• Magnaflow

Votes: 231 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

micksnip

Established Member
Free Will

Guys and Gals-Let's talk philosophy and psychology-of catback purchases. Almost everything in the last 4 pages has been about Choice and Free Will. No Catback is inherently good or evil. They exist to serve us, and we all like to be served in a different manner by our product. Therefore, we all buy different products for our own personal reasons.Sound, fit, stainless or not, cost,size, ease of installation, etc. So, therefore, it's just a matter of opinion and taste. I know we are all a combination of authors and critics, but all we can do is present our view of what is our favorite, and the rest is up to the free will of the buyer. Just my 2 cents about being over zealous about suggestions vs. free will.Especially if suggestions aren't being solicited, you'll run into a brick wall if you make them or scoff at the choice the buyer is making.(i.e. drone, cost) Micksnip

M4RKz SVT

Established Member
I just ordered my Borla Stingers last week and it should be coming in tomorrow according to the tracking info. Now this question is for you cobra owners that have the Stinger Catback.... am i gonna run into alot of fix-it tickets w/ the cops because of how loud it is? And has anyone complained about how loud it is.. not that i care if i piss anyone off... but i just want to know. So fill me in..

BlueOvalBill

Established Member
micksnip said:
Guys and Gals-Let's talk philosophy and psychology-of catback purchases. ... No Catback is inherently good or evil. They exist to serve us, and we all like to be served in a different manner ... Micksnip

Well said, Dude! :thumbsup:

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
M4RKz SVT said:
I just ordered my Borla Stingers last week and it should be coming in tomorrow according to the tracking info. Now this question is for you cobra owners that have the Stinger Catback.... am i gonna run into alot of fix-it tickets w/ the cops because of how loud it is? And has anyone complained about how loud it is.. not that i care if i piss anyone off... but i just want to know. So fill me in..

I haven't gotten any complaints yet. It's going to sound loud to you at first but you will get used to it and it will sound a lot quieter. I just took my car through inspection for the first time with the Stingers on and they didn't say a word about them.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
M4RKz SVT said:

you'll be fine - i have not had one cop even look twice even when slightly getting on it when they were around

the stingers with stock h really isnt as loud as i was expecting because of all i had read before i got em. it does have a nice growl

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Guys.. I can't find the info anymore but somewhere I read that the Stingers were cheaper than they used to be.. Is there any truth to that or are they still $600+ bucks?

Thanks!
Brian

DitchTehFish

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Guys.. I can't find the info anymore but somewhere I read that the Stingers were cheaper than they used to be.. Is there any truth to that or are they still $600+ bucks?

Thanks!
Brian

I just recently bought the Stingers for $570 shipped! This seems to be a low price right now.:rockon:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
JAX, it's a really nice CB man. Fit, quality and finish is 2nd to none!

thanks! I heard so many people compliment the look and fit of the magnaflow.. I was so close to going with the Stingers but I don't have the stock H-pipe and was worried it was going to be a bit too loud with my midpipe (Catted Xpipe). So the Cash that I saved on going with the Magnaflow I ordered one of those MGW LTD Shifters.

http://www.mgwltd.com/images/t56.jpg

I needed one bad!.

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
To tell you the truth dude! If I didn't get my Stingers for around $300 I wouldn't have gotten them at all! The Magnaflow's I bought from completeexhaust.com was the best bang for the buck IMHO.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
JAX, it's a really nice CB man. Fit, quality and finish is 2nd to none!
The quality of the Maganflow tips are sh*t IMO. They "bronze" and lose their luster after a while. Other than that, it's a great catback. Although, I'm swapping them out for the Stingers. :thumbsup:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
I'll have to keep them polished!. Worse case I'll chop em off if they get too crappy and get some 4in Tips. :thumbsup:

by the way Silver!. I called that place you PM'd me about and the F'ers Went up on their price by $25 bucks!. Acck!.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I never had a problem with the tips. Nothing that Grease Lightning didn't take care of on every wash. :thumbsup:

DitchTehFish

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
I called that place you PM'd me about and the F'ers Went up on their price by $25 bucks!. Acck!.

I think they received massive amounts of calls after a few members and I ordered the system, word probably spread fast.They figure they can get more money now. :nonono:

Last edited:

03Cobra19

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Just ordered my Magnaflow CB this Morning from John & Joe @ Complete Exhaust for $349

$349?!?!?!? Whaaat? Where?? I see 499...
Let me know!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread