best concealed carry hand gun

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
im looking to get a hand gun to concealed carry, ive got a full size kimber 1911 custom tactical 2 and i love the gun but its just too big to conceal. what do you personally think the best pistol to carry concealed is?

I have a kimber custom II, in .45acp. I really like it, not as light as some of the other compact, or sub compact guns out there. I bought it off one of my best friends for $500, 3 magazines, and a case. Its in great shape, just wish it was black.

Honestly the best pistol for you is the one you will carry! Period!

If you buy a gun and you dont like the trigger, or its to big, or heavy. You wont carry it. So shop around, think about what characteristics are important to you.

Juiced 66

Established Member
I carry one of my colt government models for cc.. Cocked and locked in the waistband. I just can't bring myself to carry a compact pistol.. Reason being what if I have to take a shot in a crowd from a distance. I want something that is going to be accurate. It can be done, you just have to get used to it.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
I am happy with my Glock 19 with Trijicon HD nightsights, some other work, and a grip reduction by coldborecustom

20120601_221643.jpg

20120601_221700.jpg

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
glock 30 sf, 10 rounds of .45 goodness

That's what I like... you need to handle as many different compact handguns as you can and decide what works for you. The Glock 30SF is very compact and holds 10 rounds of a large cartridge .45 ACP, plus it's half the price of a compact Kimber 1911. You want something small in size but not small in power.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
G30sf
.357LCR
M+P Shield
Springfield Arms line
Find a gun that fits YOUR hand well and is comfortable for YOU to carry and shoot. Rent a few at the range if you can. You'll find one or two that you really like. That's your choice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was going to start a thread yesterday on this very subject as I, too, am looking a handguns for personal protection. Keep the comments and suggestions coming.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I like my S&W .380 Bodyguard. 6+1.

380_2.jpg

The only issues that I have that are of the extended trigger pull. Which by design you almost want this on a CC weapon stuffed in your belt to guard against a mis-fire...etc.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

380_2.jpg

The only issues that I have that are of the extended trigger pull. Which by design you almost want this on a CC weapon stuffed in your belt to guard against a mis-fire...etc.

How do you like that S&W bodyguard? I don't typically care for the pocket pistol 380s, however; that S&W appears to be better built than the rest.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I have one and would recommend it. I'm not a huge fan of the trigger pull though.

Yah I have to agree. It's my only gripe. I doubt you'd notice it in a true self defense situation but it's not ideal. I have an inside waist band holster from N82 Tactical and it's perfect. In the winter I carry my S&W .40 for the most part.

chrisheltra

Established Member

380_2.jpg

I shot that gun a few times and could not believe the length of the trigger pull.

Users who are viewing this thread