can i run catless w/o a tune?

MKMotorsport

Established Member
I read numerous post with more than enough info to tell you not to do it. Why be hostile when you get answers you do not want to hear? Best to wait till you have the means to do it correctly or don't do it all. As said before try a resonator delete. If you do not like it, change it back and just be happy with it.

+1 Reso delete. I have cats, reso's deleted on stock mid pipes, Flowmaster American Thunder axle back. Ran it with and without the resonators. Deleting the resonators added lots of WOT rasp and the car sounds mean under load. Little lower more pronounced idle, especially cold. NO drone at all. I know exactly what drone is cause I've played with lots of fox-bodies with "racy" exhausts, some deafening.

Your strategy on the cats is backwards. Most guys try to keep their cats as long as possible these days, even as they start making BIG power. I've had a set of cat deletes sitting for a year (and I do my own tuning/ I could put them on any time) but haven't even bothered. Bigger fish to fry, LOL. Since you are not even trying to make power loosing the cats is an extremely misguided way at changing the SOUND of the car.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
Since you are not even trying to make power loosing the cats is an extremely misguided way at changing the SOUND of the car.

How so???? From what i hear deleting cats on the yote is by far one of the best ways of upping the volume by a considerable amount and upping the nastiness (crackling popping sounds)of the exhaust note.

as can be heard in this youtube video, 1 min 11 seconds in for full rev with cats 2 min 22 seconds in for full rev w/o cats its a big difference to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6JzUqVVlVs

Last edited:

nate714

Established Member
He's set on making loud pops and crackles and making the car sound like a tuner car. Nothing wrong with that. (except tuner cars are usually tuned). Catless would pop more than resonator delete, at the cost of overall tone.

Liter of Cola when you do go catless can you make a before and after video? I've heard lots of catless w/o resonator but not too many with resonator in place.

Users who are viewing this thread