BMR Suspension Breaking into the 79-04 Mustang Market! Sneak Pic K-Member Pic

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
So much for breaking into the 79-04 market
Wish I could say this is surprising. There was a thread on the S197 forum about a watts link. I'm pretty sure it spanned years. They make good products, but they're not the fastest.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Sorry guys. I've been Level5000 overwhelmed.

2018 has been very busy with extremely large growth in our '79-'04 segment (those spring pocket a-arms are impossible to keep up with demand), record growth for the company and we are also in the middle of a year long manufacturing facility upgrade. The much larger place and more equipment should really help alleviate our growing pains!

Our K-Member development was placed on hold for a bit, but we are working relentlessly to get back on it and get it finalized.

Steve Turner (Editor Turner) came and visited me the other day and shot some good images of our "stock style" K-Member development. He should be releasing the article soon and I will be posting it in this thread instantly!

Please bare with us during our intense growth pains

shurur

Established Member
Needs to be road racing quality IMO..like a combo of the steeda and MM kmembers:
caster offset, OEM or CO spring option, OEM or lowering spring arm mounts points (x2 like geometry fix), ability to take AL rack mounts,, ability to accept 2 point and 4 point braces....

Edit:
For example: ~1" caster offset could the be combined with the offset delulum control arm bushings to get ~1.5" caster for those staying with the oem control arm. I do see that bmr has arms with spring cups..but didn't see whether yours offset or not...

Two control mount points for geometry allow for lowering springs that don't require those damn x2 ball joints...and to go moog!!

Steeda kmember takes both 2 and 4 point mm braces..with slight mod for the 4 point.

Oh and NO RELOCATION OF OIL FILTER!!!

Soooo..pretty much the steeda kmember with control arm caster and able to use AL rack bushings..

Last edited:

BMR Tech

I don’t wanna be a dick but can’t blame it on a busy 2018 when this was “started” in 2016.

Anyways I’m still waiting but my guess is most people moved on. I’m looking forward to it cause I have a set of headers I want to put on. Just hope it’s worth the wait

Exactly. Our relocation started in January of 2018 due to extreme growth since pre 2016. Lol.

2018 growth has just amplified the issue.

Needless to say, we are still making ground. We have released some very nice and innovative products since I started this post. I just didnt realize these products would lead to 850% growth in the segment.

Honestly, the k design is about complete. Just having a really hard time with the engine mount set up. Have 4 different style designs and we cant seem to pick "the one".

Needs to be road racing quality IMO..like a combo of the steeda and MM kmembers:
caster offset, OEM or CO spring option, OEM or lowering spring arm mounts points (x2 like geometry fix), ability to take AL rack mounts,, ability to accept 2 point and 4 point braces....

Edit:
For example: ~1" caster offset could the be combined with the offset delulum control arm bushings to get ~1.5" caster for those staying with the oem control arm. I do see that bmr has arms with spring cups..but didn't see whether yours offset or not...

Two control mount points for geometry allow for lowering springs that don't require those damn x2 ball joints...and to go moog!!

Steeda kmember takes both 2 and 4 point mm braces..with slight mod for the 4 point.

Oh and NO RELOCATION OF OIL FILTER!!!

Soooo..pretty much the steeda kmember with control arm caster and able to use AL rack bushings..

I like where your head is at. Several of these things you've mentioned are implemented into our design. As for relocating the wheel...we are not interested in changing the alignment at the current time. I want to stick to true stock replacement components with some available adjustability in certain areas - maybe the wheel relocating components will come at a later time. Anything is possible. :)

shurur

Established Member
Well if you were to add offset front control arms with an offset bushing option, that would fix the offset issue. But then you have co or stock arms..etc and maybe too many product options to make mfg worthwhile...dunno how these things get built.
I could see myself going to you control arms someday as they look like they are as strong as the oem. I don't plan to go CO ever...but I like my delalum offset bushings..

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Sorry guys. I've been Level5000 overwhelmed.

2018 has been very busy with extremely large growth in our '79-'04 segment (those spring pocket a-arms are impossible to keep up with demand), record growth for the company and we are also in the middle of a year long manufacturing facility upgrade. The much larger place and more equipment should really help alleviate our growing pains!

Our K-Member development was placed on hold for a bit, but we are working relentlessly to get back on it and get it finalized.

Steve Turner (Editor Turner) came and visited me the other day and shot some good images of our "stock style" K-Member development. He should be releasing the article soon and I will be posting it in this thread instantly!

Please bare with us during our intense growth pains
A stock tubular A-Arm that is a direct replacement would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm still interested as I'd like to get rid the oil filter relocation and bring the front wheels inboard a little bit. I don't mind the wheels sitting forward as now they're centered in the wheel well.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
A tubular rear upper/lower control arm for those that have went to coil-overs would be nice. Lower being more important since it has the spring pocket.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I would love a quality very strong and lightweight set of rear control arms upper/lower, as well as an adjustable rear sway bar and shock tower braces front/rear.

BMR is great, and I’m happy they are super busy. Congrats guys.

Users who are viewing this thread