Built engine time.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Well I did a bad job taking pictures of installing the engine, it went good for the most part, overall the car is running good, especially for just a base tune. More updates to come.
I know the wait sucked, Steve, but that sound (and the performance to come) are well-worth it. Looking forward to updates...

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Bad to the bone!
Listen to that beast.
She’s a looker too.
-J
Thanks J, it sounds amazing in person, but man she needs a good detail lol.
Sounds mean, that car is going to fly
Thanks again Justin
I know the wait sucked, Steve, but that sound (and the performance to come) are well-worth it. Looking forward to updates...
Thanks Norton, hopefully the breakin goes by fast so I can see what this monster makes.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow..sounds real good and healthy. Oh boy..got me wanting to spend money. Great.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Thanks man, It's definitely not cheap to build a 5.8 lol, but I'm happy how it turned out. Now to try and put 500 miles on it asap.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn i need cams. Sounds fire dude thats that good good chop
Thanks man, I've always wanted a cammed GT500, I was actually torn between the L&M NSR cams or the JDM super stock cams.
Freaking love the CF10s....

Sick ass machine!!
Thank you, I'm really happy I got the CF10 wheels, I don't see them very often on GT500s, especially with the new rotors and painted calipers, it looks amazing.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So I have about 250 miles on the new setup, I decided to ditch the small whipple mono blade for a KB168 hopefully it works good with the PMAS 149, now I need to remember how to adjust the tps voltage.
51855814479_047a2be344_c.jpg

51855567198_ece73be183_c.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh the dreaded tps lol that engine bay is insanely clean
Lund sent the tune over this morning for it. For I know it work perfect, but I'm also prepared that I'll have to adjust the TPS, I know it's supposed to be set at .59 volts for the 168, I just don't remember what two wires to check to verify the voltage lol. But there's only 4, so I'll figure it out.
That intake is sick
Couldn't agree more lol, I'm happy I got one.

Users who are viewing this thread