BMR Suspension Breaking into the 79-04 Mustang Market! Sneak Pic K-Member Pic

BMR Tech

Well, we have waited long enough.

We/BMR have decided to go ahead and jump into the 79-04 Mustang world. I feel there is a void there, as you have basic "budget" drag race focused parts, then you have the very nice higher end Handling inspired components. There really isn't a company like us, in that market, in my opinion.

Our focus is on street/strip and handling applications, offering extremely high quality and innovative products at a great price - and tech/service that is among the highest level in the industry.

When I was hired onto BMR over 6 years ago, the plan BMR had for me was to handle the S197 and newer Ford Mustang segment....and then assist with developing a new 79-04 Mustang Suspension offering. Well, S197 kinda sorta EXPLODED and we simply did not have the time to even consider 79-04 products. Now that we have a new S197 guy in house, and I have taken over S550 - I can now focus on my favorite platform. :banana:

With our new K-Member, I want to focus on simplicity, weight savings, strength and innovation.

My #1 primary focus is to ensure this will be the best solution for those wanting to use the OEM or OEM style A-Arms. :-D

Anyhow, here is the base framework of the new K-Member we have made. This drawing is before quite a few items that are on it, like the adjustable rack height mounting...the universal and innovative style engine mount system, strength gusseting and a few other tricks. ;)

Rev 1 K-Member.jpg

We have a lot of testing and validation to do with this piece, as well as the A-Arms that we have designed up.

I hope to start rolling this, our A-Arms and a ton of other products out within the next few months.

BMR Tech

Our color options are Red, Hammertone Black and we also offer everything we build in BARE for those who want to be creative.

26712916521_807b06e138_c.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Hey Kelly, it's 01yellerCobra from S197, if you need another tester let me. I already have coilovers.:rolling:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I am glad you guys are supporting the 79-04 platform but I was hoping you would bring something new to the market after reading some of your posts in other k-member threads. I was looking forward to a new design just not another tubular k-member.

oldmodman

Established Member
Will they be inter-compatible with all the MM stuff a lot of us have already bought?

An awful lot of owners have already bought coil over kits from them and quite a few could not afford to just throw them out when we came up with the cash for the new K member.

And will you be designing it to fit around certain huge selling twin turbo kits?

I know there is nothing harder than making one section of the aftermarket fit with another.

BMR Tech

I am glad you guys are supporting the 79-04 platform but I was hoping you would bring something new to the market after reading some of your posts in other k-member threads. I was looking forward to a new design just not another tubular k-member.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would like to ask, what do you mean? I do not believe I am following you. I posted a very early initial framework drawing of our new K-Member, to let the market know we are coming.

What you will not see in the pic above is all of the gusseting, the "tubes" that are placed in a manner to support clearance and strength, the innovative new adjustable height rack mounts, the way it will clear the oil filter on oil cooler cars, how awesome it will be with OEM style arms, and of course - what will be a very innovative engine mount system.

There will be nothing like ours, until it is copied. I promise.

Will they be inter-compatible with all the MM stuff a lot of us have already bought?

An awful lot of owners have already bought coil over kits from them and quite a few could not afford to just throw them out when we came up with the cash for the new K member.

And will you be designing it to fit around certain huge selling twin turbo kits?

I know there is nothing harder than making one section of the aftermarket fit with another.

I am a big fan of MM, and a few other companies. I am going to do my best to ensure our system works with and is compatible with as many other parts as possible, but I am not willing to let that play a large factor on the design goals that we have.

Our goal is to have the best K-Member for the dollar. STRONG and light, excellent engineering with most mods in mind, be the best K-Member for those that choose to run OEM A-Arms, etc.

I should have a nice real prototype to share soon. :rockon:

BMR Tech

I am aiming at $399 - $499 range. Hoping for the lower.

But, it could go up a little, if we get too fancy with the features.

BMR Tech

Don't worry, if it becomes a success J.R. will be all over it and when called out he'll claim you ripped him off!

On a more serious note how do you intend to improve handling?

We already caught him ordering our entire line of 2016 Camaro parts under a fictitious name. Pretty funny how it all played out.

We are no strangers to being copied. It's very common for companies to copy our products.

BMR Tech

Wow to the above....anywhere to read up on it or was it done offline.

He ordered parts under the name Eric over the phone, and tried to have them shipped to a residence in his name in California.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread