best concealed carry hand gun

ttk53

Established Member
IMG_20120807_233508.jpg

Kimber Ultra Carry II great gun.

Blown 89

Established Member
because the cosmetics of a gun should always be the deciding factor when choosing a carry weapon. :nonono:
Too many people think it is.....and those are the guys with plastic guns at the weekly shooting competitions fighting jams, misfires, and failures to feed.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
How do you like that S&W bodyguard? I don't typically care for the pocket pistol 380s, however; that S&W appears to be better built than the rest.

I like it for these reasons:

1. It's small enough to conceal and wear on a inner-hip holster without creating any discomfort or require removal when you get in the car.
- I can wear it with a pair of Nike running shorts and a T-shirt and its nearly impossible to see. (doesn't weigh that much).

2. Very accurate as long as you don't jerk with the extended trigger pull. With the built in laser, sighted in at 10-12 yards away, I can put a hole through a quarter.

3. Dis-assembly is easy. Cleaning the gun is very simple. Small amount of parts, less things to break.

4. Ammo is relatively cheap. (the personal protection loads are not)

5. Drawing it from said hip/holster through the velcro straps is a sinch. In crisis mode, being able to draw your weapon safely and quickly is important.

What I don't like about it:

1. Extended trigger pull. If I fire a round using the pad of my finger or first joint accuracy is severely affected. In a crisis, I think my finger naturally would wrap around the first joint on my index finger but in target practice, I've seen that I will draw the gun to one side due to increased trigger pull.
- I understand that this is also a "GOOD" point of having something like this on a concealed weapon, so this isn't a HUGE complaint, but just something that I'd rather not have.

- that's it. Everything else seems to be a positive.

I've read certain reviews were people complain about it only having 6 rounds +1, but IMO, if you need more than 7 rounds to stop the threat at 10 yards away, you have brought the wrong gun or should have spent more time at the range.

Last edited:

UncleAnt

Established Member
I've got a g27 and a bodyguard like most others.i carry either and I'm comfortable with either.the body guard is nice because I live in Florida and I wear Nike basketball shorts 90% of the times and can wear it without feeling it.i can carry the 27 in shorts too it just take alittle more thought.I also carried a g19 for a long time iwb before I got the 27

That 29 10mm is just a badass gun.if you can't stop someone with that I dont think there's much hope for you Lol.ive been looking to pick up a g29sf but the people who have them don't want to part with it.

It's all about what feels the best to you and what you shoot the best.I have to say I like the s&w shield that came out and wouldn't mind buying one,nice single stack with the m&p design in your choice of 9 or 40

SneakyPete

Banned
How do you like that S&W bodyguard? I don't typically care for the pocket pistol 380s, however; that S&W appears to be better built than the rest.

badass lil gun. I carry one on the regular. picked mine up for $350 from Trop Gun Shop in E-ville. 1000 rnds through it, no jams. Can't beat it for a pocket pistol, it's a baby M&P bascially.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Sig P938...based on the P238 but now in 9mm instead of .380. Same size, ridiculously small and easy to carry. If you've never shot one, they're very accurate for such a small gun and would be my pick over the Bodyguard, DB, and even the overpriced Kimber Solo. The trigger is much better than the others also. Basically just a miniature 1911!

Specs here - P938 Extreme

SigSauerP938.jpg

P938-Extreme-Detail-HERO.jpg

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
Sig P938...based on the P238 but now in 9mm instead of .380. Same size, ridiculously small and easy to carry. If you've never shot one, they're very accurate for such a small gun and would be my pick over the Bodyguard, DB, and even the overpriced Kimber Solo. The trigger is much better than the others also. Basically just a miniature 1911!

SigSauerP938.jpg

Nice! I'll look into this for my girlfriend, as she didn't like the Ruger SP101 that I bought for her as much that I hoped she would. Others on SVTP told me as much, but I denounced their advice...I guess I'm paying for it now, huh?

Last edited:

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member

SigSauerP938.jpg

My P-238 was the worst handgun I've ever dealt with. Constantly failed to eject, and when it did eject the case was all sorts of chewed up. I tried with multiple brands of ammunition and just couldn't get it to run right. Had awesome night sights and when it would function I enjoyed it. Wouldn't trust my life to one though.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
My P-238 was the worst handgun I've ever dealt with. Constantly failed to eject, and when it did eject the case was all sorts of chewed up. I tried with multiple brands of ammunition and just couldn't get it to run right. Had awesome night sights and when it would function I enjoyed it. Wouldn't trust my life to one though.

Just over 1k rounds through mine and never hand a single FTF/FTE. You can find that with any gun from any manufacturer. My XD was the biggest POS with the same problems but my brothers has been trouble free from the first day at the range. I personally have never had to deal with SIG service, but have heard nothing but good things. Then again, most of the big names are very good to work with. Sorry you had such bad luck as they are really a good shooting gun imho, though from personal experience, many of the newer micro pistols seem to have a certain preference/brand that works best.:beer:

SneakyPete

Banned
that SIG is awesome but for a pocket carry pistol? No way, WAY too heavy. my bodyguard is almost imperceptible when i carry it. you need something that's not going to weigh you down like crazy OP.

Jroc

Established Member
Here's my vote if you're wanting a pocket pistol.

Ruger® LC9™ Centerfire Pistol Models

It seems like everyone I know that carry's pocket pistols likes the KEL-TEC's and they seem to be an alright cheap little pistol I guess, but I personally am just not a fan of the .380 round.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a very well constructed gun. The built-in laser is really nice as-well.
I guess so! Built-in laser is certainly nice. I didn't know the BodyGuard had that feature. Still learning. ;-)

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
If you want a "pocket pistol" vs. a concealable carry gun I like the S&W J frame revolvers. I have a lightweight (aluminum frame and titanium cylinder) 5 shot .38+P with a shrouded hammer. I also installed a set of Crimson Trace laser grips. When my attire makes it hard to conceal my Glock 30SF I carry the J frame in a Desantis pocket holster. It fits nicely in the front pocket of any pair of pants and the light weight doesn't weigh the pants down. Usually I carry a speed loader in the other pocket. I like the .38+P better than a .380 semi auto.

I have been looking for the same J frame in the S&W M&P line chambered in .357 magnum, but they are hard to find.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
What about a Walther PPK or PPKS....I am looking into getting one of those as they shoot great and have a nice feel to them....still 380 though....
Still like my S&W Bodyguard 380 or my Kimber Ultra Carry II

Users who are viewing this thread