Chick Fil A is overrated, change my mind.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I'm not going to try to change your mind because everyone likes different things. Chick fil A, at least the ones near me, are pretty good. Always packed but always super friendly service. Buries every other fast food place in a landslide in that regard.

I like Popeyes too but it's a different kind of chicken.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
CFA makes a very simple chicken sandwich that doesn't taste bad and their waffle fries are pretty good too. What makes CFA so great is their speedy service and friendly attitude. You can serve someone a shit sandwich and say "My Pleasure" and they'll keep coming back because you get that genuine feeling they truly appreciate your business. Almost all the workers at other fast food joints sound completely forced or robotic with their "Thank-You's" if you even get one.

U.M.

96 cobra

Established Member
Agreed. Popeys spicy is better, then there's mom&pop places which are light-years ahead of cfa.
The psychotic friendliness/attentive nature of cfa is a bit much as well, it's just chicken, relax.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I rarely eat out and almost never when I do is it fast food. Have never eaten at Chick-Fil-A but to answer OP's query In-N-Out is the most overrated hyped up place I ever went to. First tried it in the early 90s and was like really? This is it? Had it a few times after that and don't get it. It's not bad but just deified beyond belief to me.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Probably one of the most disappointing places to get good food that was hyped up by people with shitty taste. I've been there 4 times now in the span of 10 years. Last time I went was last year. How can anyone eat this shit up?

For anything chicken I'd rather get KFC or Popeyes or Churches.

Anyways, what are some places that were so hyped up you had to try it and ended being a huge disappointment?

OP, i wonder if you just have a badly run one. Not all fast food joints are managed the same. The Chic-Fli-A near me is always excellent and the staff is super nice. But I have been to others that were a bit of a let down by comparison. Same is true for me with my favorite breakfast gig, Bojangles. Two near me, one is great, the other not so much.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'm not going to try to change your mind because everyone likes different things. Chick fil A, at least the ones near me, are pretty good. Always packed but always super friendly service. Buries every other fast food place in a landslide in that regard.

I like Popeyes too but it's a different kind of chicken.

Yup and it shows in studies and surveys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I rarely eat out and almost never when I do is it fast food. Have never eaten at Chick-Fil-A but to answer OP's query In-N-Out is the most overrated hyped up place I ever went to. First tried it in the early 90s and was like really? This is it? Had it a few times after that and don't get it. It's not bad but just deified beyond belief to me.

I felt jack in the box was overhyped as crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
CFA stores and service are miles above the rest but I don't think their food is that great. Its not bad but Im almost never like "damn, I need to go there". I get a lot of funny looks when I tell people I don't really like the waffle fries

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I like young fried squirrel with mashed potatos and pan gravy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I first ate at a Chickfila around 1970. I like them, their clean stores, the fact that as mentioned above they make lefties' heads explode, they are closed on Sunday's because they want to be and can afford it, are clean, polite, and I can never even get in the drive through at any of the stores around me.

All that said....BOJANGLES. My favorite chicken restaurant.

cbj5259

Established Member
This thread = 1st world problems. In Somalia they'd eat Dick-Fil-A if they could.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread