Car in shop for engine knocking

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Just do what I did... Go to the showroom floor and ask to see the dealership owner. They will probably send some manager out and when he gets there say this "WHO ARE YOU???? I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU, IF YOUR OTHER BUDDY THE SERVICE MANAGER CAN'T RESOLVE A ISSUE WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN??? YOUR "AWESOME" SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND DEALERSHIP ARE NOT STANDING UP TO FORD WARRANTIES, I CAN'T BELIEVE I BOUGHT FROM A SCAM DEALERSHIP. YOU HAVE ABOUT 2 MINUTE TO TELL ME WHAT I WANT TO HEAR BEFORE I GET MY LAWYER ON THE PHONE AGAIN"
Basically what I told my dealership when I was getting dicked around by the service department. So after chewing some random managers ass in front of customers I got a pimp ass loaner and my car go #1 priority in the shop lol. This was about 2 weeks before I deployed and the car has since gone back in for the repairs, if i go back and im still having issues I will pull that same routine and get another car on lemon law. If you bust them out in front of a crowd of customers they will try to save face and help you.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Just do what I did... Go to the showroom floor and ask to see the dealership owner. They will probably send some manager out and when he gets there say this "WHO ARE YOU???? I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU, IF YOUR OTHER BUDDY THE SERVICE MANAGER CAN'T RESOLVE A ISSUE WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN??? YOUR "AWESOME" SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND DEALERSHIP ARE NOT STANDING UP TO FORD WARRANTIES, I CAN'T BELIEVE I BOUGHT FROM A SCAM DEALERSHIP. YOU HAVE ABOUT 2 MINUTE TO TELL ME WHAT I WANT TO HEAR BEFORE I GET MY LAWYER ON THE PHONE AGAIN"
Basically what I told my dealership when I was getting dicked around by the service department. So after chewing some random managers ass in front of customers I got a pimp ass loaner and my car go #1 priority in the shop lol. This was about 2 weeks before I deployed and the car has since gone back in for the repairs, if i go back and im still having issues I will pull that same routine and get another car on lemon law. If you bust them out in front of a crowd of customers they will try to save face and help you.

dude shut up. stop acting like some cool guy. If there is a real problem they will fix it.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
To the OP, take your car down there with another 5.0 to show them that this is in fact NOT normal. If it is, then why is the other car not doing it? And dont stop until they fix it or lemon law it. This is really scaring the shite out of me. I am going to get a 2011 tomorrow and am seriously thinking twice.

are u retarded? One guy who u dont even know claims to have an issue and now your not buying one? I work at a ford dealer. We have had zero new mustangs back. except one shelby with a turn signal out. dont be gay.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Shadowstang,

I have noticed that, while you continue to claim this sound is normal on this and other forums, you have yet to tell us what in the engine makes this noise.

Furthermore, you have said there is a fix for the tick despite numerous folks not being able to get it corrected. When I asked you what the fix was, you didn't answer.

Your credibility as a "Ford dealership employee" continues to drop.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
dude shut up. stop acting like some cool guy. If there is a real problem they will fix it.

umm yea im not acting like a cool guy dipshit im saying what i had to do for my dealership to simply fix a fuel tank issue. obviously there is a problem with his car and they refuse to fix it so sometimes you have to be a lil dramatic for them to actually do something. ****ing internet hardass.... bet your dad can beat up my dad too huh?

stang1971

Established Member
my grabber blue is my second 2011 in one year and i havent had a single issue with it... no tick... no knock.... dont let a few peoples issues deter you from buying one. the auto performs flawlessly.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Sorry to hear about that, Josh !!

yeah its not the greatest thing to happen to a brand new car. the funny thing is i remember seeing Intervention302 lose number 8 in his sterling gray car with the same mods and remember thinking wow hope that dosent happen to mine, but every make has a dud... no worries...lol six months later within 500mi on the odometer of his, de ja vu. same color and all. i also love how this ford guy in here belittles it saying this one guy when Ford has noticed it as a big problem seeing many that have the issue with number 8....straight from the field engineers mouth.....not everyones on the forum and my car ran fine didnt smoke or make any noises so i'm sure a few have gone unseen

Last edited:

