Bye bye number 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I think a few of you need to agree to disagree. I'll keep it open as long as it stays civil.

davidhuff

Established Member
That should be the case yes. If it does, it's a manufacturer problem and should be covered under warranty regardless.
I know a few members that have warranty repairs done out of the 21,295 2011 mustang gt made.I feel the #8 failure has been blown way out of proportion.JMO

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I know a few members that have warranty repairs done out of the 21,295 2011 mustang gt made.I feel the #8 failure has been blown way out of proportion.JMO

i agree. thank that one clown. he started that site brokebackmountainmustangs.com

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member

I agree. The only cases I know of that involve a stock car happened after major repairs on other parts of the vehicle.

The rest were early tunes.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Definitely right. Any time the transmission is out, a crank relearn must be done. The work order from having my transmission replaced has a crank relearn on it.

With the sophistication of the new PCM's if something isn't repaired properly, you can certainly cause damage to an engine.

There was a case over at TMS not too long ago of a stock car going in for a transmission replacement and immediately going back after the car was returned for a popped motor. This car as well had the #8 piston fail.

People get hung up on that #8 though. It's the hottest slug in the engine, so it's only natural that it would go first if something wasn't running correctly.

That's pretty interesting right there...

Sosick

Established Member
Ok, so my dealer contacts me and says I have one of eight codes that show up if you've had a tune. I tell him I didn't have a tune but Ford said you did too bad. So he tells me its probably going to be 9k for a new motor. I'm of course pissed and begin to search. I find a tsb that tells dealers if they see one of these codes there is a process to correct it. This tells me that you do not have an aftermarket tune for this to happen... I then speak to a buddy that said "didn't you just get your trans replaced?" I say yes and he mentioned that if something was put back or calibrated it could have caused this issue. Since my damn exhaust wasn't even connected back properly I see that as very possible. Last my service guy calls me today and says that the number seven is messed up too. Now I'm like WTF! I'm going to try and get in there today and take pics. I'm not going to let them blame me for something I didn't do. To those of you that mentioned my other post. The clips weren't in, the whole damn box wasn't open! So drop that. I drive my car like a mustang is to be driven... I never power shift or take it to those extremes. Last if the damn car can't take 87 don't put out there that it can.

SicShelby09

Banned
Ok, so my dealer contacts me and says I have one of eight codes that show up if you've had a tune. I tell him I didn't have a tune but Ford said you did too bad. So he tells me its probably going to be 9k for a new motor. I'm of course pissed and begin to search. I find a tsb that tells dealers if they see one of these codes there is a process to correct it. This tells me that you do not have an aftermarket tune for this to happen... I then speak to a buddy that said "didn't you just get your trans replaced?" I say yes and he mentioned that if something was put back or calibrated it could have caused this issue. Since my damn exhaust wasn't even connected back properly I see that as very possible. Last my service guy calls me today and says that the number seven is messed up too. Now I'm like WTF! I'm going to try and get in there today and take pics. I'm not going to let them blame me for something I didn't do. To those of you that mentioned my other post. The clips weren't in, the whole damn box wasn't open! So drop that. I drive my car like a mustang is to be driven... I never power shift or take it to those extremes. Last if the damn car can't take 87 don't put out there that it can.

That sucks man. I hope it gets figured out for you. I know I would shit if this happened to me. My car is tuned by AED, but I have logged the shit out of it while it was stock and now with the tunes. And from what Shaun told me, it all looks good from the logs. So maybe your car would have survived if it was tuned with a proper tune. Sucks to think about. I know people have logged the stock tune, and the results were surprising. The stock tune showing knock and everything.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
That sucks man. I hope it gets figured out for you. I know I would shit if this happened to me. My car is tuned by AED, but I have logged the shit out of it while it was stock and now with the tunes. And from what Shaun told me, it all looks good from the logs. So maybe your car would have survived if it was tuned with a proper tune. Sucks to think about. I know people have logged the stock tune, and the results were surprising. The stock tune showing knock and everything.
Like my stock tune... lol

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
All this talk about crank relearn if you change the clutch and flywheel. What if you have a procharger like myself and you do a clutch flywheel change. How would you have this relearn done?

Ditty

Established Member
Dude that SUCKS!!! I'd alert them to the fact that you JUST had trans work done and that you suspect that the computer was reset at that time. I know that they (dealers) pull the neg side of the battery anytime any work is done on the car and that is probably what is causing the "soft code" to be thrown. I'd toss that in there and see if they will change their tune. I DO know that these new PCMs have a 'remember' if the computer has been reset.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
if you didnt have a tune ,,id lawyer up and sue there ass!!! thats total B.S ,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:

davidhuff

Established Member
if you didnt have a tune ,,id lawyer up and sue there ass!!! thats total B.S ,,,,,,,,,,
I agree 100%,tell the truth,get a lawyer and sue their ass!
How can you lose if you have a stock tune and no mods to year motor?

Last edited:

grabber blue gt

Established Member
OPPPPP, did you have a tuneeeeee ;]???

If not, flip shit!!!! Like suggested threaten to sue, and if it comes down to it SUE!! Ford really fvked us with these 5.0s and not being able to do anything, and if theyre going to say you did something when you didnt just to get out of fixing something thats bullsh!t.

Hope everything worksout, keep us posted!

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i wonder why they would say u have a tune? Doesnt ford have away to find out for sure? i think they do from what i understand. Once u have a tune, there is no way to clear it. I would try another dealer. i find it hard to believe a dealer would make this up. anything is possiable though.

davidhuff

Established Member
i wonder why they would say u have a tune? Doesnt ford have away to find out for sure? i think they do from what i understand. Once u have a tune, there is no way to clear it. I would try another dealer. i find it hard to believe a dealer would make this up. anything is possiable though.
The PCM is like the BLACK BOX and all the information is stored there if his 5.0 had a aftermarket tune installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread