Brake cooling ducts

vertigyn

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. I ordered the inlets and am going to get everything installed next weekend.

Did you fix the inlets at the top or just at the bottom? Did not fixing them at the top cause any air flow issues (air escaping through the top)?

They are fixed at the top and bottom using the stock fog light mounting screws/holes. I forget why I added the silver braces - guess I thought they were needed to help secure the ducts.

Last edited:

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
My girlfriend lives off 494 a few blocks north of 1314 before the road closure so that would be convenient, I'm going over there after work today. I'll grab em from you. She's like the closest apartment complex to RP lol

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
Has anyone had any success finding inlets to fit the small openings in a Saleen front bumper? I've been wanting to add brake ducts to my car but don't know how/where I'm going to attach the inlets.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Has anyone installed mesh over the bumper inlets to prevent debris from getting into the duct?

I did this on my race car, pretty simple install. I used some 1/4" wire mesh cut to approx the shape of the housing and bent the excess wire around the plastic foglight housing then reinstalled the housing in the bumper. I rattle canned the mesh black before installing it.

For the Saleen front bumper, Id look at some of the NACA inlets to find a square one that will fit the square opening. Measure the openings and then post the dimensions up here and I'll do some looking to help you find something that will work and look good too.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I had also put some mesh over my inlets, but after a year of having gravel and rubber thrown at them they were bent to hell and falling off so I ended up removing it.
Find something strong and attach it well!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Hello just wondering if your Brake Duct kit works with an 07 GT 500? Thanks.

My backing plates do not but Im finally planning on a re-design this winter and will design a 05+ mustang kit this winter. Finally getting a few 05+ mustangs around here in BFE Kansas. :nonono: Tough to design a backing plate with out a car here to mock things up to.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I'm going to do a redesign on the backing plates and possibly up the backing plate/hose size to 4", this is mostly due to the opening on the 99/01 cobra bumper bezel only measuring 2.75" while the foglight opening is closer to 4".

I also noticed after the last race at MPH the white "BREMBO" lettering on my 4Piston Cobra R calipers is now a lighter shade of tan. I'm also thinking about routing the 3" hose behind the spindle to cool the caliper itself.

Stay tuned. :beer:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Put a ziptie around the tie rod but dont tighten it down yet. Place another ziptie around the ducting and thread it through the zip tie on the tie rod.

I think the zip ties on mine are about 6" inside the tie rod end. Leave the zipties loose enough so you can adjust them if needed and turn the wheels lock to lock.

The zip tie on the control arm will help the ducting move with the steering. Be sure the leave enough slack to allow the ducting to move when the wheel is turned.

Hope this helps.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ive got one set of backing plates left. $75 shipped!!

The kit includes 2- backing plates, 14 zipties, hardware and install instructions with detailed hose routing.

I accept Paypal check or money order.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Im going through a redesign. Ive done it before from the original design.

I hope to develop a 4" true race duct setup and an Open track 3" setup.

Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread