Built engine time.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I appreciate the feed back on the splitter, I may consider going with that, I also like this one as well.

Agreed, the only downside is Shelby won't let anyone copy their discontinued products
I have this AC front splitter ‘13-14 OEM style but still skittish to put it on. Great quality product.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have this AC front splitter ‘13-14 OEM style but still skittish to put it on. Great quality product.
-J
I fully understand your worries, if I every get another super snake splitter I'll probably never put it on lol

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Im confused about wich one is better the shelby competition HE or the VMP ‍
I have the shelby competition in my 2013 SS and it works great. These work best in hot climates. You really cant go wrong with either one. VMP makes good products and there triple HE works good too.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Im confused about wich one is better the shelby competition HE or the VMP ‍
The Shelby Competition unit had a lot of R&D by Shelby and C&R for the Shelby1000. I would say the Shelby unit is a better heat exchanger than the VMP unit but the VMP unit is definitely easier to install and what I mean by that is the wiring harness is plug and play for the fans on the VMP unit, with the Shelby unit you have to do all the wiring yourself. I personally wanted a Shelby unit. But the VMP unit will do the same job.

ali_gt500

The Shelby Competition unit had a lot of R&D by Shelby and C&R for the Shelby1000. I would say the Shelby unit is a better heat exchanger than the VMP unit but the VMP unit is definitely easier to install and what I mean by that is the wiring harness is plug and play for the fans on the VMP unit, with the Shelby unit you have to do all the wiring yourself. I personally wanted a Shelby unit. But the VMP unit will do the same job.
Thank you so much for your reply I think i will go with the shelby Competition HE then

Users who are viewing this thread