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
I was thinking of working OT to pay off my cobra after I finish building it and buy a new 5.0, but after this thread, I must say im rethinking my plans heavily. Knocking noises? Cyl #8 detonation? WTF!? :nonono:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I was thinking of working OT to pay off my cobra after I finish building it and buy a new 5.0, but after this thread, I must say im rethinking my plans heavily. Knocking noises? Cyl #8 detonation? WTF!? :nonono:

Its a two way street though man look at all the cars running bottom 10s even nines on stock motors...they are great cars. heck i could have traded mine in somewhere and gotten rid of my problem but I'm keeping it still. aftermarket pistons have more material above the rings to protect them and i'm gonna have them richen the tune up a bit to help out.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
all the 4-valves have the tick. it's the HLA. my GT500 has, as well as numerous others. Termi's had it, Mach 1's etc. the best you're gonna get is Ford to adjust the lasher and it will come back.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member

It's not my dealership that I'm having issues with. in fact, my dealership has been very good through all of this. They can't however do anything with the car that Ford itself doesn't authorized. The car is going back on Tuesday and I have a meeting with one of the two owners as well. Until Ford gives the dealership the OK to tare into the car and actually search for the problem, the dealership is powerless to do more.

I'm trying to get a field engineer out to look at the car at this point.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
all the 4-valves have the tick. it's the HLA. my GT500 has, as well as numerous others. Termi's had it, Mach 1's etc. the best you're gonna get is Ford to adjust the lasher and it will come back.

Sorry, Bull... No ticks here, bro... Not yet atleast... 3700 miles

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I spent about an hour at the dealership this morning while dropping my car off.

At least right now it appears that Ford has authorized the dealership to do what it needs to diagnose the issue. I went for a drive with the engine tech, explained the situation and we had a conversation with him, and the service manager who both agreed that at least in my vehicle's case the noises it was making are not "normal."

The tech then spent a bit on the phone with Hotline talking about the car.

On the bright side the tech did state he doesn't think it's anything too serious.

I'm hopeful that I can get an actual diagnosis with a resulting fix shortly!

mnewxcv

Established Member
hope it works out! just read through the thread, it sucks but what can you do but hope they make right on it finally. best of luck

SicShelby09

Banned
Just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I spent about an hour at the dealership this morning while dropping my car off.

At least right now it appears that Ford has authorized the dealership to do what it needs to diagnose the issue. I went for a drive with the engine tech, explained the situation and we had a conversation with him, and the service manager who both agreed that at least in my vehicle's case the noises it was making are not "normal."

The tech then spent a bit on the phone with Hotline talking about the car.

On the bright side the tech did state he doesn't think it's anything too serious.

I'm hopeful that I can get an actual diagnosis with a resulting fix shortly!

Goodluck man, YOU DESERVE to get this fixed correctly.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Obviously the car won't be fixed today, but I'll be happy with an actual diagnosis. We can go from there.

It's just too bad that it's taken 3 trips to the dealership and calls directly to Ford to even get to this point. I realize that there are individuals out there that freak out and the tiniest noise and companies have to insulate themselves from those types, but when this car was in the second time and the mechanics at that time were saying the noise seemed excessive, it could have been looked into further at that time.

The Mustang is THE best car to own in the 30-40,000 price range. I'm adamant about that. But, owners don't want to be told "this is normal" when clearly something is off.

SicShelby09

Banned
Obviously the car won't be fixed today, but I'll be happy with an actual diagnosis. We can go from there.

It's just too bad that it's taken 3 trips to the dealership and calls directly to Ford to even get to this point. I realize that there are individuals out there that freak out and the tiniest noise and companies have to insulate themselves from those types, but when this car was in the second time and the mechanics at that time were saying the noise seemed excessive, it could have been looked into further at that time.

The Mustang is THE best car to own in the 30-40,000 price range. I'm adamant about that. But, owners don't want to be told "this is normal" when clearly something is off.

Whats next for you is to make SURE that Ford customer care gives you a free extended warranty or something. They did this for me on our 09 explorer after we went round and round with them and the dealer on something. They will do it in a second, and attach it to your vin. Please get what you can from them on this, you deserve it.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm not trying to fleece Ford in any way. The car already has an extended warranty on it as well as the maintenance plan.

All I want is for the car to be made right so that I can get back to enjoying it!

Users who are viewing this thread