BMR Suspension Breaking into the 79-04 Mustang Market! Sneak Pic K-Member Pic

BMR Tech

Really happy with these thus far. This is still in prototyping phase, but expect the production STOCK REPLACEMENT A-Arms to look like this.

This is the final "design" basically...and tweaking the first phase of the fixture that we will be welding them on.

This A-Arm, we will offer for all 79-04 models...and they are a direct OE replacement - that will perform much better, be lighter, and tough as nails! This will be a good design for almost everyone....from road course and Auto X to daily drivers, restorations and the drag race street cars that are just looking for a super high quality A-Arm.

Yes, we are also working on the bare-bone Coilover Arms too.

Attachments

• Jig 1.jpg
    Jig 1.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 422
  • Jig 2.jpg
    Jig 2.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
any chance on adding options for bushing material. Many and myself prefer delrin over poly and dont forget greasable points with groves in the bushings.

BMR Tech

Building first batches of the 79-04 LCAs. So nice, so so nice. ;)

Attachments

• 1st Batch.jpg
    1st Batch.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 402
  • Fixturing.jpg
    Fixturing.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 376
  • LCA1.jpg
    LCA1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 360
  • LCA2.jpg
    LCA2.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 377
  • LCA3.jpg
    LCA3.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 380
  • LCA4.jpg
    LCA4.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 411
  • LCA5.jpg
    LCA5.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 391
  • LCA6.jpg
    LCA6.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 402

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Have you ever considered doing an SLA? Something around $3k. Would be a killer...I think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Badasssapper67

Established Member
Wanted to let you know there is a market leaning towards handling while being strong enough to handle pot holes and public highway conditions. Personally, I don't care about a cushy ride I just don't want the K member cracked. Right now Im looking at Griggs and MM but would like to see another choice if it comes to market some time soon. Will be looking at a full kit, not interested in running stock a arms.......

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Maybe you posted it before, maybe not.
What will you guys offer for the rear suspension...Torque Arm, panhard bar, Watts link??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMR Tech

Our prototypes laid out for comparison / to show you guys.

First set, super heavy-duty...will be the best overall A-Arm we offer, and work as a direct stock replacement.

Second set, the masses. This will be the most popular offering for those who stray away from the stock spring style. This is basically a SIMPLE, light and super strong design that will be meant for most - and good all-around.

Third set, racers! These are built with light in mind, adjust-ability and superior articulation for the most effective suspension set-up. These will likely be the go to offering for the drag racers....but they will likely hold up well for anyone.

Slowly but surely!
3 sets.jpg

BMR Tech

Forgot to add - we will have the 79-93 and 94+ lengths....and also have a standard height AND tall ball joint offerings for each of the styles shown. ;)

BMR Tech

Today is interesting. lol.

Apparently one of our competitors is not happy about us breaking into this market. They were all over Facebook already claiming all of our products are copies of theirs. I find it interesting, to say the least.

BMR Tech

I know this does not apply to you IRS folks, but I want to keep all of our 79-04 Development in one thread on here.

Here are our new On Car Adjustable UCAs. Poly Bushing with 1" center sleeves, and a 3/4" CM Rod-End Version with Stainless Steel Sleeves. 1/4" rear clevis and gusseted for superior strength.

Nice, simple and to the point. I like them.

Bearing DA Arm.jpg
Poly DA Arm.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
BMR (Kelly)

Could you shoot me a message / email with more info on these pieces? Release date / pricing / etc.

Got an 03 cobra personally and would love to get this stuff on the car.

email is josh@injectedengineering

Aric says I'm crazy for selling my 2015 for an 03, but my 03 needs love too!!

BMR Tech

I could possibly swing some sort of group buy. It really just depends on what part it is, and how much interest there is.

We are going to be pricing the parts very very competitively to start, so I am not 100% sure how much we could do on the discount, but I think I could make it appealing.

I will have more updates soon!

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I could possibly swing some sort of group buy. It really just depends on what part it is, and how much interest there is.

We are going to be pricing the parts very very competitively to start, so I am not 100% sure how much we could do on the discount, but I think I could make it appealing.

I will have more updates soon!

It would be awesome if you could! Me and a buddy will be purchasing one for sure.

BMR Tech

Over 30 years since the chassis was release to the public, and I was not able to find a nice quality set of LCA that featured a Poly/Bearing combo....with spring seats and sway-bar mounts - that is ON-CAR ADJUSTABLE. So, we built them. Took a little bit of work, but they turned out FANTASTIC.

We placed the massive 95 Duro Poly bushing end on the side with the spring loads....instead of the bearing on that end, to help reduce any sort of fatigue that could be introduced into the smaller bearing threaded portion. Anyways, enough talk, check these things out! #winning!

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/products/TCA055_image1_large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread