Bye bye number 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The same reasoning of Ford building a Raptor built for Baja but if you take it to do that and bent the chassis you're SOL! NOW they say the customers are jumping to fast or too high, but what's to fast or too high on a Baja truck?? Lol Ford FTW!!

I have heard ford is fixing some of those raptors but they will only do it once an telling them they drive it at there own risk after the fix. But I agree ford told everyone to beat the Hell out of the raptor it will take everything you throw at it. People just found a design flaw which hope ford will fix down the road. The raptor an the new mustang 5.0 are still great vehicles. There just new an with anything new there are bugs to find out an fix.

Last edited:

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
They said they aren't fixing it. I will now look into a lawyer and into an engine. Can't have my car not running, it's my daily... Anybody want to recommend a shop? Im sure they can build me an upgraded motor for less than the 9k Ford said. This really blows that Ford knows there are issues as seen in their own releases but they don't want to fix the cars. Aside from that, why build a car that they are now putting track packs etc on and you don't want people to mod cars. Hell I should have got a tune, at least I would understand what's going on now.

Probably shouldn't have modded your only car/daily driver. Sucks, but that's the double-edged sword of modification. Sorry to hear of your issue. :shrug:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Probably shouldn't have modded your only car/daily driver. Sucks, but that's the double-edged sword of modification. Sorry to hear of your issue. :shrug:

He is saying he did not tune it. All it seems he has is a k&n stock replacement filter an gt500 mufflers. We still don't know all the facts 100%. Most things in this thread are speculations because there is no proof on either side.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
He is saying he did not tune it. All it seems he has is a k&n stock replacement filter an gt500 mufflers. We still don't know all the facts 100%. Most things in this thread are speculations because there is no proof on either side.

I don't know, seems to me that if he truly hadn't modified it, there wouldn't be an issue here. The technicians at most Ford dealerships aren't dummies. They've certainly seen modified cars before, and know what to look for. That they are blaming this on him tells me that something they saw on his car made them believe it's been modified.

I mean, he's not the first guy to have a new transmission put in, or hell, even have the battery disconnected. So clearly, they saw something beyond that that suggests modification, and voided his warranty as a result. :shrug:

Last edited:

grabber blue gt

Established Member
I don't know, seems to me that if he truly hadn't modified it, there wouldn't be an issue here. The technicians at most Ford dealerships aren't dummies. They've certainly seen modified cars before, and know what to look for. That they are blaming this on him tells me that something they saw on his car made them believe it's been modified.

I mean, he's not the first guy to have a new transmission put in, or hell, even have the battery disconnected. So clearly, they saw something beyond that that suggests modification, and voided his warranty as a result. :shrug:

Got a point there. I read somewhere that they denied replacing a broken mt82 cause the guy had a lot less tread on the rear tires than the front and found rubber in the wheel well.

IDK though cause its like pulling teeth to get info out of OP. :bash::bash::bash::bash:

They dont just say were not fixing it, and not have a reason. If they say you have a tune they need to prove you have a tune. Did the dealer send your PCM to ford? Cause thats what theyre SUPPOSED to do this way ford can check for themselves if there has been a tune on the car.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Got a point there. I read somewhere that they denied replacing a broken mt82 cause the guy had a lot less tread on the rear tires than the front and found rubber in the wheel well.

IDK though cause its like pulling teeth to get info out of OP. :bash::bash::bash::bash:

They dont just say were not fixing it, and not have a reason. If they say you have a tune they need to prove you have a tune. Did the dealer send your PCM to ford? Cause thats what theyre SUPPOSED to do this way ford can check for themselves if there has been a tune on the car.

I don't think they send it to Ford, but rather have the FSE (field service engineer) distinguish this.

Not much else to discuss, and does not appear that we are going to get anymore useful information regarding his warranty denial. OP has stated that he is being denied warranty, already went to the Customer Service level, and is now considering a build.

Last edited:

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
Op check your paper work on your trans service and see if a crank relearn was dunn if not let us know

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Cant bielive this thread has made it 10 pages with no hard information on this current situation or how it came to be backed by legitamate reasoning from Ford.

favor for those just tuning.

Sosick blew #8
his mod list, nor himself claims he was tuned
Ford is denying warranty work

4.6+5.0

Established Member
My car got hit on the front driver side quarter panel on Xmas day. Had to get the hood, quarter panel, front fascia and other things replaced. Pretty sure they disconnected the battery cause my clock was reset and dash timer was reset. Should I be concerned about this crank relearn thing?

RFM50

Established Member
OP I really hope your telling the truth about not having a tune because if you do have a tune and this happend you could be helping a lot of people on here by telling them what tune you we're running. So we all can stay away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread