Brake cooling ducts

azsvtcobra

Established Member
99COBRA2881,
Kind of a long thread but I'm interested in brake cooling for 97 Cobra. What's the latest status on your operation?

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
I bought the brake ducts with foglight adapters sometime last year from Anthony for my 98 cobra and just got around to installing them. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to rout the piping
1zogrgw.jpg

2vjosvq.jpg

2rxfxw1.jpg

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have to ask, what type of brake duct hose are you using? It looks like dryer vent tubing. LOL!

Get yourself some real brake duct tubing. It will hold up better and the tech inspectors won't laugh when they see it. Here is what I like.
Allstar Performance ALL42150 : Allstar Performance 3" Single Ply Thermoplastic Rubber Wall Brake Duct Hose - 275 Degree Rated - 10 Ft. - Black

It looks like your routing is pretty good.

I like Anthony's cooling duct mounts. I think they need to be modified to direct the air more to the center of the rotor, opposed to blowing evenly on the inner face of the rotor. The easiest would be to cut a piece of sheet metal and close off the upper portion of the opening.

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
I have to ask, what type of brake duct hose are you using? It looks like dryer vent tubing. LOL!

Get yourself some real brake duct tubing. It will hold up better and the tech inspectors won't laugh when they see it. Here is what I like.
Allstar Performance ALL42150 : Allstar Performance 3" Single Ply Thermoplastic Rubber Wall Brake Duct Hose - 275 Degree Rated - 10 Ft. - Black

It looks like your routing is pretty good.

I like Anthony's cooling duct mounts. I think they need to be modified to direct the air more to the center of the rotor, opposed to blowing evenly on the inner face of the rotor. The easiest would be to cut a piece of sheet metal and close off the upper portion of the opening.

Haha don't be jealous of my dryer ducts lol. Thanks for the link but I'm a college student building a race car. Tech can laugh all the want as long as long as they let me on the track. I'm about to start a how to webpage called broke ass engineering. Order your dryer/brake ducts today for $3.99 shipped, and fix all you home and car heating and cooling needs!!!:banana:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Haha don't be jealous of my dryer ducts lol. Thanks for the link but I'm a college student building a race car. Tech can laugh all the want as long as long as they let me on the track. I'm about to start a how to webpage called broke ass engineering. Order your dryer/brake ducts today for $3.99 shipped, and fix all you home and car heating and cooling needs!!!:banana:

If you're on that tight of a budget, I would use some 3" RV sewer hose from Wally World. It worked great on my '07 GT500 for four years.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Will buy sewer hose and post new pics...can't believe I didn't think of that. I'm thinking if I leave some raw sewage in there it might cool down the air flowing over and help with temps?

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I just got done replacing one of my hoses that had gotten chewed up.

I'm using Allstar's 300 degree hoses and damn, it was a SOB to get off - that was surprising. So getting the new hose on was an SOB x2.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Will buy sewer hose and post new pics...can't believe I didn't think of that. I'm thinking if I leave some raw sewage in there it might cool down the air flowing over and help with temps?

have you seen pics where people blocked off part of the duct directing more air to the center of the rotor?

I have the same plates and was thinking about doing that to mine

quick86

el Guapo
Established Member
Not sure if these are available still or not but would love to buy them! tried contacting the guy mentioned in the thread via email phone and pm but getting no response :(

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I'm currently out of stock on the backing plates. I'm working to make the current design better with block off shields to keep air flow off the inside face of the rotor. I'd also like to make the switch to all aluminum construction but I'm having trouble finding an economical supplier for 3" aluminum thin wall tubing.

I will see what I can get done here over the next few weeks.

quick86

el Guapo
Established Member
Agreed. Looking forward to getting a set for my fox w/ sn95 spindles n cobra brakes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread