BMR Suspension Breaking into the 79-04 Mustang Market! Sneak Pic K-Member Pic

BMR Tech

These things are tanks. Built for Baja1000 - JKJK.

Still quite a bit lighter than OEM, and will perform much better with the free floating inner sleeve design with 95 durometer Poly bushings.

Attachments

• OEM vs BMR Prototype.jpg
    OEM vs BMR Prototype.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 293

BMR Tech

OH - we are making them. We are making allllll the things. We have some very cool stuff in the works!

Pricing, our pricing is always great. We feel that our products are consistently among the best per dollar you can acquire.

04cobra88

Established Member
I'm not sure if it's me or not but doesn't your control arm look to be shorter then stock ? The rear mounting points are lined up and the front looks to be a good inch shorter then stock ?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm definitely interested. There's a couple things I'm not overly thrilled about with my current K member.

BMR Tech

I'm not sure if it's me or not but doesn't your control arm look to be shorter then stock ? The rear mounting points are lined up and the front looks to be a good inch shorter then stock ?

It's just an illusion. The left OEM piece is closer (higher) to the camera, and the right proto piece is lower. Combine that with the lens being on the left side of the phone - it looks shorter.

We will have long and short version, based on the OEM stuff (fox, then 94+)

As for the other comments, keep in mind these are prototypes. These are built to confirm the fixture is sufficient...in terms of matching the OEM mounting locations and for test fitting and checking. All the fun stuff comes a little later. Sway bar mounts, gussets, engine mounts, rack mounts, tube path changes etc etc etc

MT0911

Established Member
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Been wanting a change from my current k-member.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
I cant wait.

I will buy this!

Especially since you will offer those nice control arms, and I don't have to go coilover.

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
When you all get it finished, I would love to see some weight comparisons to stock.

BMR Tech

The arms pictured, according to modeling and some preliminary measurements, are going to be approximately 4.5lbs lighter than stock per side. So about 9lbs savings as a pair.

Not much - but when you consider the additional benefits, any weight loss is good.

They will come with Pro Forged grease-able ball joints, be 4.5~lbs lighter per side, have much less deflection and offer much better performance. Oh and, servicing them will be easy peasy!

AznPrswayzn

Established Member
I think it's awesome that you guys are coming in here and showing us what's coming as well as asking what we'd like out of a k-member. I like what I'm seeing so far and when the final product is available I'll most likely be buying one.

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
The arms pictured, according to modeling and some preliminary measurements, are going to be approximately 4.5lbs lighter than stock per side. So about 9lbs savings as a pair.

Not much - but when you consider the additional benefits, any weight loss is good.

They will come with Pro Forged grease-able ball joints, be 4.5~lbs lighter per side, have much less deflection and offer much better performance. Oh and, servicing them will be easy peasy!

That's great, any weight savings on the K member?

Users who are viewing this thread