Brand new 2012 coming in for few mods and a big ass turbo

CPRsm

Pretty close. Just finishing up loose ends. A bit farther along than this. Upper hose is done, blanket is on, oil lines run, etc. Can't wait to see the down pipe change colors.
ohsoclose.jpg

Last edited:

CPRsm

She's starting to turn w just idle time lol. Soon she'll be gorgeous. It'll take some pulls to get the DP to change though.
Goldheader.jpg

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
holy shit, i was banking on at least two more years before we would ever hear an engine running:lol1:

:D awesome to hear it start up, looking forward to more!!!

CPRsm

holy shit, i was banking on at least two more years before we would ever hear an engine running:lol1:

:D awesome to hear it start up, looking forward to more!!!
Man if you only knew. Felt like longer than that. Every time I turned around there was something else that had to be done before I started the thing. LOL But thanx guys. A few more teething problems and were good.

So far I hate drive by wire lol. The intake and cams are making a bit difficult for the amateur. The throttle tries to open and the ECU sees more air than expected, you're not getting shit.
Got the stuff today for the new crank trigger so I have to take a lot of the turbo kit off make a mount and get it all situated. Should be able to do all that tmrw, and check the rpm on the mega squirt.

Car's gotten a mile or two on it. Needed to fill it up. Not a bad drive, just need to get the drive by wire figured out.
missingnose.jpg

goldheaders2.jpg

goldheaders.jpg

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
The drive by wire was an issue early on for the IS300's who went NA-T as well.

I had a Tec3 running the motor, PCS transmission controller for the transmission, and the stock multiplex ECU for the rest, all playing nice together on mine, so I have an idea on what you're going through lol.

As always good luck on a speedy and great finish. Keep the updates rollling!

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
i giggled when i read "pass emissions" in the video description, good luck with that one buddy

Keep up the good work dustin, looks like i may have to come down and bother you one of these days and gawk at the giant snails that seem to be nesting in all of your engine bays.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Should have this kit installed along with a 2013 gt500 front end in 3-4 weeks. Can't wait to get it in and get it on the dyno!!

CPRsm

Not convinced it's my kung fu yet. Been having some sensors issues for sure, and think that's played the part. Just waiting for the new ones to see if that's what it is. ECU locked up during a tune load and a few hrs on the ph w SCT and it couldn't be figured so it was sent in w the tuner. Dead in the water as of right now. Hoping it gets sent back today if they figure it out. SCT has been kick ass on the customer service, but still frustrating as hell. I didn't have any of these problems tuning my 500 and it made great power, so hopefully it's not me lol. Just a shitty waiting game at the moment.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Not convinced it's my kung fu yet. Been having some sensors issues for sure, and think that's played the part. Just waiting for the new ones to see if that's what it is. ECU locked up during a tune load and a few hrs on the ph w SCT and it couldn't be figured so it was sent in w the tuner. Dead in the water as of right now. Hoping it gets sent back today if they figure it out. SCT has been kick ass on the customer service, but still frustrating as hell. I didn't have any of these problems tuning my 500 and it made great power, so hopefully it's not me lol. Just a shitty waiting game at the moment.

I hope they don't get it back to you so can finish my kit!

CPRsm

LOL! Both sets of headers are done and working on finishing some x overs :banana: I know Shannon is itching pretty bad to get his car on the rack also. Me thinks the owner of the this one has run out of finger nails to chew on :cuss:

CPRsm

With parts still out and on the fritz we are just waiting, which really sux. But I thought I'd show another card I had up my sleeve. I made room and can make provisions in the kit for a spool valve. For those of you who want your cake and eat it, too. Small fast spooling turbo down low, big end, big turbo up top.

A 3/4in spacer in the jig, the same as a spool valve. You can get the kit with or without the space made for it.

spoolvalvespacer.jpg

This is a reason I chose the frame turbo I did also. This is it's basic construction.

images

Here you can see a split scroll, and an open version.

adaptor5.jpg

The spool valve will block half of the housing at lower speeds which will increase the velocity of the gas into the turbo spooling the turbo faster. The solenoid will open it at a set point returning the turbo back to normal operation before back pressure becomes too high to make any power.

36434.jpg

This is similar to what most big turbo imports are seeing. Should be helpful on these foot braking car since there are no transbrakes for the 6r80's. The white one is spaced for a spool valve juuust incase

monsterpost

Established Member
Someone is always out there thinking of ways to make more power; never heard of this before. Quicker spool = more power, right?

BTrinanes

Established Member
Someone is always out there thinking of ways to make more power; never heard of this before. Quicker spool = more power, right?

Kinda... Means more power sooner but approx the same peak power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPRsm

Exactly. It just kick start the turbine in spooling. For those guy who want PD torque. IDK if I would use one on the base turbo to be honest. Could get a bit silly lol. But it's there for guys like this who are going to try to foot brake into the low 1.4's w/o a trans brake.

keoni1984

Established Member
I hope they don't get it back to you so can finish my kit!
LOL!!
LOL! Both sets of headers are done and working on finishing some x overs :banana: I know Shannon is itching pretty bad to get his car on the rack also. Me thinks the owner of the this one has run out of finger nails to chew on :cuss:
Itching, scratching, pulling hair, punching babies.... LOL, Ok, maybe not punching babies, but who wouldn't want this kit on their 5.0?!!
You've actually been moving right along with our kits. It's obvious that you've been burning that midnight oil! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread