Brand new 2012 coming in for few mods and a big ass turbo

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Hah, I bought a couple turbos from Larry at Sound Performance.

Are you planning on doing the twin scroll housing on yours? I know usually they are used to address many of the drawbacks of single-scroll turbo systems by separating those cylinders whose exhaust gas pulses interfere with each other.

CPRsm

Hah, I bought a couple turbos from Larry at Sound Performance.

Are you planning on doing the twin scroll housing on yours? I know usually they are used to address many of the drawbacks of single-scroll turbo systems by separating those cylinders whose exhaust gas pulses interfere with each other.

I've seen it argued both ways. I honestly don't know. I've even seen it argued that if the back pressure is the same w an open and divided, they spool the same based on how it works it's all out the window for us because of the banks merging. But this frame is full of turbine and housing selections and we're not stuck w a 3in down pipe. Not sure which I'll run as a base yet.

CPRsm

Not much. SCT's engineers got the ecu to look at the 12th of this month. It took them 18 days get us an new ecu. No tune, no work. Just get us an ECU back here. The staff is nice enough but they have a SERIOUS organization problem over there. A true cluster. I am finally back to where I was 3 weeks ago. I have a few things to put back on to start playing again.

BTrinanes

Established Member
sooo whatever happened to this car? Is it complete yet?

It's back home now an finally put back together. I'm weeding through a bunch of little issues but almost there. Hoping to have it tuned soon my fingers are crossed. But here she is all together.

photo1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BTrinanes

Established Member
Let me guess, drive by wire or cam control?

I wish it was that lol.. I havent gotten that far yet. I have a whole bunch of little things to fix from oil leaks to bad paint. I just about done so off to the dyno soon I hope.

BTrinanes

Established Member
I thought it was rear main too but it's the oil pan on mine. I was never sealed up good enough at the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPRsm

Soon. The tuner is supposed to call him today about his appt to go out to tune it. Tuners a few hrs away. We're pretty excited from the way the car has acted w a load on the street w gate pressure. Initial pulls showed a lot of promise. We'll see what she does w another 20 psi lol.

Users who are viewing this thread