What T2R did you end up going with? I see the Ford Racing one and I'm assuming what was used on the FR500 & Boss 302 Race program is a low bias unit while I see others are a high bias unit so I'm a wee bit confused on that aspect.

Cory, I went with the 2015 heads as they are basically the same port size as the Boss heads and were about $1200 IIRC compared to the Boss heads which were about $3,000 if my memory is serving me correctly. As far as dampner pulley, I went with the Innovators West due to the weight savings over the ATI. I can't speak for Darren though.

Ok so 2015 heads are only $1200 and they bolt right up? Who ported yours? Also the IW pulley is the lightest -5lbs lighter I believe. Which is huge. Do you have Billet OPG'S? I've just heard a few cars broke OPG's in the coyote stock class and all 3 had the IW pulley.....but some could argue with billet OPG's you will be fine.

darreng505

Established Member

I will have to look at my engine build sheet. I'm not as versed on engine parts as you guys.

Sean, I have the higher bias T2R (like 4.5 bias or around there).

And here's a video of me going from 4th to 1st in one turn. This was my comp school race. I intentionally put myself in 4th position for the final rolling start to make it interesting. Watch me drop the hammer after shoving it into 3rd.

This link might work:

https://www.facebook.com/leen.buckner/videos/959500384088802/

Last edited:

ford20

Established Member
Ok so 2015 heads are only $1200 and they bolt right up? Who ported yours? Also the IW pulley is the lightest -5lbs lighter I believe. Which is huge. Do you have Billet OPG'S? I've just heard a few cars broke OPG's in the coyote stock class and all 3 had the IW pulley.....but some could argue with billet OPG's you will be fine.

Yep, I bolted mine into a 2011 block with ARP bolts for the 11-12 Mustang and with Cometic .040 gaskets. Yep, I have the TSS oil pump gears and the MPR billet crank sprocket along with the MPR heavy duty timing chains. I have to say that the dampner is a very nice looking piece.

I will have to look at my engine build sheet. I'm not as versed on engine parts as you guys.

Sean, I have the higher bias T2R (like 4.5 bias or around there).

And here's a video of me going from 4th to 1st in one turn. This was my comp school race. I intentionally put myself in 4th position for the final rolling start to make it interesting. Watch me drop the hammer after shoving it into 3rd.

This link might work:

https://www.facebook.com/leen.buckner/videos/959500384088802/

Holy shit that thing moves like a banshee!!! When my car is done, I want it to move like that hahaha. Your car is so badass, I love it!

I think I will get the high bias one as well once I get a watts link put in, I may do it at the same time.

corysmach1

Established Member
Yep, I bolted mine into a 2011 block with ARP bolts for the 11-12 Mustang and with Cometic .040 gaskets. Yep, I have the TSS oil pump gears and the MPR billet crank sprocket along with the MPR heavy duty timing chains. I have to say that the dampner is a very nice looking piece.

Holy shit that thing moves like a banshee!!! When my car is done, I want it to move like that hahaha. Your car is so badass, I love it!

I think I will get the high bias one as well once I get a watts link put in, I may do it at the same time.

Wow I did not know the heads were that cheap. IW Balancer it is then.

darreng505

Established Member

Sean, are those HD timing chains any more mass than the normal ones? Just wondering if they add any rotating mass or just stronger material same weight.

ford20

Established Member
Wow I did not know the heads were that cheap. IW Balancer it is then.

You are going to have to use your old followers and lash adjusters as the heads come bare or you can buy the ford racing kits

Sean, are those HD timing chains any more mass than the normal ones? Just wondering if they add any rotating mass or just stronger material same weight.

Hmmm to be honest i didnt notice a weight difference by holding them in my hands. You can see the pins are a bit bigger and the plates are thicker so i assume there is a mass difference but how much i couldn't notice.

corysmach1

Established Member
You are going to have to use your old followers and lash adjusters as the heads come bare or you can buy the ford racing kits

Hmmm to be honest i didnt notice a weight difference by holding them in my hands. You can see the pins are a bit bigger and the plates are thicker so i assume there is a mass difference but how much i couldn't notice.

Ok I was just gonna buy them and take them straight to RGR to have them ported....once done and put on I could sell mine.

Kyle55

Established Member
Any updates on the car, more videos, its a long thread so I'm not sure if you listed your suspension setup, interested in that to.

darreng505

Established Member
It's been a while. But you're not going to believe what's happening now.

Details will have to wait. But you can't make this stuff up....

darreng505

Established Member
Ok, engine guys. I need theories. What could possibly cause THIS to happen?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

tensioner_psgr.jpg

tensioner_driver.jpg

tensioner_guide.jpg

Other one was chewed up in valvetrain

BOTH tensioner guides broke and both tensioner pistons were ground down like this.
tensioner_piston3.jpg

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I have no idea. I'll be paying close attention to this until you get to the bottom of it. Man! So sorry you've had such a hard time!

ford20

Established Member
If I talk to JPC today I will try and remember to ask them about it, maybe they would have an idea or have seen it before.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Those tensioner shoes installed backwards. The thicker side is the guide to prevent them from rotating. The thicker side goes toward the cams. Those shoes rotate easily it's part of removing the gear off of the cams.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread