Brake cooling ducts

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ready to roll. Guys PM or email me if you want a set of backing plates.

mpp97sst@hotmail dot com

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
Received my ducts yesterday. Great customer service and excellent build quality!

I can't wait to install them in a few weeks (when the rest of my parts arrive).

wheelhopper

Established Member
If you do make these again, is there any chance you can have the inlet altered to keep the air in the hat and not on the rotor face? I had some early cracking with the second gen design and took them off.

If so, it would be good marketing to take a pic looking into the inlet showing the portion of the rotor being fed the air.

Ideally it will be all going into the hat vents. This will be an important functional update if enacted.

I never thought about this Jimmy, but I have a tendency to crack rotors after about 3-4 track days. I tried 3-4 different brands and it did not make a difference what rotor I used. I finally settled on Advance Auto Parts, cause they have a 2 year warranty and I could replace them a couple times before they tell me to pound sand. I'll have to look at my mounting plate design.

Ready to roll. Guys PM or email me if you want a set of backing plates.

mpp97sst@hotmail dot com

This is great news Anthony. Glad to hear your back in business. I also think that supplying just the mounting plates is a good idea. Since you don't make any $ off the hoses there is no need for you to add extra work to your schedule, and I don't mind ordering the hoses myself to keep the price down. I only have 1 Mustang left that does not have your kit. Just not sure if my '95R garage queen needs it.

vertigyn

Established Member

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I never thought about this Jimmy, but I have a tendency to crack rotors after about 3-4 track days. I tried 3-4 different brands and it did not make a difference what rotor I used. I finally settled on Advance Auto Parts, cause they have a 2 year warranty and I could replace them a couple times before they tell me to pound sand. I'll have to look at my mounting plate design.

So then it is more of a rotor issue than the design of the backing plates?

What rotors have you used?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
wheelhopper - have you tried cryo treated rotors? Supposedly they are more resilient to cracking and track abuse.

Forget trying to save him. He's part of our group, and we've shown him how he can get way more life out of his rotors.
But he must have a thing for a cashier there and keeps getting his rotors replaced every couple months. :burn:

wheelhopper

Established Member
If I have used several brands and they all have cracked, why would it be an issue with the rotors? They are all cracking. I am not the only one. We have another guy in our group that would do the same thing. The common factor with the both of us is that we are using the PBR calipers.

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
Here's my install pictures:
20100531 Brake Duct Install pictures by vertigyn - Photobucket

I used "Assorted-RE206 - Brake Duct Inlet, 1 Hole - 3" X 7.75" SKU: RE206" from Howe Racing:
Howe Racing Enterprises - Assorted

I had to cut them a little bit to get them to fit but they worked great. I'm no longer using them as I switched to a '01 Cobra bumper, though.

Thanks for the advice. I ordered the inlets and am going to get everything installed next weekend.

Did you fix the inlets at the top or just at the bottom? Did not fixing them at the top cause any air flow issues (air escaping through the top)?

Users who are viewing this thread