Calling out Shaun Perry - time to settle this on the track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun@AED

Sorry to hear you wont attend this event Shaun.

Personally I would rather race then work, even if it means driving 2 days to do so.

I know you dont see it from where you stand but these kinds of races are very much worth the effort and time spent. The attention it garners beyond this and other forums is priceless. We might even be able to talk NMRA into allowing us to run heads up as a special "exhibition" event and the magazines will be there to cover it.

We too have obligations and a workload that requires our attention, however with the right planning and forethought its not that hard to get away for a week and go racing. We have attended every NMRA race so far this year and will attend the last two/three. We are able to do that because we budget our time and notify customers that we will be gone. We havent had one complaint yet.

Our racing is like mini vacations for us and its great to get out of your local area to see other people and have them put a face to a name.

We are willing to drive 3200 miles for this and feel it will be a great event, hopefully you will change your mind and attend.

JJ

Believe me, I really do want to race!
It's not the $$$, nor the loss of work. I have personal obligations that require I be home 2 days a week and these obligations far out weigh everything else.

The only way I can see making the event is to have the car trailered out to TX and flying out for the race.

bmitchell373

Established Member
I cant speak for the Texas track, But the Strip is a amazing track. Being a Vegas native and avid Sema attendee. I think that would be an appropriate time, place to have this out. Being Sema week it would benefit anyone in the automotive industry.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Chatted with Danner over PM's and I will NOT make this race in TX.
Simply too far for me to go as I have other more important obligations during the week.
Me driving 29 hours one way to satisfy KDanner/WBT's personal vendetta simply isn't going to happen.

If they want to race, they are going to have to compromise on the location.

Otherwise I'll run 10's (again) when the weather cools off, then gun for JJ's record.

As stated before, Vegas during Sema is a great option IMO.
600 miles for me, 1200 for WBT/Danner + there is the SEMA show and a lot of SVTP supporters will be present.

Nothing left to be discussed.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Just wanted to bring this back up for those who don't understand why it was closed.

The thread was directed at Shaun, and he replied that he was not going to make the "Call out". What else was left to say?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Just wanted to bring this back up for those who don't understand why it was closed.

The thread was directed at Shaun, and he replied that he was not going to make the "Call out". What else was left to say?

Understood. However, I was mentioned and invited by Kris.

I have spoken with Shaun and we have floated the idea of me getting my car as close to his as possible, and I could go and represent AED in this friendly competition. I will be missing some of the things Shaun has, like the extreme weight reduction and probably the ported intake, but I could get close to his weight reduction through judicious removal of non-essential components, like the passenger seat and the axle backs. I would still need to step up to 3.73s, but that is coming as I am pulling those out of the turbo car. If I can make it happen, I am interested in going.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

I have spoken with Shaun and we have floated the idea of me getting my car as close to his as possible, and I could go and represent AED in this friendly competition. I will be missing some of the things Shaun has, like the extreme weight reduction and probably the ported intake, but I could get close to his weight reduction through judicious removal of non-essential components, like the passenger seat and the axle backs. I would still need to step up to 3.73s, but that is coming as I am pulling those out of the turbo car. If I can make it happen, I am interested in going.

Mike

if you go down there, we may make the trip down to hang out and watch. :beer:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

Mike

Understood, but when I have to spend hours watching every minute of a thread to keep it civil..... not worth my time.

Shaun@AED

Close it for now.
I'm still trying to find a way, but as of now it's a no-go.

Shaun@AED

Mike, glad to hear you can probably make it. Shaun, check s197forum, a guy there is offering you free airline tickets if you can get someone else to make the tow.

Not a member...

It's getting the car there that's the big expense. Plus very stressful having a car like this transported commercially. I'd much rather use our enclosed AED trailer and bring the 'crew', but again.....that's one hell of a drive at 55-65MPH.
And would mean completely shutting down the shop for a week.

Last edited:

kdanner

Banned
Clear something up for me, I tow a 30' enclosed trailer behind my 5.4 3V F250, torqshift, 4.30 axle. Trailer weight with the car, golf cart, full load of tools, fuel, etc in there is around 13k pounds. I tow it 75MPH. I'd expect a 7.3 truck would do that easily. California speed limit is 70, then it's 75 the rest of the way except a good portion of Texas is 80. What's holding the truck back?

2331_67358393711_9141_n.jpg

Last edited:

Hub2011

Established Member
Gentlemen,

As a casual observer of the thread and student of history, I'd like to point out that Rule 17 of the Code Duello states very clearly that:

"Rule 17. The challenged chooses his ground; the challenger chooses his distance; the seconds fix the time and terms of firing."

It seems that, if following proper duelling code, that Mr. Perry, as "the challenged" has the right to select his field of battle, which Mr. Danner, as the challenger, is obliged to use.

The American Experience | The Duel | The Code Duello: Rules of Dueling

And for this friendly (but admittedly uninvited) input... you're welcome! :beer:

Semper Fidelis!

stang8psi

Established Member
Tax write off...

"Business trip/advertising."

;-)

^^^This^^^ If I were to own a performance shop this is what they make these breaks for... I always here of evolution,JPC,Brenspeed,JDM,UPR.. they always travel to make events. The way I see it is someone is not ready to give up the I am the best or I have the best N/A 5.0 Title/followers.

bmitchell373

Established Member
And in CA you can only tow a trailer 55. My trip from Vegas to Sacramento I got pulled over about 6 times. There on top of that. Not that changes much but just saying!!

Bud

Established Member
Shaun, see if enough customers in TX would like in person dyno tunes and setup a day or two to justify some cost. Then fly out, do some tuning and meet some customers face to face, then go do some racing :)

SVTPete83

Established Member
Clear something up for me, I tow a 30' enclosed trailer behind my 5.4 3V F250, torqshift, 4.30 axle. Trailer weight with the car, golf cart, full load of tools, fuel, etc in there is around 13k pounds. I tow it 75MPH. I'd expect a 7.3 truck would do that easily. California speed limit is 70, then it's 75 the rest of the way except a good portion of Texas is 80. What's holding the truck back?

2331_67358393711_9141_n.jpg

Damn I had a 5.4 in an f150 that towed my 10k boat and trailer. That thing couldn't get out of its own way. Your shit must be super slow with all that weight!

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Shaun, see if enough customers in TX would like in person dyno tunes and setup a day or two to justify some cost. Then fly out, do some tuning and meet some customers face to face, then go do some racing :)

I think this is a tremendous idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread