Calling out Shaun Perry - time to settle this on the track

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Was it a 3V with a torqshift, or the older 2V with a 4R100? Huge difference. The 4.30 axle helps too.

Mine was a 3v but only had a 4 speed. The 6 speed Tq shift prob makes a huge difference. Mine had 4.10's. Either way the 6.2 in my new truck pulls it way easier. The old truck was good when the ground was level but any more than a 2% incline and it was working waaaaay too hard.

Shaun@AED

Gentlemen,

As a casual observer of the thread and student of history, I'd like to point out that Rule 17 of the Code Duello states very clearly that:

"Rule 17. The challenged chooses his ground; the challenger chooses his distance; the seconds fix the time and terms of firing."

It seems that, if following proper duelling code, that Mr. Perry, as "the challenged" has the right to select his field of battle, which Mr. Danner, as the challenger, is obliged to use.

The American Experience | The Duel | The Code Duello: Rules of Dueling

And for this friendly (but admittedly uninvited) input... you're welcome! :beer:

Semper Fidelis!

Thank you Jake!

Vega, Sema! LOL

wbt

Banned
Let's not forget about JJ. As mentioned in this thread before, Houston is the best location given the participants involved.

faztcobra

Established Member
Let's not forget about JJ. As mentioned in this thread before, Houston is the best location given the participants involved.
As admitted...JJ doesn't have a beef with Shaun. It's between you/KDanner and Shaun...so it should be central to you guys, not in your backyard. That said, I'm in Texas and I'd love to see it here. I'd be more willing to drive my car to S Texas than I would Vegas.

wbt

Banned
As admitted...JJ doesn't have a beef with Shaun. It's between you/KDanner and Shaun...so it should be central to you guys, not in your backyard. That said, I'm in Texas and I'd love to see it here. I'd be more willing to drive my car to S Texas than I would Vegas.

The offer was made to Shaun and JJ (Mike was invited as well who lives in LA)...not just Shaun. The idea was to get the 3 quickest/fastest N/A stock longblock cars together at the same time.

All the points as to why this location was chosen are posted in this thread. I am not going to rehash it for you.:bash:

Either Shaun makes it or not. He has received multiple offers to help with his travel. The ball is in his court. As it stands, JJ and I will be there regardless.

BTW - Vegas is not central to Shaun or I either so that argument is moot.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I do like the idea of a Texas dyno day mixed in with the racing. It is too bad so much distance separates the participants.

Mike

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
flat comedy ! title clear stats calling out shaun no one else.. smh I wanna see this race but jebus c'mon lets call a man out and set everything for us.... You called him out race at vegas and stop cheerleading for wbt's car! your his nut swinger.
yeah im a aed car but i am not taking sides. a race shuts everyone up... but its clear on side is childish about this and one is not.... do it in vegas so its shaun vs wbt as danner called it out and in the middle for them! not whoever you want to throw in the pot now ... stick to your call out. and who has his cheerleader do call outs for em lol

wbt

Banned
flat comedy ! title clear stats calling out shaun no one else.. smh I wanna see this race but jebus c'mon lets call a man out and set everything for us.... You called him out race at vegas and stop cheerleading for wbt's car! your his nut swinger.
yeah im a aed car but i am not taking sides. a race shuts everyone up... but its clear on side is childish about this and one is not.... do it in vegas so its shaun vs wbt as danner called it out and in the middle for them! not whoever you want to throw in the pot now ... stick to your call out. and who has his cheerleader do call outs for em lol

Dumbasses like you are the reason this thread was closed...to further prevent foolish responses. :nonono:

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
why doesnt your foolish ass do the talking then lol instead of having your butt buddy fight for you lol

Bud

Established Member
And here it comes again...

[youtube_browser]GM92dcNLIdw[/youtube_browser]

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
And here it comes again...

tAhas.gif

wbt

Banned
why doesnt your foolish ass do the talking then lol instead of having your butt buddy fight for you lol

If you knew what you were talking about you would see that I have said my fair share.

Recommendation - next time before posting absurdity in a thread, research a little to understand the context. You haven't contributed a thing with your posts outside of inciting turmoil. Time for you to sit back and watch.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
and you dont post anything worth a damn either wbt. dont get mad when someone talks bad about you... you do it too. post what you want about me i dont care that i have a low post count and horrible grammer or punctuation...

this entire thread is useless and i cant believe it hasnt been deleted by now. to sit and call out a site vendor/supporter is bs and should not be tolerated what so ever. kdanner and wbt why dont yall be a sponsor or a vendor? maybe then il call one of you out. why not call out mmr? or they too big in the industry?

bmitchell373

Established Member
and you dont post anything worth a damn either wbt. dont get mad when someone talks bad about you... you do it too. post what you want about me i dont care that i have a low post count and horrible grammer or punctuation...

this entire thread is useless and i cant believe it hasnt been deleted by now. to sit and call out a site vendor/supporter is bs and should not be tolerated what so ever. kdanner and wbt why dont yall be a sponsor or a vendor? maybe then il call one of you out. why not call out mmr? or they too big in the industry?

Adding to the fuel....... lol

Check and Match!!!!!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Adding to the fuel....... lol

Check and Match!!!!!

sorry just pisses me off to see a 30+ yr old dude and his lil friend calling out someone half their age that owns a shop. pretty lame. who really cares if shaun ran in the 10s? at the end of the day shaun will go home to his loving and supportive family as well as the 2 ass hats calling him out. well at least they have a loving and supporting family. if not oh well i will lol. i believe the mods should have stopped this petty crap a long time ago but i wont fight them as they are pretty fair and let a lot of stuff slide. but seriously i believe this thread needs to be completely deleted.

Hub2011

Established Member
I think the original callout was you though, and saying vegas. So per the rules above, wbt chose Houston, and if I'm acting as his second, I chose the time and terms. :burnout:

Apologies for not replying until the (PST) Olympic Ceremonies are nearly over...

KD, fair enough. :) Though I'd merely point out that you didn't attack it quite like that, either in letter or spirit of your first title, and post, for this thread.

I suspect that these types of discussions get misconstrued/miscontorted (often innocently by both sides) over time as we forget what the original discussion point was, until it is convenient for us to remember points salient to our case...

(skip a few leaps in logic...)

It seems to me that if Mr. Perry challenged Mr. WBT (apologies for not knowing your name, kind sir,) but Mr. WBT did not explicitly accept, then that challenge is separate from the one Mr. Danner issued to Mr. Perry.

Now, if Mr. Danner is the second to Mr. WBT, that is certainly a point I don't debate... except I'd point out that it doesn't explain why Mr. Danner issued a second challenge, on behalf of Mr. WBT. I don't think the Code Duello explicitly discussed such a scenario... merely my interpretation, now--but I believe the code expected that he who throws down the guantlet (according to Mr. Danner in his challenge, is Mr. WBT throwing down the guantlet to Mr. Perry,) would only do it in person, himself, in front of the challenged. Thus, one (Mr. Danner) cannot challenge someone (Mr. Perry) on the part of another (Mr. WBT).

That is to say, per the ancient dueling codes, Mr. Danner cannot issue a challenge on behalf of Mr. WBT--Mr. WBT must issue it himself.

Since Mr. Perry has issued a challenge to Mr. WBT, Mr. WBT must choose the time and place. But he has technically entrusted such a decision in the hands of his second, Mr. Danner, who has issued another challenge in return, a technical violation of the Code Duello, as the challenge had already been issued. Mr. Danner would be within rights to recognize Mr. Perry's challenge and declare his (Mr. WBT's) preferred venue, if he did it in such a format to recognize the original challenge from Mr. Perry. He would not be correct to issue a brand-new challenge to Mr. Perry.

So, long road to a small house... Mr. WBT should cite the original challenge from Mr. Perry and declare his preferred battlefield, then declare Mr. Danner as his Second. Mr. Perry should accept or turn down said challenge, and/if upon acceptance, declare his Second.

Should Mr. Danner see fit to publish a separate SVTP thread (as he did) that states "Calling out Shaun Perry - time to settle this on the track" then he (Mr. Danner) must see it as a separate challenge, given the language of said post, or rescind said post and and allow Mr. WBT to re-post the intent to call out Mr. Perry in the first place, as it's own stand-alone post. Or, if the intent is to accept Mr. Perry's original challenge, then that must be made clear up-front. (i.e.: Sir, per your post on xx Month 2012, xx:xxhrs, #xx of thread "xxxxx", where you so challenged me to a race to determine "xxxxxx xxxxx", I do accept your challenge and declare "xxxxxx" as my selected race venue.")

Now in laymen's terms: If Shaun really wanted to challenge WBT, Shaun should post a new thread making this very clear. Alternatively, WBT should dig up said offense/challenge and post a new thread explicitly accepting Shaun's implied challenge. Either way, challenger offers challenge and challenged makes it clear that he accepts. THEN the "seconds" step in and arrange per the intent of the key players. Preferably outside the public forum. Or, the challenger backs down and apologizes, and the challenged then has the option to accept.

Just my opinion and interpretation on the ancient code of duelling. Over to you gents if it means anything in our present context.

:pepper:
Now I'll go back to wondering why my steering wheel is vibrating... probably a damned bent rim. :shrug:

Semper Fidelis!

USA! USA! (We're all on the same team, after all...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread