Built engine time.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Well the car is idling at 3k on cold start. So I shut it off and checked TPS voltage, it was .51volts, so I got it up to .56 volts, I emailed Lund and let them know, hopefully they can fix the issue.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Go figure the used KB168 is a dud or at least that's what Lund told me, so I now have a brand new on order and new electronics.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Ugh lame

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yeah I wasn't thrilled, but I knew it was a gamble buying a used one. Now I have a brand new one.
Just buy the vmp 163R and be done with it

Send the kb168 to KB, they'll fix it. They fixed mine
I hadn't considered the 163R, and I already have a brand new KB168 on its way, does Lund have a easy time tuning the 163R?
Whipple is king!!
My current whipple mono blade has been great, but with my PMAS 149 it necks down a lot with the whipple T/B, with the KB168 it fits perfect.
what made them determine the TB is bad ??
I asked Lund that same question and he said if it's idling at 3k it's the T/B not the tune, and after working with Lund for all these years he's usually not wrong.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's great that you're getting a brand new KB168. Let us know how everything went after you install it.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
I hadn't considered the 163R, and I already have a brand new KB168 on its way, does Lund have a easy time tuning the 163R?
You shouldnt have to buy a new one. If you did, send KB the old one, fix and sell it. 163r is on my car, tunes fine, no issues.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The best cams for the 13-14 GT500!!!JDM CAMS rule!!
They're beast cams for sure, driveability is a little crazy, but they make big power.
Outstanding work. Car is a fookin beast. You must never ever sell.

So bad ass.

Enjoy driving it!
Thank you, I have no interest in ever selling her. I just want to add a Viper next to her eventually.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Just passed 500 miles on the new engine, so far everything is good, I also switched to corsa xtremes, she sounds pretty pissed off now.
Yessir! She will wake the living dead!

Small kids and dogs use caution walking by the air intake, could be sucked into the huge air pump.

Looks beautiful and congrats. Def one of a kind.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yessir! She will wake the living dead!

Small kids and dogs use caution walking by the air intake, could be sucked into the huge air pump.

Looks beautiful and congrats. Def one of a kind.
I'm sure my neighbors already hate me lol. But whatever I don't drive it much.
Looking and SOUNDING amazing buddy!
Have you been able to drive it hard yet?
-J
Thanks J, I've finally started having some fun with her and I hit 500 miles and finished my 2,500 to 5k WOT run, pulls good for a base tune, I had some knock between 4k to 5k, I'm sure Lund will make the adjustments needed or worst case I go back to E85 early. Overall I'm happy, it's just been a lot of work. As you know lol.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Understanding you're still on the base tune, could you provide more details on your statement :
" They're beast cams for sure, driveability is a little crazy, " .....thanks..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Understanding you're still on the base tune, could you provide more details on your statement :
" They're beast cams for sure, driveability is a little crazy, " .....thanks..

I'd be interested in OP's thoughts BUT--

Every cam'd car ive driven lost low speed drivability compared to stock meaning, it will have the tendency to buck or hiccup lugging it around slowly. You have to learn to use the clutch around parking lots to keep the car running.

Also, traffic jams on the highway will become a nightmare.

this gets worse with more aggressive cams, ... the milder cams (NSR) and the like should not suffer from this as much.

Users who are viewing this thread