can i run catless w/o a tune?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Aww man they deleted his post. I think bro was a little mad.
Nothing has been deleted, believe me.
Lol... This seams to be the demeanor of every wonderful person to come in here. So i had to get the info needed elsewere, if you dont see the hostility that was being shown towards me before i lost it and felt the need to insult someone for being blatenly ignorant, than thats an issue you need to address regarding your reading comprehension. To anyone who isnt a snob i will post my results with no cats and the use of foulers as soon as i install them and then again Once i put some miles on the setup.

Thanks for everyone on here who actually tried to help :beer:

Slow learner eh?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Well looks like he has all the answers I guess. Makes you wonder why he started this thread in he first place. Go ahead and run your car with no tune and the cats removed. Either way I could care less.

Yeah sure, im slow.. Im done on this thread.. Happy holidays

See above.
I just went back through this whole thing and you seem like you don't want to take advise.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Lol... This seams to be the demeanor of every wonderful person to come in here. So i had to get the info needed elsewere, if you dont see the hostility that was being shown towards me before i lost it and felt the need to insult someone for being blatenly ignorant, than thats an issue you need to address regarding your reading comprehension. To anyone who isnt a snob i will post my results with no cats and the use of foulers as soon as i install them and then again Once i put some miles on the setup.

Thanks for everyone on here who actually tried to help :beer:

Uh, everyone helped you out, guy.

_Snake_

Established Member

liter of cola

Established Member

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I ran my car with spark plug non foulers... Guess what happened after 2000ish miles. Just get a tune or stop posting. There is a reason people keep telling you there is a wrong and right way to mod a 5.0. If it was a exact part you can argue but you are talking tuning when you mess with the exhaust between the headers and cats...

Rodinator

Established Member
I ran my car with spark plug non foulers... Guess what happened after 2000ish miles. Just get a tune or stop posting. There is a reason people keep telling you there is a wrong and right way to mod a 5.0. If it was a exact part you can argue but you are talking tuning when you mess with the exhaust between the headers and cats...

What happened???

I have non foulers packed with steel wool and I switch back and forth between the stock tune and the Bama tunes and haven't had an issue running the stock tune once I figured out how much steel wool to pack in them. I have had the stock tune in since the end of October.

rotarymagic

Established Member
Just let OP ruin his own car without a tune. He'll have a car that stinks like shit and stumbles all the time, but sounds good to him.

liter of cola

Established Member

What happened???

I have non foulers packed with steel wool and I switch back and forth between the stock tune and the Bama tunes and haven't had an issue running the stock tune once I figured out how much steel wool to pack in them. I have had the stock tune in since the end of October.

These are the kind of replies i was looking for... So yeah.... What happened five.slow? What happened after 2000mi?? And rodinator, can you explain your setup? Did you just do the 2 foulers stacked on each side? Whats with the steel wool? You said you had to figure out how much steel wool to put so how much is needed?

Rodinator

Established Member
Car is a 2014 GT base Auto car ran I 13.076@ 109 stock. I used o2 simulators from Big Daddy's Garage put those in first with a UPR off road X pipe I did it mostly for sound to me the X pipe no cats and factory exhaust sounds sweet. Threw a CEL in no time. Car ran best of 12.93@111 with a CEL on, I pulled them off packed the simulators full of steel wool down in the bottom ran it threw a CEL. Pulled them back off used more steel wool i warped it around the o2 sensor till it was hard to get in the simulator no CEL on stock tune for several thousand miles. I will say though on a Bama 93 tune car goes 12.60@113. Only reason I pulled the Bama 87 performance tune was sometimes my wife drives it and in the winter I was afraid of the TC delay there is defiantly less traction control interference on the tune.

All runs on otherwise stock full weight car with same amount of fuel on stock19" P Nero's. Car is defiantly capable of a faster time as the 60 foot time showed no improvement over all the runs. 2.0x is all it do on the traction limited stock tires.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
Car is a 2014 GT base Auto car ran I 10.076@ 109 stock. I used o2 simulators from Big Daddy's Garage put those in first with a UPR off road X pipe I did it mostly for sound to me the X pipe no cats and factory exhaust sounds sweet. Threw a CEL in no time. Car ran best of 12.93@111 with a CEL on, I pulled them off packed the simulators full of steel wool down in the bottom ran it threw a CEL. Pulled them back off used more steel wool i warped it around the o2 sensor till it was hard to get in the simulator no CEL on stock tune for several thousand miles. I will say though on a Bama 93 tune car goes 12.60@113. Only reason I pulled the Bama 87 performance tune was sometimes my wife drives it and in the winter I was afraid of the TC delay there is defiantly less traction control interference on the tune.

All runs on otherwise stock full weight car with same amount of fuel on stock19" P Nero's. Car is defiantly capable of a faster time as the 60 foot time showed no improvement over all the runs. 2.0x is all it do on the traction limited stock tires.

Interesting... Thanks for the info bro... Doesnt sound too good for the the simulator from bigdaddiesgarage.com

Last edited:

tiddies

Established Member
Take 2 non foulers on either side. Drill one of them out so that you can screw the O2 sensor all the way in. Stuff a bit of steel wool in the un-drilled one, screw the two non foulers together and install into exhaust

Rodinator

Established Member
Take 2 non foulers on either side. Drill one of them out so that you can screw the O2 sensor all the way in. Stuff a bit of steel wool in the un-drilled one, screw the two non foulers together and install into exhaust

I've heard that works well too if I had to do it over this is the way I would have gone.

AKDMB

Established Member
Sure wish Shaun or some of the other tuners on here would respond and set us all straight about how this could potentially affect a car.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
These are the kind of replies i was looking for... So yeah.... What happened five.slow? What happened after 2000mi?? And rodinator, can you explain your setup? Did you just do the 2 foulers stacked on each side? Whats with the steel wool? You said you had to figure out how much steel wool to put so how much is needed?

I had fouled plugs ad had service engine light on. So I swapped plugs and got a tune. Not saying your car will do the same but why take a chance? Not like it's worth it anyways, really need 10hp? Not really unless you are going for some non tube required world record or something. If that's the case you should speak up lol

liter of cola

Established Member

Sounds like the best bet

Sure wish Shaun or some of the other tuners on here would respond and set us all straight about how this could potentially affect a car.

Thats what i was really hoping for when i started the thread, the tuners on here mess with these cars for a living so i would surley appreciate one of thier opinions on the subject. But i doubt they would want to promote somthing that makes getting a tune for a lot of us pointless. 90% of mustang owners arnt tryna run big power and win races, a lot of us just want a bitchin weakend car or DD and a warranty.

I had fouled plugs ad had service engine light on. So I swapped plugs and got a tune. Not saying your car will do the same but why take a chance? Not like it's worth it anyways, really need 10hp? Not really unless you are going for some non tube required world record or something. If that's the case you should speak up lol

Once again, at the moment im not doing this for the power, i would like to do it for the sound and the sound alone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread